Quantcast

there he comes again Nicholi Rogatkin trails & lot 8 session

Sep 12, 2004
yeah he might be ready to step it up to the full 20in

ive read a few random posts saying it might be a hard transition for him but i cant imagine how crazy it must feel to pretty much know that you are going to be the next big contest bmx god...

the kids what 12 or something. by the time hes 16 he should be untouchable

Last edited:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
he can't tailwhip a bigger bike, one of his close friends explained it to me at woodward. bars are chicagoed flat. he pedals through the trails too. not impressed

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
not impressed
Really? I mean....I'm 6'1 and I ride a 20' sometimes. If I could tailwhip-backflip it would you not be impressed?

I totally understand the little bike thing, but keep in mind that we're all big people riding little bikes. He just a little person riding a littler bike.

As for the pedaling, he's riding jumps designed for bigger wheels, his aren't gonna hold speed as well. He's still doing huge tricks on huge jumps relative to his (or really anyone's) size.

Sep 12, 2004
Really? I mean....I'm 6'1 and I ride a 20' sometimes. If I could tailwhip-backflip it would you not be impressed?

I totally understand the little bike thing, but keep in mind that we're all big people riding little bikes. He just a little person riding a littler bike.

As for the pedaling, he's riding jumps designed for bigger wheels, his aren't gonna hold speed as well. He's still doing huge tricks on huge jumps relative to his (or really anyone's) size.
hey good point there - a 6'1" to a 20 is much smaller in comparison to that kid on a 16...

and to the guy that is not impressed - i suppose your bag of tricks includes tailwhip flips, 360 tailwhips, and 720s right...cause otherwise youd sound really foolish talking down about the kid

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
hey good point there - a 6'1" to a 20 is much smaller in comparison to that kid on a 16...

and to the guy that is not impressed - i suppose your bag of tricks includes tailwhip flips, 360 tailwhips, and 720s right...cause otherwise youd sound really foolish talking down about the kid
its really easy to do stuff on 16 inches. Have you ever ridden someone that rides one? I know i have and he could do alot of stuff on it and he is like 4 feet tall. Then he moved up to a 20inch and he can still so alot of stuff. For that kids size he should definitively be riding a 20"

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
internet is serious business guys. kid's got no flow whatsoever. no pump either. and my friend kevin rides a 20.5 sunday with slams and he's shorter than nicholi and has more bike control and all that good stuff. that kid's riding is just stock.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
all that good stuff.
ie: flipwhips?

I'm not denying that its definitely easier to do those tricks on a little bike, and he's big enough to ride a full size bmx. But you're big enough to ride a 26". I respect all the flow I'm sure you have, and can definitely appreciate some good style, but dude's twelve...

Good call on the "serious business." Oldie buy a goodie when it comes to e-arguing, excellent tactic.

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
internet is serious business guys. kid's got no flow whatsoever. no pump either. and my friend kevin rides a 20.5 sunday with slams and he's shorter than nicholi and has more bike control and all that good stuff. that kid's riding is just stock.
Does your friend flip-whip? Double t-whip? 720? Superman like a mofo? One handed superman seatgrab? Barspin?

The kid's 11 and would work your boy over proper.

Stock riding... yeah, ok.

I believe I saw a video of him either A). 360 double t-whip or B). backflip double t-whip. Can't remember correctly, but I'm pretty sure your friend can't come close. Stop hatin.

Edited for one more thing. That kid looks proprtional on his bike. By that I mean, he is the same size on his bike that say, Corey Bohan is on his bike. So by some people's thinking, Bohan should move to a 26.

Last edited:

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
its really easy to do stuff on 16 inches. Have you ever ridden someone that rides one? I know i have and he could do alot of stuff on it and he is like 4 feet tall. Then he moved up to a 20inch and he can still so alot of stuff. For that kids size he should definitively be riding a 20"
So grab a 16 and show that kid how it's done.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
Does your friend flip-whip? Double t-whip? 720? Superman like a mofo? One handed superman seatgrab? Barspin?

The kid's 11 and would work your boy over proper.

Stock riding... yeah, ok.

I believe I saw a video of him either A). 360 double t-whip or B). backflip double t-whip. Can't remember correctly, but I'm pretty sure your friend can't come close. Stop hatin.

Edited for one more thing. That kid looks proprtional on his bike. By that I mean, he is the same size on his bike that say, Corey Bohan is on his bike. So by some people's thinking, Bohan should move to a 26.

never said i didn't have respect for the kid, and i didn't say i was better than he was. i just don't like his riding, and i think he would probably do better on a larger bike he's not squished onto, cos he's still riding a 16", he's 12, and he's not that short. it's cool he can do all that stuff, but it's not my cup of tea ya dig? he's also kind of a showoff, he was double whipping the height bar at woodward for the high jump, but couldn't get over 5 feet or so. to each his own, eh?

