Things that rock about new RM

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
PM box meters
quick reply
that hover preview thing
I am sure I will find more as I surf more....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
as an accountant....I reject/dislike change. :D

Along with the new RM this week I received MS Office Professoinal 2003. :rolleyes: Now my Outlook, Excel, Word, etc are all slightly different. Enough to annoy me and for some things are worse than whatever version we had before.

It isn't doing anything wrong really.....it just isn't doing certain things like my old software did. I used a Favorites folder on teh open window on the old excel ALL THE TIME. Now I have to search thru endless servers and different levels to find files all I had to do before was click like 3 times. I did put a favorites bar on the web toolbar but it does not work in the 'open' or 'save as' window. Outlook is giving me a headache....to much fluff. I like the quick and dirty stle of old. :)

I have to say that this RM change is much smoother than my adapting to this new looking MS software.

I do miss the green....for now. I will adapt, it already flows much easier for me.

Rhino

PS- of course SM is still here....that is worth the price of admission. :D

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
TN said:
that hover preview thing
Eh?

(My post would have normally been limited to what you just read above, but for some reason it has to be at least 10 characters. Damn the system...)

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
If you hold your cursor over the thread title you can read the first like however many words. Mine doesn't do that anymore and just tells me who started the thread.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
dexterq20 said:
Eh?

(My post would have normally been limited to what you just read above, but for some reason it has to be at least 10 characters. Damn the system...)
hover your mouse over a subject in the forum listing and you'll see.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So you are not going to be happy with Kerry then either?

RhinofromWA said:
as an accountant....I reject/dislike change. :D

Along with the new RM this week I received MS Office Professoinal 2003. :rolleyes: Now my Outlook, Excel, Word, etc are all slightly different. Enough to annoy me and for some things are worse than whatever version we had before.

It isn't doing anything wrong really.....it just isn't doing certain things like my old software did. I used a Favorites folder on teh open window on the old excel ALL THE TIME. Now I have to search thru endless servers and different levels to find files all I had to do before was click like 3 times. I did put a favorites bar on the web toolbar but it does not work in the 'open' or 'save as' window. Outlook is giving me a headache....to much fluff. I like the quick and dirty stle of old. :)

I have to say that this RM change is much smoother than my adapting to this new looking MS software.

I do miss the green....for now. I will adapt, it already flows much easier for me.

Rhino

PS- of course SM is still here....that is worth the price of admission. :D