Quantcast

These ads with noise are driving me nuts!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm all for ads and this being a free site but....... do those papratzi ads and the one with the bee flying around annoy anyone else? I open a bunch of tabs of different threads to go through them, and then all of the sudden, over my music I hear this camera clicking, or a bee buzzing. WTF? is it possible to turn off that sound? I right clicked on it, and there is no option in Flash to turn them off.........

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Got your head in the sand? There's been at least a half dozen threads about this in the past week or two...

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
or one thread. search the end of the work safe thread. keep your head wherever you feel like it

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I just refresh the page (F5) when I hear those clicking noises. I seem to get a new, non noise making ad. on the next page load.

it's a simply solution that works for me. a minor, minor inconveinece for using RM.

*duck, here come the spelling police.....:nuts:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I listen to music. why would I want to turn my speakers off? just refresh the page.....or use a different browser.

J

JRB

mack said:
Ive never seen any ads on ridemonkey :think: There is just one at the top of the page and thats it.
And some of them make noise, mack.