Quantcast

Thievery Corporation..

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Got the new Thievery Corporation CD "Cosmic Game"

16 tracks of good beats with real instruments.

The flaming lips are on the frist track, its an excellent cd.
Anyone else listen to them?

Andrew

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
I not sure to be truthful... I got a promo copy from a friend a couple nights ago...
But definatley go out and seek it.

Do you listen to any Mr Scruff?

ANdrew

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
:stupid: ditto.

You guys should check out The Album Leaf. It's one guy mixing the most amazing beats and sounds. Truly amazing.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
=[Stinky]= said:
Got the new Thievery Corporation CD "Cosmic Game"

16 tracks of good beats with real instruments.

The flaming lips are on the frist track, its an excellent cd.
Anyone else listen to them?

Andrew

Yup they're pretty good, I have the albums, The Richest Man In Babylon, Sounds from the Theivery Hi-Fi, and Babylon Rewound. How does this new one compair? I don;t know much about them......

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
=[Stinky]= said:
I not sure to be truthful... I got a promo copy from a friend a couple nights ago...
But definatley go out and seek it.

Do you listen to any Mr Scruff?

ANdrew
I listen to Mr, Scruff, been to one of his concerts....good stuff I must say.....

How bout...Kid Koala, Amon Tobin, Bonobo, Sixtoo, Roots Manuva, Blockhead, Diplo, the Streets?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Also anyone listen to trance??? Like armin van Burren, Nikki Harding, Adam White so many good ones to lists but those are my faves today.....

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
the album leaf was on the OC.... thats too bad. good music. the album leaf's tour ends the stop before boulder. damn.

i think i've had this new theivery corp album since december? bored + college = advance copies of music all the time. i think i have beck, jack johnson, decemberists and queens of the stoneage advacnes right now. im so unethical.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
JMAC- Very cool album. Like I said, The Flaming Lips are on the first track with, and there are other various artists on ther songs.
tack list-

1. Marching the Hate Machines (Into the Sun) featuring the Flaming Lips
2. Warning Shots featuring Sleepy Wonder and Gunjan
3. The Revolution Solution featuring Perry Farrell
4. The Cosmic Gate
5. Satyam Shivam Sundaram featuring Gunjan
6. Amerimacka featuring Notch
7. Ambicion Eterna (Eternal Ambition) featuring Verny Varela
8. Pela Janela (Through the Window) featuring Gigi Rezende
9. Sol Tapado featuring Patrick de Santos
10. The Heart's a Lonely Hunter featuring David Byrne
11. Holographic Universe
12. Doors of Perception featuring Gunjan
13. Wires and Watchtowers featuring Sista Pat
14. The Supreme Illusion featuring Gunjan
15. The Time We Lost Out Way featuring Loulou
16. A Gentle Dissolve

... It stacks up well to the other... There is some cool jungle beats, some fast breaks, just the right ammount of random Sitar, a little bit of dub, great bass. Plus the chick sings a few in french.

Nep on the trance... I like beats and triphop mostly.. Dj Shadow, Dj Food, Dj crush....

knhoffla

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
D.C.
I saw that benefit concert too. Didn't know that there to many Freeriders in DC. Going to Diablo or Snowshoe anytime soon?? Good urban riding in DC-

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
knhoffla said:
I saw that benefit concert too. Didn't know that there to many Freeriders in DC. Going to Diablo or Snowshoe anytime soon?? Good urban riding in DC-
Me three...I was at Thievery Corp.'s 930 benefit show too. I thought it was great that they set up their turntable stage right in the middle of the floor. If I remember correctly they opened with Revolution Solution and every time I hear that track now it takes me back to that show. The opening act, Brazilian Girls, was awesome as well. I only wished that Thievery Corporation would have incorporated some live music along with their set but all in all, an excellent show. :thumb: It'd be cool to catch them at the 18th St. Lounge sometime.

