Quantcast

things @kidwoo likes thread

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Let me see if I can mine an archive. That was an instagram post from trailclones?

The jones family is exactly that. Rich fucks from new england who's chosen children went west to be snow industry stars. Two of the brothers moved to jackson, bought a fucking helicopter (yes really) and started tetongravityresearch

Jeremy moved out here with a good friend of mine, both chasing pro snowboarding. Obviously that worked, my friend owns a bike shop now, JJ still does what he does.

We'd cross paths every once in a while, especially when he started splitboarding (10-12 years after a lot of us had already been using the things). I gave him aride back to tahoe from some mountains down south and talked to him at length about what at that point was his new startup idea. Friends of mine were running cameras for Deeper, and I even appear in the credits for Further. I and every other real backcountry skier and snowboarder here were telling him the same thing: that's great what you envision for POW but don't shit where you eat. You made a career flying around in helicopters and airplanes, but we don't get to do that. We use snowmobiles because that's how we get to remote places like you do. We're glad you're just now discovering this idea of vast 'wilderness' areas, but don't become a zealot making them harder for everyone to get to. He told everyone under no uncertain terms was he going to be that kind of hypocrite

Filming for further, some of the local stuff was 100% snowmobile supported. Like bringing up people, food, cameras back and forth, all filming a segment that made it look like the motherfucker hiked out to somewhere he didn't. A lot of us had been in the BC around here way longer than he had, yet everytime they went out, it was the POW superstar show. It was absolutely no different than the wasteful energy shit he was telling everyone they were departing from. I (along with several others) was so annoyed by it, I just finished submitting the scenics I was obgligated for and just kind of broke off contact.

Further comes out, is what it is, and then the footage they bought from me shows up in this piece of shit. My name is in the credits.
You can guess my feelings on it

That's the fucking wilderness society. Having sat in hour and hours of meeting with the lawyers from that shithole organization, I can assure it's again, just another grouping of rich assholes who have grand ideas about how the poors should act to please them, in places they'll never go.

Then he does that Roadless flick, which if you know land use, Roadless designations are a way to make and area effectively wilderness without going through the process of congress designating it as such. He's personally submitted form letters from wilderness society-esque groups to the forest service here pushing for more closures.....in places he's never set foot on in winter. I know because I FOIA'ed them.

Needless to say there are a lot of people here who aren't too fond of the way his POW shit has progressed. It's one thing if you're just a zealot who practices what you preach. He ain't it.

They've got another flick with amy ingerbritsen that just came out. Another rich kid, there's even a line at Palisdades named after her daddy. More self absorbed nonsense about how pow athletes do all of the above, but then just goes full 'just don't feel guilty about it, you didn't create this system'. I ran into that crew filming too. They begged me to do an on screen speech after I gave them an earful in the parking lot. Gave them my contact info......zero follow up of course.

Again....a little too much focus on sleds IMO. A million cars (sometimes literally) drive up here every winter weekend. There aren't enough sleds on the west coast that can touch that kind of output.

Cody Townsend who EVERYONE here with a sled runs into all the time with him and his wife on their own, submitted a movie for a fundraiser, funding a group that does nothing else but sue the forest service to close lands sleds. He's literally taking access away from a friend of ours who lives two doors down from him. I called him out on his instagram a few years ago and he emailed me saying we should talk. I said absolutely, I wanted to show him some specifics of what he was unknowingly help fund. Fucking flake just never responded to my emails.

So yeah. Shitting where you eat in order to appeal to people who aren't your neighbors is kind of thing with these people. cOnsErVaTiOn goes hand in with public land closures and these dumb dumbs certainly aren't smart enough to separate the two. They'll even lose their own access because they're too stupid and lazy to know the details of what they're actually advocating for. Doesn't matter though, they just get to fly somewhere else. In the meantime I've spent the last 5 years of my life trying to maintain some of the access that they also use, and stand to lose. You can guess how much help we get from these image whores. Not all of us get to spend all winter just chasing wherever the snow is good.

I'm not the only one sick of it.
I'm just sad that they never followed through with the kidwoo cameo.