Quantcast

"There Are Rules" - Walter Sobchak Thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
When was this period of an ordered society? I grew up in Tucson, AZ and people rioted and flipped police cars when the UofA basketball team went to the final 4?

It‘s been a while don’t remember much order. Stoicism man…..
When I was 6 years old and being kept safe and sheltered by my parents I didn't see any damn riots!

The first broken law happened when I shoplifted at 16.

True story.

Before that no one had ever done anything extralegal or annoying.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
When was this period of an ordered society? I grew up in Tucson, AZ and people rioted and flipped police cars when the UofA basketball team went to the final 4?

It‘s been a while don’t remember much order. Stoicism man…..
You're right. That shoulder shrug of a question and single anecdote indicates we've always been completely mired in lawless chaos. Carry on.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
You're right. That shoulder shrug of a question and single anecdote indicates we've always been completely mired in lawless chaos. Carry on.
Sorry, I should explain my point of view more if I m going to make comments. I didn’t mean a shoulder shrug I meant something different.

I think adding value to the world around you however you can is a better use of one’s time and energy rather than to spend precious time on commentating and judging. It gets away from people and I think it is possible to use that time more wisely.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Sorry, I should explain my point of view more if I m going to make comments. I didn’t mean a shoulder shrug I meant something different.

I think adding value to the world around you however you can is a better use of one’s time and energy rather than to spend precious time on commentating and judging. It gets away from people and I think it is possible to use that time more wisely.
:thumb: My wife always says ‘Grow the good stuff.’

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Get a Nest camera then you can at least shout at him through the camera and insult his mtb setup. However judging from his setup he might be retarded?
after having a discussion with the culprit. I can confirm he is retarded. Lauf and Thudbuster kinda gave it away though.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
well maybe your sign should spell: "Propriété privée. Défense de passer"? Might get moar compliance that way...
I translated it for the Monkey. But 10 minutes ago I got the visit from an anglo skier... I asked him if he knew what Propriété Privée meant... of course he played the famous "I'm lost" card.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I translated it for the Monkey. But 10 minutes ago I got the visit from an anglo skier... I asked him if he knew what Propriété Privée meant... of course he played the famous "I'm lost" card.

Sick the Vizslas on him.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
should have included a ;) with that message...

On one of my local loops (Kanata Lakes - maybe you know of it?), someone built an extra loop off the main network that connects to his house. At first it wasn't open to the public, but I think a new owner has moved in and is ok with people riding there now, as long as they stay away from the house. This info was conveyed on one post of the local MTB club facebook page a few years ago. Not sure how many people are aware. Seems to me that it would be nice if there was some sort of sign to explain this... maybe the club could pay for it? Because I can see it getting old quick, especially in winter when people are night riding more often, and light reflects off the snow better.

Anyways, I only wrote that because I think you track a trail from your house to the main network? Maybe a little more info saying "dead end this path leads to a private residence" would help? Or maybe you could get one of those plastic chains in a bright colour (with reflective flags on it so people don't hit it by mistake?) between two trees across the trail ? I can see people being curious about a new trail popping off the main trail... (sorry for the unsolicited advice, I'll shut up now)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
should have included a ;) with that message...

On one of my local loops (Kanata Lakes - maybe you know of it?),
I do, Outback... :drool:

Anyways, I only wrote that because I think you track a trail from your house to the main network? Maybe a little more info saying "dead end this path leads to a private residence" would help? Or maybe you could get one of those plastic chains in a bright colour (with reflective flags on it so people don't hit it by mistake?) between two trees across the trail ? I can see people being curious about a new trail popping off the main trail... (sorry for the unsolicited advice, I'll shut up now)
Just made that sign to go with the other.

272370208_936090980380303_3003003686302858558_n.jpg