Quantcast

There should be something better than just "positive feedback"

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So I won an ebay auction for a "brand new in box" 888 RC last week. The price was awesome but having done a few ebay transactions in my day, "brand new in box" doesn't always mean what it says.

So yesterday I get the thing. I eagerly open the box. Inside was a SWEET padded canvas Marzocchi 888 flight bag, with a brand new, shiny, protective tape still over the stickers, wrapped in packing plastic, fork.

Now this dude could have easily just sent me the fork and I would have been fat and happy. I think it's super cool that he gave me that flight bag. Especially since I travel with my bike a lot, and my bike box would not fit a DH bike with a fork.

Seriously, there needs to be something better than "positive" feedback. If you ever have a chance to win an auction from "goodbikedeals", jump on it. The dude is top notch. :thumb: :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
So I won an ebay auction for a "brand new in box" 888 RC last week. The price was awesome but having done a few ebay transactions in my day, "brand new in box" doesn't always mean what it says.

So yesterday I get the thing. I eagerly open the box. Inside was a SWEET padded canvas Marzocchi 888 flight bag, with a brand new, shiny, protective tape still over the stickers, wrapped in packing plastic, fork.

Now this dude could have easily just sent me the fork and I would have been fat and happy. I think it's super cool that he gave me that flight bag. Especially since I travel with my bike a lot, and my bike box would not fit a DH bike with a fork.

Seriously, there needs to be something better than "positive" feedback. If you ever have a chance to win an auction from "goodbikedeals", jump on it. The dude is top notch. :thumb: :thumb:
Yeah the worst part of positive feed back is everybody says the same thing.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
I hope this new DH bike isn't going to hurt your Old Pueblo training.;)
I figured I would start training in early February, which will give me about a weeks head start from last year.

J

JRB

Cool. Pics???

*this new fork should really soak up that driveway. :think:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i'm trying to fit in the feed back description whether it was a high ticket item and whether i was satisfied or not because 6 months down the road nobody can see if it was a 10cent item or a 2000dollar item.
I won a really nice gf sugar 293 and sold it - Brand New. I even delivered it to the guys house. He was like "Wow" it's like brand new and i was like, "yea that's what it said" and gave him all the manuals and shock pump two. he was a little jazzed. Of course it was a great deal for him at about a G off retail.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
MMcG, just stop. please just stop now.

Echo all the new 888 comes that way. but still amazing that you pretty much got the fork for wholesale. cheers!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Well it's a very unique USB cable which I think is specific to Fuji cameras. I looked at Target and Radio Shack and neither of them had it. If I'm gonna get one mailed to me I'll just have Deyv send it :p

J

JRB

Echo said:
Well it's a very unique USB cable which I think is specific to Fuji cameras. I looked at Target and Radio Shack and neither of them had it. If I'm gonna get one mailed to me I'll just have Deyv send it :p
Please have Deyv mail it then, and get some pics dammit.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
What's Deyv have to take pictures of anyway? I mean, he's only touring the world on a bike, there can't possibly be anything photo-worthy. :p

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
Well, here's a chance to really sing the guy's praises on the feedback form.
Yup. When I encounter a seller (or buyer) like that I try to word the feedback to really praise the person. "trustworthy" Always buy from this guy" stuff like that.

I agree though. Ebay should have five levels of feedback, I think.

Edit: Ahhhh! That's the guy who is always selling the new marz forks. I always wondered about him. I may buy a fork from him now.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
what kind of card does your camera take. i have a couple hardware piece that have options you could probably have.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
good, you better have it on the nicolai and ready to ride this weekend. so you can show me how "old fat guys go small". I think a creek gap / 8ft deck drop is in store for you this weekend. I on the other hand will settle for making it down the trails in one piece and inconspicuosly avoiding large stunts.