Quantcast

@#@ THERE@#@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fuckers are trying to kill me today. Two different intersections two to close for comfort near hits by red light runners and we are not talking the trying to beat the yellow runners. These were mid signal never even saw the red blow through the intersection assholes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I mean, one of the risks of investing in property for investment's sake is political risk - that the community in which you've invested decides your type of investment is no longer kosher.
Summit and Eagle Counties are lurching towards STR limitations, whether through not transferring licenses or outright bans/reductions in numbers.

Grand County is behind that curve, and not being in Winter Park or Fraser proper may serve me well when those winds come a-blowin'.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The people at the table next to me are talking about how bizarre these "sand pit, emergency truck run-offs you see all over the Rockies" are. I'm in fucking Idaho. These people are confused by truck run-offs. We had them in CA just going over El Cajon pass, let alone here. Have these people never left Kansas before? Or never left the Eastern plains area of Idaho?
You should witness how Florida drivers handle tight, twisty mountain roads in Western NC. They are great at driving fast on flat, straight roads, but freak the fuck out over anything that even remotely resembles a hill.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Judging by the wagging tail and licks Charcoal the lady's man puppy seems to care more for @Heidi than me...

#ImNotBitter

Rained holy buckets yesterday so I hope that helps fire containment.

Meanwhile on the internet water is wet..

#FuckYourFeelings...

“Part of me is annoyed that [locals] even care. Why are they special for just being born here? Because I've lived in so many different places, I don't feel like a Californian. That was just part of my life,” Craigie said. “I think I'm still navigating the best way to handle that conversation.”

The couple had already planned to move from SoMa to Bozeman when the pandemic hit, hoping to take advantage of the city’s proximity to outdoor activities and lower cost of living. While they love the city, they said the transition wasn’t ideal, since it was hard to meet people during the pandemic. They wish they’d bought a house right away, instead of signing a lease to rent. In Bozeman, the median sales price of a home has increased 25%, and just a few months ago, they put an offer on a house, only to be immediately outbid by a cash offer. They have now decided to just wait it out another year.

“There’s a ton of anti-California sentiment in the area, especially from the all-cash buyers coming in...I do feel awful that if I do buy a home I’m taking it from like a teacher or a firefighter and some people can’t afford to live here anymore,” Craigie said. “I feel like I'm contributing to the problem, but I kind of felt that way in San Francisco too.”
I hear this shit from native Coloradans as well. But they are real quick to say they are selling their homes and moving out of state because they have so much equity. I've called a few people on it, those that are particularly dicks about it. Most just shut the fuck up when they realize that their houses were worth half as much 5-7 years ago and they never could have retired, since they are almost entirely reliant on selling their homes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I hear this shit from native Coloradans as well. But they are real quick to say they are selling their homes and moving out of state because they have so much equity. I've called a few people on it, those that are particularly dicks about it. Most just shut the fuck up when they realize that their houses were worth half as much 5-7 years ago and they never could have retired, since they are almost entirely reliant on selling their homes.
And they're moving to Montana. :homer:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
(explosion sounds)
Yep, pretty much. Didn't even go a mile, bike is back on the car and I'm headed home.

Chain is jumping on the smallest 4 or 5 cogs. Was fine in the bike stand last night.

So either this cassette is worn, even though the old chain wasn't fully clapped out or there is something up with the chain meshing on the cassette (duh).

I hate bikes sometimes. Will go home and compare length of this and the old chain..

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yep, pretty much. Didn't even go a mile, bike is back on the car and I'm headed home.

Chain is jumping on the smallest 4 or 5 cogs. Was fine in the bike stand last night.

So either this cassette is worn, even though the old chain wasn't fully clapped out or there is something up with the chain meshing on the cassette (duh).

I hate bikes sometimes. Will go home and compare length of this and the old chain..

