Quantcast

Things That I Don't Understand

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When they are warm they have a buttery consistency that I just like. Like pork fat. Not sure why I like it? I just do.
There are millions of them, but I'll start with "Why doesn't laughing cow cheese need to be refrigerated?"

Discuss.
I get cheese curds from a dairy. I have no idea what you're talking about Willis.....

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I just discovered french bread pizza made in my toaster oven. Made a turkey one the other day, I love melted cheese.

Things i dont understand about cheese though. Cheese curds. I dont understand them. course ive never seen them anywhere either. Maybe ill understand them one day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I just discovered french bread pizza made in my toaster oven. Made a turkey one the other day, I love melted cheese.

Things i dont understand about cheese though. Cheese curds. I dont understand them. course ive never seen them anywhere either. Maybe ill understand them one day.
French bread pizza ftw....haven't made that in years.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mortadella...maybe if you were a dirt poor Sicilian?
For that matter...Scrapple
Thick cut Mortadella, Sharp Provolone, Muffaleta salad, and Cherry peppers on fresh baked Fococcia. I am with you on Scrapple however, that shit is nasty...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You should try Souse, it's made from everything not good enough for Scrapple.
I love our variety. Served with dark bread, distilled vinegar and chopped onion.
In the Czech Republic, the huspenina or sulc (from German Sülze) is made from pig's heads and/or legs boiled together, chopped, mixed into their own broth, poured into a pan, and left in the cold to solidify. Other ingredients include onion, pepper, allspice, bayleaf, vinegar, salt, carrot, parsley, root celery, and sometimes eggs. A similar product, tlačenka, is basically huspenina with some more meat, chopped liver, and various offal, poured into a prepared pig stomach and left to solidify under the weight. Tlačenka is generally thicker than huspenina, and it is commonly eaten with chopped onions and sprinkled with vinegar.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't understand how this is even remotely possible. :mad:

Most places on the east coast get more rain in a year than we do out here. We just get it from 8 months of pissy drizzle instead of actual rain.

We are in the middle of a winter storm that us supposed to bring an inch of rain over a few days. Used tp get that much in an afternoon thunderstorm in Virginia.