Quantcast

things @kidwoo likes thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It quit snowing a few hours ago. I was wondering what the holdup was. Should have known.

Gimme a link to that. That has particular value to my interests.

SEE @jstuhlman !!!????

I'm capable of joy.
I assume they were some bros from the Bay Area heading to your place for dinner. No details beyond that post.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
it said that no tow trucks are available, not that they couldn't move them.

also, what about multiple snowmobiles?
Tow trucks were widely available, those aren't the only cars stuck. The problem is you need a wheel lift to get them on a flatbed because the wheels don't unlock.

Tow companies actually put out notices before storms here about those damn things now. There's nothing unique or inherently subpar about teslas in snow if they're AWD, you just can't move them when the dipshit driver drives like a tesla driver.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I like how they pretend it's a week earlier than it really is

it's willing to sacrifice a week of sales during one of the busiest retail shopping periods of the year.

They ain't sacrificing shit since 90% of their sales have fuck all to do with that pretty little storefront in california.

I know you're a fan of the french imperialist but mark my words, you will lose trails in teton county thanks to patagonia bux. You've already lost the potential for so much....

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
actually, sounds like the FS is working on some really, really big new trail projects, such as possible single track going from Phillips Canyon to Teton Village. If anything, we will get more, as the private money is flowing in from the pro-mtb groups more than any other.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
actually, sounds like the FS is working on some really, really big new trail projects, such as possible single track going from Phillips Canyon to Teton Village. If anything, we will get more, as the private money is flowing in from the pro-mtb groups more than any other.
I really hope you enjoy a minor expansion of the one single ridge you can ride mountainbikes on in that entire damn valley.

congratulations

Is the point where I indicate the number of places around that basin where an mtb legal trail will never be allowed to exist? Not to mention the palisades bullshit going on right now that expands those no go zones?

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
@kidwoo likes posting crappy snowmobile pics in the “photo of your last bike ride thread”. He does not get to use the white curtesy phone, but he would like to.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I guess we should all ride and hike in Dickies and cotton flannel shirts since most outdoor clothing companies are inherently evil and Hell bent on destroying their customer base.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I guess we should all ride and hike in Dickies and cotton flannel shirts since most outdoor clothing companies are inherently evil and Hell bent on destroying their customer base.
we should pretend kidwoo said "all outdoor clothing companies" and ignore the multitudes of actual reasons he bitches about one in particular

You haven't seen the assholes that get millions in patagonia bux. I have to sit in planning rooms with them, and now file briefs with them in court. You literally have no idea what you're talking about. These are some of the most smug condescending people on the planet. And they will make up all kinds of shit if they decide your little mountain bike trail interferes with their property value.

Their 'customer base' is rich coastal fucks who want to clear the landscape of the undesireables that surround their 5th home in the mountains, and clueless rubes who keep buying their shit because of their virtue signaling like what rideit posted.

They very publicly come out with statements like this as a branding exercise. All while their billionaire founder hides in his tax shelter in Jackson, and continues to remove indigenous and local people to make 'parks' for wealthy friends.

Besides, Dickies = Northface = timberland now

If massively funded gentrification is your thing, knock yourself out. They put their hand out to mountainbikers years ago willing to take their money with one hand, and then turn around and close more public lands to them with the other. They market to you with proclamations of 'human rights' and 'fair working conditions' while also being one of the largest military and police force clothing suppliers under a different name. You not knowing that doesn't change reality.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, we also ride Lithium (which doesn't currently seem to be in any jeopardy),, Skyline, Munger/ Big Munger, Mosquito Creek, Mud Pass, Windy Ridge, and Shadow mountain, which are basically the only ridges conducive to riding without ropes and harnesses...Hundreds of miles worth.
The Palisades thing seems to be a non-starter at the moment. Everything else is Wilderness or N.P. And we have the Big Holes, which will forever be moto/MTB friendly.
Patagonia's influence in any of this is perhaps a fantasy.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well, we also ride Lithium (which doesn't currently seem to be in any jeopardy),, Skyline, Munger/ Big Munger, Mosquito Creek, Mud Pass, Windy Ridge, and Shadow mountain, which are basically the only ridges conducive to riding without ropes and harnesses...The Palisades thing seems to be a non-starter at the moment. Everything else is Wilderness or N.P. And we have the Big Holes, which will forever be moto/MTB friendly.
Patagonia's influence in any of this is perhaps a fantasy.
You should actually read that book you told me to read :rofl:

The big holes ain't jackson. I'm well aware that everything else is wilderness and park. It would seem you're unaware of the entire industry that exists to constantly lobby to expand those?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Without getting eviscerated for asking....hopefully.....

Are there any tech gear companies that are not evil and that may be priced at a point where non-trustfund types can afford to play?

I mean Sierra, TNF, MountainHardware, Patagonia, Marmot and Arcteryx have all lost the plot and are all now just very expensive crap compared to what they used to be from a product quality and customer service wise point anyway, not to mention their other shortcomings.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Are there any tech gear companies that are not evil and that may be priced at a point where non-trustfund types can afford to play?

I mean Sierra, TNF, MountainHardware, Patagonia, Marmot and Arcteryx have all lost the plot and are all now just very expensive crap compared to what they used to be from a product quality and customer service wise point anyway, not to mention their other shortcomings.
Flylow?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

That's the problem, actual good clothing is never cheap. I usually wait for significant sales. I gave up on wasting money on 100 dollar pants that are pretty useless after one season. They all sit in my work truck now as backups.

Trew, mammut, mountain hardware....... arcteryx is gucci shit but they don't piss in the pot at least. Tobe is really solid but keeps getting more and more expensive. Black diamond used to be one of the worst but a bunch of their athletes pointed out where their money was going (kicking out snowmobilers they wanted to sell to) and they cleaned up their shit. There's a company called klim that makes snowmobile stuff that's really good. Nothing you want to go backcountry skiing in because it's not very lightweight, but for just burly good clothes that's another one.

This is the lady who used to market marmot gear down in the bay area. She now runs one of the big dumb gentrification services. She spouts off about diversity equity and inclusion, and appropriates the hell out of PNW artwork for her 'ladyhawk' logo :rofl:

ladyhawk.JPG

She is ladyhawk. You couldn't write these egos in a novel and have them be believable.

The dancing and dodging she does around native american issues, like all good guilty white people after 2020, really is something to behold. Especially after she makes this to market her white ass brand.

ladyhawklogo.png

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ya, the virtue signalling is a bit maddening. MH from memory was started by a bunch of ex TNF employees who became disillusioned. Or at least that is the story I was fed way back. Anyway, I had good luck with what I had used so ended up buying one of their tents. In the beginning when it was new I sent it back to their warranty and repair shop and they did some significant customization for me, and I also picked up a couple of extra rain fly's. This was an not unheard of thing - they would customize their own gear to user spec if feasible. Fast forward a bunch of years and it is still going strong, not a hole, or tear, zippers all still work great, the last of the fly's just got broken out, but the floor is getting thin, so I want to put a new floor into it. Well they no longer offer that service and were shocked to learn that they used to do customizations, and btw, they also no longer provide materials to third party's so having a repair shop is also out - which was confimed by said repair shops when I inquired. So, they basically want you to throw it out and buy a new one. Go figure.