Quantcast

These People Need to be Smashed!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Yeah, guys like Enzo Ferrari, Ferdinand Porsche, Harley-Davidson, Henry Ford, Mickey Thompson..... are IDIOTS for using their name. How dare they take enough pride in their products to forever associate themselves with their creations.

If they were smart they would have staked their success on the ideas of some cube jockey in the creative department. Those guys know everything.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
stinkyboy said:
People who start a company and lack the creativity and/or have such a large ego that they need to have their names on their products:

http://www.bicycleframes.com/

Tommy Hilflinger, Gary Fisher, Calvin Klein, and yes, even Chris King.

:mumble:
Maybe the have the balls to stand behind their product with their own name and reputation right out front. You know, like those toolboxes Tom Ritchey and Richard Sachs...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Why do you people reply to Stinkyboy... you just encourage him to post more useless idiotic crap like this.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Carrol Shelby, the Daimler-Benz guys...

and dont forget the best one,

Smith and Wesson ;)

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
riderx said:
Maybe the have the balls to stand behind their product with their own name and reputation right out front. You know, like those toolboxes Tom Ritchey and Richard Sachs...
It's fugging ego ya morons. I saw TOMMY interviewed, and he was almost masterbating walking down the street looking at his name on people's clothes. It has nothing to do with having balls, but most of you wouldn't understand...

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
stinkyboy said:
It's fugging ego ya morons. I saw TOMMY interviewed, and he was almost masterbating walking down the street looking at his name on people's clothes. It has nothing to do with having balls, but most of you wouldn't understand...
I'm talking bikes, not fashion dillweed. You original link was to a frame builder, wasn't it? Speaking of balls, where are yours? You were the one watching a TOMMY interview, not me! :nuts:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Read carefully: People who start a company and lack the creativity and/or have such a large ego that they need to have their names on their products.

I don't care what biz they're in...

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
stinkyboy said:
Read carefully: People who start a company and lack the creativity and/or have such a large ego that they need to have their names on their products.

I don't care what biz they're in...
BTW, nice Klein ya hypocrit! :blah: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
stinkyboy said:
I don't agree with the self named company, but where did I call for a boycott dingus? Just a smashing.
I didn't think it was possible for your original rant to look any weaker, but you just proved me wrong :thumb:

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
stinkyboy said:
So, instead of answering a question, it's jr. high witticisms?
You really need the question answered for you? Wow.

OK, here goes: Nowhere did you use the word "boycott" in your post, but most people with half a brain would interpret your wish for the people you mention to be "smashed" to include not supporting their ego pumping by wearing and being a walking advertisement for their products.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
stinkyboy said:
Wow, why do you have that bookmarked?
There is this lovely invention called a search engine. Several companies have invested a lot of money in them... they work by entering words of what you are looking for and they list the results.

For example - using one called "google" , i put in a phrase: "Ding Fries are Done" and it showed me several differen websites that were hosting it.

Welcome to the wondeful world of the internet...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
the way I look at it... unless I am 100% sure about the quality of the item I would not put my name on it. So I dont think its a bad thing

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
stinkyboy said:
And I'm wearing Abercrombie shorts. I don't agree with the self named company, but where did I call for a boycott dingus? Just a smashing.
BTW, did you know the original Abercrombie and Fitch, a NY sporting goods store, no longer exists? It is now a brand under The Limited.

The whole logic of Ego and Self-Named businesses is an odd opinion for a cyclist. From Campagnolo to Marzocchi, there are a thousand cycling companies named after an individual.

Unless you are f*cking with us...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
hooples3 said:
the way I look at it... unless I am 100% sure about the quality of the item I would not put my name on it. So I dont think its a bad thing
Interesting, I like to think that if sold something, I would be sure about the quality. :think: