Quantcast

There are a few good reasons to have a man along on a mountain bike ride

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
XX-rated
By PEGGY O'Neill - IR Outdoors Editor - 06/23/05

There are a few good reasons to have a man along on a mountain bike ride. For one thing, most men seem to know instinctively how to change a flat tire. They're also usually good with a chain tool. And if they're gentlemanly, they'll check your tires for air and make sure your components are in working order before you hit the trail and ride off into the sunset together.

But then the trail gets rocky and steep and that wonderful guy's words of encouragement offered to you from the top of the hill make you want to wrap your handlebars around his neck and consider ripping the large sprocket off the bike and throwing it like a Shuriken into his big mouth.

"Just go ahead without me," you yell at your probably well-intentioned guy while heaving your bike off the nearest big rock, nevermind that he's the only one carrying extra tubes, a pump and a tool kit. "I hate this and I hate you for bringing me on this god-forsaken trail."

(More...)

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
"I cried the first four times I rode a mountain bike,"

I sure as hell didn't.
This dmn article is painting us as whiney temperamental btches.
Great.

Just what we need.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
A couple of years ago, I thought I was in good shape, hauling my Bullit up a climb with a bunch of weight watching XC weenies and dropping them one by one.

Then a 100 pound woman went by me like she was on an motocross bike, with flat ****ing pedals! She wasn't even breathing hard. I no longer have an ego.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
dh girlie said:
:nope:

Well...it's not really only women that go in there...all the horndogs go in there looking for pictures or trolling for dates...there was a time long ago that the mud hunnies lounge is where everyone, including the guys hung out...
I have no problem with guys going in there.
I'm one of the "horndogs" that goes in there looking for pictures.

The trouble starts when we start letting women OUT of the Mud Hunnies lounge. Then they start talking about their "rights" and how we need to "talk" more.

At least that's what I think she was saying...
I was too busy staring at her chest. :drool:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Biscuit said:
The trouble starts when we start letting women OUT of the Mud Hunnies lounge. Then they start talking about their "rights" and how we need to "talk" more.
:rolleyes:

Whatever....why don't you bring your narrow minded a** up to the PNW and I'll we'll talk about 'rights' and 'feeling' as us ladies are schooling you on the trails. :angry:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Snacks said:

Whatever....why don't you bring your narrow minded a** up to the PNW and I'll we'll talk about 'rights' and 'feeling' as us ladies are schooling you on the trails. :angry:
I would love that. :)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Biscuit said:
I have no problem with guys going in there.
I'm one of the "horndogs" that goes in there looking for pictures.

At least that's what I think she was saying...
I was too busy staring at her chest. :drool:

HAHAHAHA! nice!

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Snacks said:

First of all: I would love that.
Second of all: I find the term "narrow minded a**" a bid confusing.

Are you referring to my mind?
If so, are you saying it's narrow as in pea-brained, or is it more meant like butt-head?

In that case, are you saying my a** has a mind of its own?
(I sometimes wonder)
Or are you saying it's "narrow?" That is unless your being sarcastic.. which means your saying I have a big butt..

And that hurts.

RM doesn't have an "I'm stupid" smilie, so I'll improvise.

BISCUIT
:stupid:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
"I cried the first four times I rode a mountain bike,"

Maybe someone stole her bike? or ran over it in the parking lot? I can't imagine why else you would cry when you're going riding...

MudGrrl said:
I sure as hell didn't.
This dmn article is painting us as whiney temperamental btches.
Great.

Just what we need.
I agree. I went over the bars my first four times on a mtn bike. Come to think of it, I went over the bars almost every time I rode for almost 6 months... I was just following the guys - I thought that's what happened to everyone... :confused:

If you're not questioned about domestic abuse regularly by strangers, you're just not pushing the edge.

J

JRB

Biscuit said:
DAMNIT!

FYI: bid = bit

I really am stupid.

And RM needs a spell checker.
FYI - you wouldn't have seemed so dumb if you knew you could edit the post. :think:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Biscuit said:
First of all: I would love that.
Second of all: I find the term "narrow minded a**" a bid confusing.

Are you referring to my mind?
If so, are you saying it's narrow as in pea-brained, or is it more meant like butt-head?

In that case, are you saying my a** has a mind of its own?
(I sometimes wonder)
Or are you saying it's "narrow?" That is unless your being sarcastic.. which means your saying I have a big butt..

And that hurts.

RM doesn't have an "I'm stupid" smilie, so I'll improvise.

BISCUIT
:stupid:
I will give you this Mr. Biscuit, many of the women who post on the site are not adept in arguing with a-holes.

But you are not looking good with this one. What you think is being cute makes you look bad with everyone else...

And I am being nice because I read your other posts. If I went after you, you would look real bad...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's horrible!!! Hold on, I have to send it to all my friends... That's disgusting!!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
There are lots of places you can find boobies on the internet, I have no idea why some dillholes insist on posting them here.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Biscuit said:
Then they start talking about their "rights" and how we need to "talk" more.QUOTE]
Actually, I don't want a guy to talk more. It just gets embarrassing when he does.

The Cheese
Wait I just want to talk about my feelings. Will you respect me in the morning? Or you a love-em-and-leave-em kind of person?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
whatever. i still cry when i get frustrated while riding every now and then. its more of a frustrated, exasperated, i'm fed up with this mind over matter bull**** cry as opposed to a somebody help me kind of thing. mostly because i get so pissed at myself for being such a wuss. i still get out there and ride and race. who cares how i let my frustration out. i usually have a good little sniffle while sitting alone on the trail contemplating my next move. then i get so mad that i cried that i "nut it up" and just do it. works for me.