Quantcast

Things you can't bring yourself to throw out.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
For some unexplainable reason, I have like 4 sets of completely used up, worn out SPD cleats. No idea why.
I have my first decent set of flats in the garage, Azonic A Frames.
Never tried clips, I know I'd do multiple Bidens so I stay away.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
moving three years worth of vacation pictures off of various sd cards onto a hard drive and deleting said pictures from cards....

finally doing that.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I throw away nothing. Even empty boxes :D

Probably the oldest things I have that I should toss, in no particular order:

Shimano DH Shoes. You know, the good ones. Even though I don't wear them anymore.

Old team race jerseys. I def don't wear these anymore

TLD DH helmets that I've crashed in too many times

Tools. Even if they're worn, I'm like, maybe I can still use it....but then you realize you should really just toss it, but don't

Things that don't fit any modern or relevant bike: Wheels, Hubs, Shocks, Springs,9 speed chains, dropper seat posts that don't work, I can go on and on....I can't even bring myself to throw out scratched stanchions.

:D

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I throw out everything. Too much to my GF liking.
I sometime wish the house would burn down to get rid of all her crap.
The discussion happened many times, to no avail.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I try not to keep much. Having bought my grandparents place. I have had to clean out multiple barn fulls of random shit. They lived through the depression and kept everything 2” piece of 2x4. Better keep it.

I do have a shelf in my shop with the coolest old TLD helmets, race plates and metals. Also have some wall are of old ringle stuff.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This thread is making me want to purge. I think this weekend I will go through the garage and junk room and toss/donate/consolidate. I do need to finish my Nerf gun mod, too. I would have lit the neighborhood up last weekend.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Any bicycle tire I have ever owned. Ski's also.
These are things that are worth keeping. I wish I had all my old DH bikes, I probably would have cashed them in recently seeing how much some 20+ year old bikes are going for now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I try not to keep much. Having bought my grandparents place. I have had to clean out multiple barn fulls of random shit. They lived through the depression and kept everything 2” piece of 2x4. Better keep it.
that's how my grandparents - and to a certain degree my own parents - were/are. i'm almost 40 and my mom still has pictures i drew when i was a kid.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
that's how my grandparents - and to a certain degree my own parents - were/are. i'm almost 40 and my mom still has pictures i drew when i was a kid.
Dude, you’re giving me anxiety just reading that. My mom recently showed me a box of my business cards from an internship from 20 years ago. She would t let me throw them away.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dude, you’re giving me anxiety just reading that. My mom recently showed me a box of my business cards from an internship from 20 years ago. She would t let me throw them away.
when my mom's parents passed she had the pleasure of going through their........ stuff. it was kind of a wake up call for her. she shortly thereafter began purging her own stash.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Over the years I have been perfecting the minimalist lifestyle to the point I travel internationally with just a day pack and literally all my current clothing is one load of laundry, if I buy something it's because I threw the old one out. Aside from my storage unit which is essentially all garage/shop items I don't have much stuff.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
My trophies from my first three BMX races.

IMG_5805.jpeg

I had many, many more and most were far larger and more elaborate, blah, blah, blah, but those were all donated to a track near my home town. I can’t get rid of these though even though they now reside in the garage. I vividly remember all three races….from 43 years ago.

Last edited: