Quantcast

"There Are Rules" - Walter Sobchak Thread

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My little corner of the world is full of transgressions that make me feel like the fabric of society is fraying, and not just around the edges. It made me wonder what the rest of the world is like, and what others see. So, here's your chance to vent and tell all of monkey-dom what grinds your gears.

1. There's always that person who can't be bothered to put the shopping cart back in the rack, and now the rest of us get to discover these easter eggs hidden in parking spaces, and the store employees have to go wrangle strays. Put it back!

2. The guy who needs to gas it off the line as soon as the light goes green, so he can chirp the tires and make a left turn before the waiting oncoming traffic gets into the intersection. If you're making a left, wait your turn.

3.Drag races, sideshows, and dirt-bike/ATV guys riding on the sidewalks, popping wheelies in dense traffic or on the freeways. Yeah, that looks like it could be fun, but knock it off on the public streets.

#yellingatclouds

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
1. There's always that person who can't be bothered to put the shopping cart back in the rack, and now the rest of us get to discover these easter eggs hidden in parking spaces, and the store employees have to go wrangle strays. Put it back!
@I Are Baboon once wrote something about this. I searched but couldn't find it.

So, I'd like to complain about search.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had to "steal" my own bike today. About 30 people walked by me as I did it an no one said a thing.

People have always been shitty, maybe in different ways. I may not think so if I didn't spend 3 years in highschool working a shitty retail job and dealing with the general public everyday.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The general state of lawlessness that exists. I still cannot ride a wheelie. But when I can. It'll be on the sidewalk. I practice riding them on the sidewalk. I have no plans to stop. I now carry a wheelie stick in case one of you fuckers tries to stop me. So there.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i try to live every day like it is still 2019.....just not drinking.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The general state of lawlessness that exists. I still cannot ride a wheelie. But when I can. It'll be on the sidewalk. I practice riding them on the sidewalk. I have no plans to stop. I now carry a wheelie stick in case one of you fuckers tries to stop me. So there.
Across the intersection. Somehow it gets more attention than 5000 lumen strobes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
why do you choose to live in hollywood again?
i remember visiting a friend in hollywood for new years in the 90's and thinking....nope....never....he lived four or five blocks off the strip....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If it’s annoying, it’s probably been covered in here.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If it’s annoying, it’s probably been covered in here.
oh man since that thread was alive...I mean yeah we have actual nazis marching in washington again, but let me tell you about the state of the service around here...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
It isn't just that it's annoying. It's behaviors that indicate disregard for the rules of an ordered society.
Like, yesterday when I saw someone who hadn't gotten into a left turn lane, but decided that they needed to make a left despite the fact the left turn lane was full. They were the first car in their lane and instead of going through the intersection on a green and making a left at the next block, they just held up the entire traffic lane for a full light cycle so they could make the left they wanted to.

Or people who actually take the time to pick up after their dog when it shits, then they walk over to my trash cans and put the shit bag in the recycling bin instead of the garbage. Or, even better, just leave the shit in a bag next to the trash cans.

I'm sure we've all seen the mask on, but with the nose out.

They give a wink of acknowledgment to the existence of a rule, but flex by ignoring it. It goes beyond annoying, goes past rude, and heads toward sociopathic and narcissistic.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm sure we've all seen the mask on, but with the nose out.

They give a wink of acknowledgment to the existence of a rule, but flex by ignoring it. It goes beyond annoying, goes past rude, and heads toward sociopathic and narcissistic.
hollywood.....they make white folks in jackson hole seem humble...

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
It isn't just that it's annoying. It's behaviors that indicate disregard for the rules of an ordered society.
When was this period of an ordered society? I grew up in Tucson, AZ and people rioted and flipped police cars when the UofA basketball team went to the final 4?

It‘s been a while don’t remember much order. Stoicism man…..