Quantcast

Things M$ have borrowed from (THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS) linux

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
I was working the other day and was thinking there has to be a virtual desktop program for windows. I had 6 things open on one screen and its just a pain to alt + tab or go down to the bottom and click on the program you need.

I did a goole search for virtual desktop for windows and low and behold MS has a add on (if you will) that creates 4 virtual desktops.

Linux has has this for as long as I have been using it. I was just curious of what other tools MS has borrowed from linux.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by CrAckErKorEan

Linux has has this for as long as I have been using it. I was just curious of what other tools MS has borrowed from linux.
An annoying reliance on command line functionality?

Oh sorry, that's Linux borrowing from Windows 3.1

:D :rolleyes:

I love Linux, really, but it can be a pain. I just cannot wrap my head around some of the commands. Too cryptic. Thank you gui!

I got a call from the new guy at the place I used to work at, like 2 years ago. They asked if I remembered the Samba passwords from the small office server I setup. (couldn't remember) It's been running glitch free for about 2-1/2 years total now, they never touched it after I left.

:thumb: