Quantcast

THE's Eliminator rim...interesting

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This is a rework of a previous design, and it doesn't look that reworked. From all accounts, the last ones sucked.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
These rims are HEAVY as sin but at least you won't flat right?!

I'd still prefer a regualr or even tubeless DH tire....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah, it looks pretty ghey to me.

"Oooh you can run light tyres and tubes."

I run light tyres and tubes anyway, and I hardly ever get pinch flats (I can't remember the last time I actually got one) because I know how to inflate my tyres properly - not too soft, not too hard. I get the added bonus of running lighter rims too!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
blue said:
Is it me, or has THE not produced a single decent product in the past 5 years?
I have a pretty cool THE stem... It's nothing revolutionary or groundbreaking though, just a 4 bolt steel 50mm 0° rise...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Their DJ seat is decent too, but those rims look like they suck balls. I run XC tubes and DH tires w/ regular rims. If I went with those rims, I'd still want DH tires so I'd have no advantage as I hardly ever pinch.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
5 years ago i got the wonderfull fun of building one of them fun wheels, Biggest pain in the Ass there is, Then once your wheel is built, Try putting your tire on, Good concept in teh Lab, terrible in the feild. Findign a tube with a Valve stem long enough was teh hardest part, And it also seemed that it really reduced tire defelction in turns, redusing your cornering traction.

I dig THE fenders, i Dig there stems, just not this wheel

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Serioulsy has THE EVER made anything worthwhile? Remember those THE forks? (Kowa? Showa? Blowa? I forget who really made them)..... but they sold for like 15 eleventy billion dollars, and they sucked large amounts feces....

If I actually rode a bike, I would stay far away from THE stuff....