Quantcast

The worst week ever, and its only Tuesday

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well, I thought I would share with you guys.

I have a very good friend;Zach Weir, whos father was dating this woman, who was kind of crazy. Zach told his father to not date her because she was weired. They then broke up.
Zach; who is Jewis, was teaching Sunday school in the Synogugoe(sp?) and the woman who was dating his father walked in. He knew something was wrong, so he sent the kids outside. They said words, and she shot him twice. Once in the stomach and once in the head. Keep in mind this is a very good friend of mine. He dies Sunday night in the ICU at 11:15.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Wow, that's horrible...what a traumatic way to lose a friend.
She's in custody?

My condolences to you, him, and his family.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
here's the article for you guys.

Shot teen dies in surgery

Motive unknown, police say

By Cheryl Berzanskis
cheryl.berzanskis@amarillo.com

Amarillo marked its 13th homicide of the year with the death of Zachary Weir on Sunday evening.
The 15-year old boy was shot multiple times that morning at Temple B'Nai Israel, 4316 S. Albert Ave., by a woman who shot herself once in the chest and died shortly afterward.

Police detectives are trying to determine why Eloise Evans, 50, shot Weir and then herself at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.

Weir died at 11 p.m. after emergency surgery, said Lt. Gary Trupe of the Amarillo Police Department.

Weir was teaching a boy and girl, both under the age of 10, in small room at the synagogue when Evans entered, told the children to leave, pulled the gun and shot the teen, Trupe said.

Detectives know that Evans had been counseling with the training rabbi at the synagogue, Trupe said, but he did not know whether Evans was a member.

Evans and Weir's father were acquainted, Trupe said, but officers don't know whether she was acquainted with the teen.

"Unfortunately, I believe this was targeted toward Zachary or his father," Trupe said.

Evans' family, from whom she is estranged, lives in Kansas, he said.

Trupe said he did not know how long Evans had lived in Amarillo.

The boy and girl did not witness the attack, Trupe said.

"I hope they didn't get to see the aftereffects," he said.

The children were interviewed at The Bridge, Children's Advocacy Center.

Justice of the Peace Nancy Bosquez ordered autopsies on the bodies

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
The woman shot herself in the stomach and died later on. I havn't talked to his dad yet. Zach's mom, who died last year on October 30th of Cancer, the same day, a year later Zach died.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
ThePriceSeliger said:
The woman shot herself in the stomach and died later on. I havn't talked to his dad yet. Zach's mom, who died last year on October 30th of Cancer, the same day, a year later Zach died.
Oh man, that poor dad. :( Any other kids in that family, or is the dad on his own now?

E

enkidu

ThePriceSeliger said:
What an incredibly sad situation. I hope Zack's dad can make it through this horrific time of his life in tact. . . with all the good thoughts, prayers, and vibrations that you and we can muster for him. And take care, yourself.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Sorry to hear about your loss; what a tragic event to have happen. It sounds like your friend was a really good kid. Keep your head up.

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
that's horrible, I'm really sorry to hear that.

my parents got divorced when I was ten, and my dad married a gun-toting psycho. I used to have nightmares about exactly this kind of thing...