Quantcast

There are still a lot of good people around...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=drehs/050606&num=0

A 56 year old man is walking from Arizona to Chicago to raise money for juvnille diabetes

motivated by the story of Ron Santo, he hopped on a highway in Prescott Valley, Ariz.,Jan.11 and headed for Wrigley Field with two goals: to raise $250,000 for juvenile diabetes and to arrive in time for the Cubs' July 1 game against the Nationals. (Today, Monday, June 6, he's in Springfield, IL, on his way to Lincoln, IL. About 240 miles still to go.)
America still has some pretty amazing folks.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
That's cool.

With the NBA playoffs in full swing, there's been a lot of talk about Steve Nash (Phoenix Suns)... apparently he's a hell of a guy too. When he was in the olympics, he gave his coach $25k on the QT to give out to the non-NBA olympians so they could have some fun. I guess he does a lot for the community and charities too.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
The Toninator said:
i sherpa cabbie from nyc prostrated all they way across Manhattan to the site of the world trade center last week.
I need a translator, but Tony you should have told me you were coming to NYC. dillhole.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
some local college kids are doing a 33mile crawl, yes CRAWL to try and get a guinness world record and get money for Aids, I think so far they've raised almost 13k.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
spincrazy said:
I need a translator, but Tony you should have told me you were coming to NYC. dillhole.
dear dillholio,

Theres no way i would have come to nyc without giving you a call first.

Dillhole always
The Toninator
sherpa = those dudes that carry all the stuff up that really tall mountain
cabbie = those dudes that drives those cars downtown that try to run over bikers
prostrated = root 'prostrate' (probably spelt wrong) a prayer maneuver where you raise your hands to god then drop to your knee's then lunge forward and lay flat on the ground pull your self forward with your elbows then stand up in that spot then repeat till you get to where your going.