Quantcast

theory question

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
hey you all

what up

question if our normal DC forks are also referred to as double-triple-crowns then the lefty can be considered a double-double-crown fork right??
:think:
just wondering your thoughs on this one

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Sir_Crackien said:
hey you all

what up

question if our normal DC forks are also referred to as double-triple-crowns then the lefty can be considered a double-double-crown fork right??
:think:
just wondering your thoughs on this one

It's good to see someone finally get it. I guess I'm overly picky about terminology but I hate when a dual crown fork is refered to a triple. The alternate term for a crown is a "triple clamp" one clamp for the steerer and one for each leg (yeah it's press fit). Put one above and below the head tube and you have a double "triple clamp". So...a lefty is still a dual crown fork but a double "double clamp" fork.

Confused yet... :think:

Mike

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Dartman said:
It's good to see someone finally get it. I guess I'm overly picky about terminology but I hate when a dual crown fork is refered to a triple. The alternate term for a crown is a "triple clamp" one clamp for the steerer and one for each leg (yeah it's press fit). Put one above and below the head tube and you have a double "triple clamp". So...a lefty is still a dual crown fork but a double "double clamp" fork.

Confused yet... :think:

Mike
I get it...

But what about waterbottles in Uganda with burly holes that don't water the grass??

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I dont think Ive ever heard it called a double-triple "crown" by any credible source...just people who dont know what theyre talking about.
Now, double-triple clamp, that makes sense. ie..for something like a Stratos S7 or a Monster T or something.
...who cares?