SRAM 12 speed stuff is extremely sensitive to chain length. Also check to make sure something isn't loose in the hub, had similar gears jumping when the bearing pre-load came loose on a hub, there was probably less than 1mm of play, but it caused havoc.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We are ‘zoned’ for all sorts of apartments…but the cost of the land and actually building them these days means $2k to $3k a month apartments on the low end.
it’s just reality.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We are ‘zoned’ for all sorts of apartments…but the cost of the land and actually building them these days means $2k to $3k a month apartments on the low end.
it’s just reality.
So build taller to make more use of the land. Improve the bus system to make the county-hopping commute easier.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So build taller to make more use of the land. Improve the bus system to make the county-hopping commute easier.
Our free bus system in town/Teton Village is amazing, and there is quite a bit of building up currently, four five and six floors. Regional buses operate at a significant loss, but that is what the proposed real estate transfer taxes address. (On houses over 2 million)

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
waiting for the first high rise in jackson....
what do you think about the one on top of beech? have you ever been inside? it's so awful/cheap...was talking about it with someone the other day and we were speculating that it'll be bought out/razed in the next decade

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
what do you think about the one on top of beech? have you ever been inside? it's so awful/cheap...was talking about it with someone the other day and we were speculating that it'll be bought out/razed in the next decade
you would have to tell me where that is...even after 16 years of living in nc.....i think i have been out to western nc twice.....i think highlands...used to love driving to boone when it was just two lanes....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
you would have to tell me where that is...even after 16 years of living in nc.....i think i have been out to western nc twice.....i think highlands...used to love driving to boone when it was just two lanes....
but why??? there's so much good stuff right here...here's the violator in question. i typed beech when i meant sugar...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
from teh bookface

That'd be I-70 coming up from Silverthorne towards the tunnels. That's fairly nuts.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
from teh bookface

That'd be I-70 coming up from Silverthorne towards the tunnels. That's fairly nuts.
They had it closed for a bunch of time.

Not sure I-70 through Glenwood Canyon is ever going to be open for an extended period any time this decade...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey, at least you guys are getting sorely needed rain. We are too, it’s a relief.
A couple of weeks ago our neighborhood paid a few thousand for our roads to be graded, then they were supposed to be paved shortly afterwards.

The company can't get the asphalt locally and can only truck it in from Cheyenne, now these storms will have effed up the freshly graded roads.

I don't think it could be raining harder than it is right now...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
A couple of weeks ago our neighborhood paid a few thousand for our roads to be graded, then they were supposed to be paved shortly afterwards.

The company can't get the asphalt locally and can only truck it in from Cheyenne, now these storms will have effed up the freshly graded roads.

I don't think it could be raining harder than it is right now...
That's the shit that just pasted us... :panic:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Just had a great ride. The flow was with me. Came so close to my PB for top-to-bottom at Polhill but ran into some slow guy at the very end. Amazing I got so far without others on a lovely blue sky Saturday; for the most part my luck was in, I passed four or five people who were stopped and out the way on various intersections or whatever. 4 seconds off in 8 and a bit minutes, damn it! All good though, was a blast anyway. :D

Now it is beer o’clock!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
SRAM 12 speed stuff is extremely sensitive to chain length. Also check to make sure something isn't loose in the hub, had similar gears jumping when the bearing pre-load came loose on a hub, there was probably less than 1mm of play, but it caused havoc.
Ughhhh it must be the cassette being worn. I came home and put the old chain on, didn't touch anything else; no skipping.

Fuck me. This cassette has lasted a year and even though it's "just" a GX one, they still aren't inexpensive.

One other thing not helping is the derailluer is floppy like a wet noodle. All the pivots are wobbly and the main bolt, while tight, still exhibits lot of play.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's the shit that just pasted us... :panic:
Came through here, too. Super loud lightning. Knocked out power for a few minutes but that came back thankfully (as I'm still working until 10 PM). Wife said there was much flooding on the roads.

I'm going to head out in the Land Cruiser to find some puddles once my shift is done. :D

Edit: rain has stopped. Fun is over in terms of puddles to drive through

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just had a great ride. The flow was with me. Came so close to my PB for top-to-bottom at Polhill but ran into some slow guy at the very end. Amazing I got so far without others on a lovely blue sky Saturday; for the most part my luck was in, I passed four or five people who were stopped and out the way on various intersections or whatever. 4 seconds off in 8 and a bit minutes, damn it! All good though, was a blast anyway. :D

Now it is beer o’clock!
on a bike or ebike?