Quantcast

There is such a thing as an automatic WRX?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
http://www.encandirect.com/public/en/c_index.html

dammit...

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX e-List number : e-57987
19,950 $

Year : 2002
Odometer : 72,258 Km
Engine : 2 liters, 4 cylinders
Transmission : Automatic
Exterior : Blue
Interior : Black (Cloth)
Doors : 4
Tire condition : Unknown
Stock number : S509403

Installed options
4x4 CD/Tape Radio
Air Conditioning Power windows
Power lock Power mirrors
Tilt steering Cruise control
ABS brakes Alloy wheels
Spoiler Siège chauffants

Warranty
Category :
C- 1 month / 1,700 km
Additionnal warranty :
Available

† Options and equipments could differ from description.
† The pictures may differ from vehicle.

©2002-2005 e-List Canada inc. (www.elistcanada.com)
All rights reserved | Terms of use

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Why the hell would you want an automatic WRX?!? Or an automatic transmission in anything for that matter...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Jeremy R said:
Yep, That car has more lag than Anna Nicole's brain.
Stay away.
note that the lag is quite acceptable in manual WRXs like mine :D

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. What's the big deal about turbo lag? I think it's kind of fun. My buddy's old Audi S6 had all sorts of lag. But when it spooled up....... :eek: :thumb:
Same thing: I had a 2nd gen supra back in high school/early college. That thing had stupid lag until the turbo kicked...damn it was fun getting that ragged out little car sideways. Cheap, fun my little sister ended up blowing up. I couldn't of imagined it w/ an auto.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
My mom has an automatic, and i hate driving it. Its always pushing on the car and its really just not fun to drive. It also has a turbo and with the automatic it sucks.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
jacksonpt said:
because an auto is easier to wheel without having to regear the diffs, tcase or add a crawler box.
d00d...you still have to regear. It's almost more necessary to regear an auto than a manual...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
rooftest said:
What's the piping in front of your intercooler? oil cooler?
nitrous sprayer for the intercooler :) . engaged on 85%-or-more throttle, or when i hit the solenoid by slyly opening an ashtray...

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Toshi said:
nitrous sprayer for the intercooler :) . engaged on 85%-or-more throttle, or when i hit the solenoid by slyly opening an ashtray...
Are you using it to cool the intercooler? We always talked about trying that back in the day - how does it work?

I figure spraying nitrous on the intercooler means it's not making it's way into the combustion chamber...

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Toshi said:
I like your euro horns. I have two myself on the deaert truck. Nice and loud, but few things are more effective than a good, solid nerfing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
rooftest said:
Are you using it to cool the intercooler? We always talked about trying that back in the day - how does it work?

I figure spraying nitrous on the intercooler means it's not making it's way into the combustion chamber...
yeah, nothing gets into the engine. it's all just to cool the intake charge indirectly by cooling the outside of the intercooler. it seems to work ok -- the IC feels cold after giving a little test spray here and there :D

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Toshi said:
yeah, nothing gets into the engine. it's all just to cool the intake charge indirectly by cooling the outside of the intercooler. it seems to work ok -- the IC feels cold after giving a little test spray here and there :D
We had popped around ideas of using freon (wouldn't have worked), but I'm glad someone's proved my theory.

Too bad Acura's don't hold up well to 12 pounds of boost - I don't think there are any more of them left...