Quantcast

There Is Dry Ground In Massachusetts...

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I went out to check some local trails after work today, as it has been nice and sunny 3 days in a row, and the Plummer's trails were suprisingly dry. :eek: I've been riding during the winter, but it felt really great to ride on dry ground and rocks instead of snow and ice. Certainly didn't need the Nokians, but I didn't want to waste daylight swaping them out. It was dark in the woods, so the pics are also. The forecast is calling for a monsoon saturday, so the trails will probably be crappy again, but I snuck in a much needed ride. :sneaky:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
splat said:
Cool Beans!!! May be next week we get an after work ride in.
Very possible if we get 2-3 warm, rain free days. That place must drain really well, the trails were in the conditions we usually see in October...dry and leaf covered.

There's always a road trip to the Cape and the TOT. :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
berkshire_rider said:
Very possible if we get 2-3 warm, rain free days. That place must drain really well, the trails were in the conditions we usually see in October...dry and leaf covered.

There's always a road trip to the Cape and the TOT. :D

the TOT?

interested in playing hooky from work May 20th (I am in cape cod that night thru Sunday)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sweet, I'd love to get out to Plumber's Crack again.

I got in about 40 minutes of road riding on my MTB tonight. There is a 1/2 mile hill in my neighborhood and I just kept going up and down it. Nothing too exciting, but it was enough to get my heart rate up and make my legs hurt.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
douglas said:
the TOT?

interested in playing hooky from work May 20th (I am in cape cod that night thru Sunday)
Not sure if I can take that day off, I allready have some scheduled time around Memorial weekend. But, it's light out late at the end of May. After work rides can happen. There's a number of places we can meet to ride between here and there.

TOT = Trail of Tears

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I'm not surprized it drains well, it has the river/canal right there to drain into and the ground is sooo much sand .
I was on the other side of 122 on the hill, and never made it down to that section. I thought the main trail in from the parking area might be muddy along the canal / river. :confused:

splat

Nam I am
berkshire_rider said:
I was on the other side of 122 on the hill, and never made it down to that section. I thought the main trail in from the parking area might be muddy along the canal / river. :confused:
O you were over there! I really want to learn that area , last time in there I got wicked lost ! but ther e was some great stuff in there . I'm Sure over by the satalite dishes is a quagmire.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Where in MA is this? We ride Great Brook during lunch most days. Have not been over there yet to check out the trails as they seem to take awhile to dry out. Strange we did 17 miles yesterday on road bikes as well in Westford.

splat

Nam I am
mogulskr said:
Where in MA is this? We ride Great Brook during lunch most days. Have not been over there yet to check out the trails as they seem to take awhile to dry out. Strange we did 17 miles yesterday on road bikes as well in Westford.

About 10 Miles west of I-495 and 10 Miles South of the Mass Pike

I also did 17 miles on the road Yesterday around Marlborough,Northboroug and Shrewsbury