Quantcast

things @kidwoo likes thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Not that I was going to get one at 9k anyways. I’d just buy an actual snowmobile, I’m still riprow curious.

But the snow lubes the track sliders? I’m guessing like a moto chain at the pivot?
There are uhmw plastic sliders along the bottom of the rails that the track sits on. Without snow/water it just heats up and melts the track to the plastic.

I didn't notice they were 9k. Yeah can get a legit sled with that kind of cash. Fuckin ripoff for that little piece of shit.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
During a “business lunch” today in San Fran a young biotech engineer mentioned that his plans to go to Tahoe last weekend were ruined by the weather. He had really wanted to head up there despite the weather, but his wife refused. I told him to call me next time he wanted to head up there, bc “I know a guy who can show you a good time…”

You’re welcome. Take pics, please.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
During a “business lunch” today in San Fran a young biotech engineer mentioned that his plans to go to Tahoe last weekend were ruined by the weather. He had really wanted to head up there despite the weather, but his wife refused. I told him to call me next time he wanted to head up there, bc “I know a guy who can show you a good time…”

You’re welcome. Take pics, please.
I'll show him the secret route to tahoe that only locals know about. The stormier the better.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Simmer down, I don't really have any problems with them. Just pointing out what people bitch about.
think about the alternative...........

trailers

serious question though....what's to bitch about? It's a truck with no bigger footprint than the truck

what's the preferred elite shitlib form of transport? Each person with their own truck with their sled in the back? That's just irresponsible commuting!

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The only valid critique is that sometimes the deck is a bit too wide for the size of the parking spaces, so if the driver is too far over to the left or right, it effectively takes up two spaces. All I have heard, really.
More about the driver than the deck.
They aren't allowed in the covered lot downtown, for example.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The only valid critique is that sometimes the deck is a bit too wide for the size of the parking spaces, so if the driver is too far over to the left or right, it effectively takes up two spaces. All I have heard, really.
More about the driver than the deck.
They aren't allowed in the covered lot downtown, for example.
side mirrors are wider

there's a law about that and stuff

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Drive through rural idaho/montana/wy/ or eastern OR/WA some time. Those towns are no different than where the metal smith lives, it just snows there. So people have snowmobiles. These aren't resort towns. People who don't live in snow just automatically associate with vacations and wealth because it gets marketed to them. Doesn't mean that's the entirety of people who live in it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Is this the right thread?

these fuckin people

“It’s hard to stay here,” said Heidi Hill Drum with the non-profit Tahoe Prosperity Center. “The only way to get our community back is to build housing for people who are the backbone of our economy: the tourism workers. We’re not helping them right now – not enough.”

Creating conservation easements out of every square inch of buildable land is too fashionable for the Bay Aryans. Address that in a meaningful way and then we can talk about why no new building happens. But tell me how you work for real estate developers in a more direct way. That 'prosperity center' is nothing more than a construction lobby. Slave labor losses.....that's the only thing that ever got their attention. A decline in the quality of the service.