Quantcast

there would be no one left racing Downhill

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
if they tested all of them for pot etc:rofl:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/usada-all-athletes-subject-to-testing-in-and-out-of-competition

The United States Anti-doping Agency issued a somewhat surprising press release on Tuesday, stating that it had suspended an amateur racer after he tested positive out of competition. For many amateur American racers, the fact that they can be tested out-of-competition might come as a shock

USADA communications director Erin Hannan clarified to Cyclingnews that out-of-competition testing is not just for those who race at the professional level or volunteer to be part of the testing pool. "All those who are members of their sport’s governing body, regardless of their level, make a commitment to compete clean and are subject to both in-competition and out-of-competition testing," Hannan stated.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
When I started riding and racing in 1990 there was only one discipline, it was called mountain biking and it was a very relaxed affair. We camped out partied in front of a campfire, got up and raced on real mountain bike trails.

Now it's a glorified road race complete with goo packs, uni-tards and girlie man legs.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
When I started riding and racing in 1990 there was only one discipline, it was called mountain biking and it was a very relaxed affair. We camped out partied in front of a campfire, got up and raced on real mountain bike trails.

Now it's a glorified road race complete with goo packs, uni-tards and girlie man legs.
USA Cycling involvement in DH is one of the reasons i'm slowly backing away from the sport, well, racing anyway. i'll show up and support a local grass roots style race here and there but i'm tired of the bigger "must buy license" races, especially since there really is no such thing as a weekend warrior class anymore :rant:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
USA Cycling involvement in DH is one of the reasons i'm slowly backing away from the sport, well, racing anyway. i'll show up and support a local grass roots style race here and there but i'm tired of the bigger "must buy license" races, especially since there really is no such thing as a weekend warrior class anymore :rant:
I quit racing DH around the time NORBA sopped selling day license to experts. It didn't make sense to buy a year license just to do 1 or 2 races.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
*knock knock*
Me: "Uh, hi, can I help you with something?"
Them: "Sure, we're from USAC, can you pee in a cup for us?"
Me: "But it's the middle of February, I haven't raced in 6 months. And besides, I'm a cat3 downhiller..."
Them: "Too bad, we're testing anyone with a USAC license in the offseason and your number came up. Is that beer I smell on your breath?"

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I only liked being stoned if the trail was not too gnarly. Otherwise I puss out on everything. Plus how do you find a place to light up without being mobbed by the dope fiends?

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
We used to get tested after junior X races, but always right after, no one never knocked on anyones door...

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
I only liked being stoned if the trail was not too gnarly. Otherwise I puss out on everything. Plus how do you find a place to light up without being mobbed by the dope fiends?
and somehow it is considered a fear inhibitor and must be outlawed. makes you wonder if the people writing the law have ever smoked?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I used to be afraid to let my riding buddies know I smoke. They all found out one way or another and are 100% cool with it, and even say I ride harder when I do smoke. I have a lot of pain in my knees that I refuse to take perc before I ride. My Doctor prescribed it to me for when I ride and it's to unnatural.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I would figure "perc" and weed would just about have the same effect. Pretty much just make you feel "duh" while you're out riding. You'd just get more thirsty if you're smokin.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
I used to be afraid to let my riding buddies know I smoke. They all found out one way or another and are 100% cool with it, and even say I ride harder when I do smoke. I have a lot of pain in my knees that I refuse to take perc before I ride. My Doctor prescribed it to me for when I ride and it's to unnatural.
Especially when you're riding really hard the day before a race.