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
never said i didn't have respect for the kid, and i didn't say i was better than he was. i just don't like his riding, and i think he would probably do better on a larger bike he's not squished onto, cos he's still riding a 16", he's 12, and he's not that short. it's cool he can do all that stuff, but it's not my cup of tea ya dig? he's also kind of a showoff, he was double whipping the height bar at woodward for the high jump, but couldn't get over 5 feet or so. to each his own, eh?
Kind of a showoff? Yeah, most guys who trick like that are. Don't hate that a 12 year old has rediculous skills. Put him on a 20 and he still kills, guaranteed. Why should a much older kid tell a kid much younger kid who owns most bmxers (whatever age), what size bike to ride?

Seriously, you are jealous of a 12 year old.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
Kind of a showoff? Yeah, most guys who trick like that are. Don't hate that a 12 year old has rediculous skills. Put him on a 20 and he still kills, guaranteed. Why should a much older kid tell a kid much younger kid who owns most bmxers (whatever age), what size bike to ride?

Seriously, you are jealous of a 12 year old.
meh, his riding just doesn't interest me. it's cool what he's doing, just not my hypothetical cup of tea

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Pretty amazing. Just imagine the stuff he'll be doing when he matures.
Grom, your statements are rediculous. Park and dirt doesn't interest you? Are you fscking serious? :D How anyone can look at that and not be stoked, is beyond me....

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Park and dirt doesn't interest you? Are you fscking serious?
I think, correct me if I'm wrong Grom, but I think he's trying to say that he prefers "stylie" riding to big tricks and stuff. Nothing wrong with that at all, but no amount of whips and smoothness will ever beat out big tricks in a contest. Maybe he's just a soul rider.

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Really cool, but at the same time not super impressed. It;s all about flow and he has none.
All about flow? For a park rider? Nope. Flow has d!ck to do with park... all about tricks. That's why Chase Hawk can't make park finals and Daniel Dhers wins, same with Mike Spinner.

I like how you guys are ragging on a 12 year old who OWN almost all of you. I'm pretty sure a kid who can flip-whip could throw a nasty moto-whip if he wanted. Seriously. Think about what I just said.

Saying it's all about flow is another way of taking tricks out of the mix, which makes some of ya feel a little bit better about your lack of tricks.

Last edited:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
grom-dom is just mad, cause he wants to wear that kids pants. they'll probably be even tighter that his own and he would be stoked on that...
i'm not even pissed. that made me laugh mike, and today sucked. efive for that. i just don't enjoy watching him do that, where there' younger better kids doing the same thing on a full size. alex hiam, 12, on a 20":

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
i'm not even pissed. that made me laugh mike, and today sucked. efive for that. i just don't enjoy watching him do that, where there' younger better kids doing the same thing on a full size. alex hiam, 12, on a 20":
So footjams and way less jumping ability make that kid better? C'mon grom... the only thing those two kids have in common is lack of ball hair. In any sort of park comp, That Nicholi kid kills the the other kid. Both of them rock, you just don't like that he rides a 16.

And where was this magical "flow"?

Last edited:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Calm down guys, that video was pretty sick too. I definitely cant do those tricks, on any of my bikes.. 20",24",26,700c, whatever, and my balls are quite hairy.

brianTX

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Austin, TX
All about flow? For a park rider? Nope. Flow has d!ck to do with park... all about tricks. That's why Chase Hawk can't make park finals and Daniel Dhers wins, same with Mike Spinner.
Point taken, I'm sure he will win lots of comps. But I hear what these guys are saying... I'd rather watch a Chase Hawk video segment than the X-Games finals. I don't think that means I hate/envy the guys that win them. Its possible to have a preference without hating.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
he can't tailwhip a bigger bike, one of his close friends explained it to me at woodward. bars are chicagoed flat. he pedals through the trails too. not impressed
on a bike that small he HAS to pedal thru trails. i had a lil buddy rippin an 18 inch bmx and he had to, simply cuz the wheels dont roll as fast. and with a smaller bike like that, when you get to the top of the lip youre more vert coming off it, so you go higher, but not as far. part of the reason i overshoot more often than my bmx buddies

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Point taken, I'm sure he will win lots of comps. But I hear what these guys are saying... I'd rather watch a Chase Hawk video segment than the X-Games finals. I don't think that means I hate/envy the guys that win them. Its possible to have a preference without hating.
Chase Hawk vs. X Games riders at park equals failure in my opinion. Whips are easy... Quad t-whips aren't. I like progression. Plus, we are talking about a park rat...

And in no way am I bashing Chase. That kid is awesome, But a true park rider vs. him... well, in the trick department, he may come up a bit short.

Last edited:

Haitiracers

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Reading, PA
I wish it were as simple as ME getting on a 16" and tearing it up like that. Unfortunately my stature will not allow me to take the "easy" way.

Regardless, if I were 12 and could throw down on any size bike like that kid, you bet your a$$ I would be showing off like a mofo.

I agree that he isn't the flowiest kid in the world, but he's 12. 4 Years down the road and I bet none of us will be able to say he has no flow anymore.