Quantcast

There's snow in them thar hills.....

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Skookum as an ex-mountain guide and ski mountaineer I would like to invite you to learn the path of gravity. You need to learn to two plank dude. It's as cool as mountain biking and with touring gear you can make it as epic as you want to get.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Skookum said:
So long 2005 alpine epic mountain XC riding.:(

Time to get muddy now.:heart:
You can always come out to sunny Southern California. It is sunny and 89 degrees in my neck of the woods today. Too bad it's dark by 5:30...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
FatalExposure said:
Skookum as an ex-mountain guide and ski mountaineer I would like to invite you to learn the path of gravity. You need to learn to two plank dude. It's as cool as mountain biking and with touring gear you can make it as epic as you want to get.
haha thank you no.... i learned myself in a day to ski (or a very odd semblance thereof), it's a humiliating story and i'm still mentally scarred.:dead:

i did make it down that day without crashing, so i suceeded in my mission, and i happily retired after that.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Skookum said:
haha thank you no.... i learned myself in a day to ski (or a very odd semblance thereof), it's a humiliating story and i'm still mentally scarred.:dead:

i did make it down that day without crashing, so i suceeded in my mission, and i happily retired after that.
Hahaha

I ran down the side of Whistler....well ran, slipped, slid, ran, slipped, slid, ran....etc. down Whislter from the top with my buddies holding my skis. I was usign the ski poles as rudders keeping my feet pionted into whatever I was going to hit. The sun was setting and I had enough of falling...so I told me buddy "I can run down this mountain faster" and handed him my skis. :D

That is the short story...... The longer onw involves falling much and drinking hot whine at the base of the gondola most of the day...:o:

It if aint got some sort of handle bars and brakes I probably can't do it. ~ RhinofromWA

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I drove from mukilteo, to seatac, and over the pass to yakima, starting at 3am this morning and it rained the whole damn time. And on top of the pass on I-90 around 5 or so it was snowing pretty hard. There wasnt anything on the ground, but it was coming down. I had to pull over and get out, throw my arms up and thank the snow gods for bringing us some white stuff. I cant wait till white pass on 12 opens up for shreddin

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
crystal opens friday, blackcomb opens saturday, and baker is probably opening next tues (unless they get it together in record time, for the weekend, fingers crossed!) Sorry bikes, i'll put you away in good condition, but i have some redemption to take care of at baker for a while :devil:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
RhinofromWA said:
Hahaha

I ran down the side of Whistler....well ran, slipped, slid, ran, slipped, slid, ran....etc. down Whislter from the top with my buddies holding my skis. I was usign the ski poles as rudders keeping my feet pionted into whatever I was going to hit. The sun was setting and I had enough of falling...so I told me buddy "I can run down this mountain faster" and handed him my skis. :D

That is the short story...... The longer onw involves falling much and drinking hot whine at the base of the gondola most of the day...:o:

It if aint got some sort of handle bars and brakes I probably can't do it. ~ RhinofromWA
I have a feeling I will be the same way. I did the same snow boarding so I am trying skiing this year. Hope it is more fun.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I saw the crustal news. Pretty cool. Guess all those people will pack down the base some, and expose all the rocks.... I bet they only give like 5 bucks off too for early season. Im hoping my pass to the scummit pays off....

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
I couldn't figure out why so many snowboards and skis started coming in all at once yesterday until I got home from the shop. Who said the weather guy stinks? I've got so many wax jobs to do this morning (don't go there Oly or Snacks you know what I mean. You too Evilbob.):D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Lumberjack said:
I couldn't figure out why so many snowboards and skis started coming in all at once yesterday until I got home from the shop. Who said the weather guy stinks? I've got so many wax jobs to do this morning (don't go there Oly or Snacks you know what I mean. You too Evilbob.):D
Hummm, wax jobs:devil: Can I sent Kevin up for one on his back:nope:

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
I had a funny feeling about that post after I went to the shop:o: Snacks you have started my day out with some wierd visuals from Hitch and Duce Bigalo.

LMO

Chimp
Sep 1, 2005
Redmond, WA
oly said:
Crystal opens friday? What crack smoking source of info did you get that from?
From the Crystal Mt. website.

Winter weather is here. Crystal will open Friday, November 4th, 2005! Lifts will run daily from 9am-4pm. On Friday the Chinook Express, Rainier Express and Green Valley lifts will be open providing skiing/boarding access to Green Valley and Lucky Shot. Starting Saturday, we will also open Forest Queen around 10am and the Discovery lift for beginners. The Rental Shop, Right Angle Sport Shop, Summit House Restaurant, Cascade Grill and Bullwheel Bar will all be open starting Friday. The Ski & Snowboard School will open starting Saturday for beginners and privates only.

http://www.skicrystal.com/1649.html

:eviltongu

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It friggin snowed for my ride into work this morning! Good stuff is happening up at Mt. Bachelor. WOOT WOOT!

Jun 18, 2004
dAMN... i have this stevens mid wk Pass... I get exrayed on monday, dr is supposed to give me a return to work slip for Tues night... most likely I won't be able to get the return to work slip to the rite Port Engineer for tues night... stevens opens on Wed... I could ride all day wed and work wed night... damn Im playing with fire; sunday it will be 4 weeks ago that I broke my collar bone... but the snow is so soft compared to Hornet at Whistler... damn! must get these thoughts out of my head...

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Fast&Smooth said:
i just got an e-mail from snoqualmie from a question i asked friguring they would respond when they were open.

so maybe they are next?
Snoqualmie next.... if the rocks stop sliding onto 90!!!!