Quantcast

They Let Me In Saturday

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
OMFG, they let me in, and shouldn't have. Took three dudes standing around scratching their heads. The the supervisor showed up and said " you are very lucky today, sir, as I love Vermont"
He was a seasonal worker/ snowboarder there. My jaw dropped. But we were only four days out of compliance, and they were all pretty chill.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
OMFG, they let me in, and shouldn't have. Took three dudes standing around scratching their heads. The the supervisor showed up and said " you are very lucky today, sir, as I love Vermont"
He was a seasonal worker there. My floor dropped. But we were only four days out of compliance, and they were all pretty chill.

I assume they folded under the tragic weight of your unimaginable human suffering. If all else failed you could have told them it was 12 hours since you last had access to a Starbucks, their hearts would have melted like an artisanal goat cheese on a toasted brioche bun.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If you only knew the gravity of the situation (as far as travel woes go of course, I made that clear in my first post yesterday). Turns out the dip shit that rescheduled my flight yesterday also cancelled all records of my return flight. So basically I got into the country with wholly inadequate/fudged COVID documentation, an out of date passport, and absolutely no return ticket. I wouldn't have let me in.
Should have been a $3000 series of errors, only one if them being ours.
'second world problems'

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Next thing you know you'll be served the lobster when you clearly ordered the steak. I pray you have the strength to overcome.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

doing call from home

not supposed to be doing it from home, but what are they going to do realistically, now that we are(/will be come June) short staffed once again

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
looks oddly proportioned in any color

saw a rig yesterday that you'd appreciate: new looking Newmar coach. Tandem rear axles, gaudy black and red paint. I think it was a Dutch Star. Anyway, it was flat-towing a Gladiator as a toad. Gladiator had some similarly gaudy bodywork and looked like it was on 37"s.

I shudder to think what the dude's debt to income ratio must look like

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Looks like a minivan with the back roof cut off with mud tires. You should just get a minivan and stop pretending. I mean, how much heavy duty off roading are you going to encounter while buying groceries and drone parts ?

Cant carry the motos in a minivan now can we....

It basically came down to a F150 or a gladiator, I chose the gladiator for the wheeling abilities instead of the grandpa comfort of the ford. Not to mention that a spec'd out ford starts at 80k

looks oddly proportioned in any color

saw a rig yesterday that you'd appreciate: new looking Newmar coach. Tandem rear axles, gaudy black and red paint. I think it was a Dutch Star. Anyway, it was flat-towing a Gladiator as a toad. Gladiator had some similarly gaudy bodywork and looked like it was on 37"s.

I shudder to think what the dude's debt to income ratio must look like
They look lame without a lift and decent tires for sure

The graphics designs on coaches these days are still so outdated it makes me cringe the more bold they get. reminiscent of the 90's tribal tattoo phase, but its a whole other level of gross when you wrap/paint the toad to match. Considering my coach/motos are paid for I am only going to borrow 20k on the jeep to push my credit score along I have no need to buy anything else.

Ironically the only major checkbox I had for buying my present coach was it was a pre emissions Cummins. When I took it in for chassis service earlier this year there were 4 other newer coaches in the parking lot getting brand new engine block replacements due to EGR/DPF failures out of warranty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Short ride with Haley yesterday and quick visit to see @Nick. Winter tires off today, maybe a quick kart shot with Haley, then rest of the day with Hannah and Wifey since Haley has a sleepover that starts at 2pm.

Following up on @Pesqueeb, rear lawn is getting saturated so the grass grows quickly and dense. I hate watering grass, but that's my barrier to the open space until I can xeriscape it. That shit needs to stay live and resistant.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley leveled the adults. Again. Lots of people coming over asking why she's so good. Uh... Practice. She can't catch, throw, or kick a ball. But she can carry speed and pass people.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Did an 11km hike with the family today. Chosen partly to scope out the state of the trails. They are in mint condition. No mud, and all debris has been cleared off. May ride them tomorrow. Though technically were not supposed to ride them till May 15th...

Oddly, I am the one that's most tuckered out now... I guess my fitness faded a lot more than expected.