As for freeriders in the DC area...alot of the regulars on the VA and surrounding areas forum fit that description more or less. Most of us should be at the US Open at Diablo and Snowshoe throughout the season.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
=[Stinky]= said:
JMAC- Very cool album. Like I said, The Flaming Lips are on the first track with, and there are other various artists on ther songs.
tack list-

1. Marching the Hate Machines (Into the Sun) featuring the Flaming Lips
2. Warning Shots featuring Sleepy Wonder and Gunjan
3. The Revolution Solution featuring Perry Farrell
4. The Cosmic Gate
5. Satyam Shivam Sundaram featuring Gunjan
6. Amerimacka featuring Notch
7. Ambicion Eterna (Eternal Ambition) featuring Verny Varela
8. Pela Janela (Through the Window) featuring Gigi Rezende
9. Sol Tapado featuring Patrick de Santos
10. The Heart's a Lonely Hunter featuring David Byrne
11. Holographic Universe
12. Doors of Perception featuring Gunjan
13. Wires and Watchtowers featuring Sista Pat
14. The Supreme Illusion featuring Gunjan
15. The Time We Lost Out Way featuring Loulou
16. A Gentle Dissolve

... It stacks up well to the other... There is some cool jungle beats, some fast breaks, just the right ammount of random Sitar, a little bit of dub, great bass. Plus the chick sings a few in french.

Nep on the trance... I like beats and triphop mostly.. Dj Shadow, Dj Food, Dj crush....

*Sigh* there goes more money....(going to buy new album...)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
JMAC said:
*Sigh* there goes more money....(going to buy new album...)

I hear ya, every time i go to the music store i go nuts, last time i dropped 70 dollars on new CD's. :blah:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
mack said:
I hear ya, every time i go to the music store i go nuts, last time i dropped 70 dollars on new CD's. :blah:
It's terrible it's like a drug :rolleyes: it's a personal batle to keep myself out of music stores. Luckly I get all my trance music free :think: it helps :(

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
What is trance music? Is it like a sub genre of industrial, stuff kinda like NIN? I need to start to learn the genres, it is getting me into trouble more and more often.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
mack said:
What is trance music? Is it like a sub genre of industrial, stuff kinda like NIN? I need to start to learn the genres, it is getting me into trouble more and more often.
Well trance is a genre of electronic, it's often wrongly refered to as techno. It's not techno though. Basically it's electronic, kinda of dance music but usaully what is played at afterhours clubs where there's alot of ppl on X and acid. It's pretty crazy stuff can actaully put me in a trance I love it, but alot of people hate it, most of it's from europe, netherland and germany mainly. Tiesto "worlds #1 dj" he's a trance dj a bad one imo. There's alot better than him but it's that style. :think:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
If you're at all interrested in dling some good trance....
http://www.ets-global.org/index.asp you need bittorent but it's all free.

Anything from Armin Van Buuren is awesome, and there's something from Adam White on there. I love it all but I'd look at them first.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Yeah, it says i need bit-torrent. What is that? Is it like a sharing system? I have got high speed.

The only techno i have would be Paul Okenfeld and moby *sigh*

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
mack said:
Yeah, it says i need bit-torrent. What is that? Is it like a sharing system? I have got high speed.

The only techno i have would be Paul Okenfeld and moby *sigh*
Okaenfold is basically very ****ty trance, if you like him you should love these guys. Moby has some awesome stuff lol don't diss him. Yeah bittorent is some weird sharing thing uploads while you download, somehow makes it download ultra fast. I;m no computor expert but it's safe and it works.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Bit torrents are file sharing ftp programs.

Its good see you monkeys dig some good music...
I saw Thievery on the Richest Man In Babylon tour at Club Elevenfifty. AWESOME SHOW Hahah a stage with like 10 people, full of instruments. it was great. I cant wait untill they comeback.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Damn, i found the bitttorrent homepage and it lists sights of where to download it but none of them offer it, at least that i can find.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
mack said:
I have moby "play". Do i have to buy bit torent, wheres a good IP to download it at?
Hrmmm not sure where I dl'ed it from...."play" is a good album, voodoo child is his newest one it's different than any of his other stuff, underground electronic I guess you call it. Takes some getting used to but has some cool tunes, I have basically all his albums they're all pretty good.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
I don't know much about Thievery Corporation, but did just run across this:

"Very sad news: our dear friend, Pam Bricker passed away on Sunday. Pam was an accomplished jazz musician and sang for many years with Thievery Corporation."

http://pambricker.com/

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Barbaton said:
I don't know much about Thievery Corporation, but did just run across this:

"Very sad news: our dear friend, Pam Bricker passed away on Sunday. Pam was an accomplished jazz musician and sang for many years with Thievery Corporation."

http://pambricker.com/

Woah, that sucks...