things @kidwoo likes thread

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Thought @kidwoo might like this. Stolen from internets:

“America’s legal system today

I want to practice law:
—You need a 4 year Bachelors, take the LSAT, then a 3 year JD, then pass the BAR, buy malpractice insurance, & total cost is ~$300K

I want to enforce the law:
—Here’s paid 13-week training & a gun

I want to write the law:
—No qualifications needed and a billionaire can buy you a seat”

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
legit have watched this 10 times at least :rofl:

a tesla sammich with landrover porsche as the bread. It's not even my birthday!
ffoUuIn1qRz7G.gif

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Obviously the Land Rover did not have the correct overlanding accessories.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I just saw an SFGate article about those videos from the tow company and how folks flooded Tahoe this weekend. :rofl:

"Take your foot off the brake!"

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Things that I've never actually considered...does ABS work in reverse? Sounds like yes, but I guess if the vehicle starts with all four wheels locked, the system is just going to read things as being "stopped". Not that ABS is necessarily effective in this situation regardless.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I just saw an SFGate article about those videos from the tow company and how folks flooded Tahoe this weekend. :rofl:

"Take your foot off the brake!"
Every single weekend has been like that. People can't get to work, can't get home.....emergency vehicles getting stuck in traffic and even hit by people.

It's a great system we have in place these days. And these fucks in SF just keep making it worse.

1. Don't come to tahoe
2. Here are all the reasons you should go to tahoe

sfgateBS.JPG

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that's like me posting a video of toshi reading an MRI and going "yeah buddy! how bout that shit!!??? Fucking sweet huh??"
that'd be kinda weird if you had video of me sitting around in my house working, to be fair

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

We don't get much snow but we do have some idiots over here-

There was another Maserati bogged on a beach not too far from me, at least it was the SUV thing.
I live just near a beach access point and you see some pretty odd cars having a crack at the sand, and they always go straight for the middle so nobody can pass them.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I like when smug white people leave directions on how to not inconvenience them

This post reminds me of a memory.

The SF Chronical for year’s had a writer for them I think in the sports section? Fucker always wore a nice full brim hat,like Indy Jones but wider brim. I think it was leather? His picture in the paper has him wearing the hat. He has a Thick Beard. Average height man if I recall. I always read his short articles as he actually walks it himself,say again, walk. He never said a peep about himself riding the trails in his articles that I can remember. However, he always would say If MTBs were allowed. So I had a feeling he did not like mtbs. The articale each time would be about hiking trails,or outdoor,so they were hating on us but being nice about it. This is back in 90’s. They had a show out here called Bay Area Backroads. The Host loved to ride mtbs. Lo and behold they had the Bearded Fuck with the Hat on. A mtb no less they were riding. I can’t remember but he looked silly and not happy,but I could be wrong.

A long time after I saw him on TV with that mtb I ran into him In the mountains early in the morning.

My partner and I would start climbing with lights In the am. We we’re climbing out on the first loop and almost to the top with my buddy 4 bikes length ahead as always coming in at 145 pounds. I was happy to come around the bend(fire road),as there was a huge dead tree that had a woodpecker in it and I was hoping to see it. This is 3 rings in the front era and I am pushing the middle ring. I look up and see my tree with this man there. Hunched down shoulders with head looking slightly down. Beautiful crisp cold clear morning and my nose needs blown out,after I said “Hey,you are the writer for the SFChronical,Good Morning Brother”! Nothing. I am even with him so I drop to granny as to not go by. I look at him and wait for a response. Nothing. I am speechless and begin to doubt myself,wrong man Avy,you idiot! I am still even with him and he is not giving me eye contact. No No I said,that’s him. At this point I call my Buddy. “BobbyO!,yes Avy,it’s that writer I was telling you about with the SFChronical”. “No shit”. He stops,unclips,and turns around looking at me. He does not say a word as Avy and this man come upon him. He is looking at me look at this Man who refuses to say anything. I stop as there was this cool little log ride and he walked on. Bobby said,what did he say Avy? I said Nothing,nothing at all. What a Fuckin Dick Bobby says. Yes,yes indeed Brother. True Story.

Avy