Quantcast

Things you should not do or wear at the gym

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Fat guys are always more fun to bike with... everything is always DH with a shuttle truck and a beer or two at the end.

Fat guys are also better at planning... thin guys always think whatever they're looking for was just past the last 16 climbs... :)
We did have some damn good rides back in the day! :banana:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I don't know, I kind of find it hard to get annoyed with overweight people at the gym making some kind of effort to improve their health, but that's just me. (unless they do something to annoy me, but that's not limited to overweight people.)

I'm all for people getting in shape . He'll I'm even a little chubby right now, but I have the common courtesy to wear clothing that isnt four sizes too small, and make people look at my ass crack and blubber.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
A few rides ago my group ran across an overweight man on an old, but nice, specialized xc fully. He was having a lot of trouble climbing the hill and asked for some advice. I noticed his rear shock was completely bottomed out when he sat on it and he was in his middle chain ring. I showed him how to lock out his shock and told him to shift down his front derailer. He said thanks and we parted ways.

A woman in our group then said "I know how he could climb the hill easier... He could loose forty pounds"

I looked her in the eye and said "Maybe that's what he is trying to accomplish, asshole." to which she responed "whatever mumble mumble"

People should be encouraged to work out. More power to fat people who do work out.

I could give a **** less what people wear at the gym or on a ride.

It's a gym, not a Vic Stewart's or Starbucks.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I could give a **** less what people wear at the gym or on a ride.

It's a gym, not a Vic Stewart's or Starbucks.
I hear ya; however, it is definitely visual polution. You can't help but see what you see and people should be courtesy of that fact.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Good story and I like your sentiment, but do you mean to say you need to look good to walk into a friggin' starbucks and get a coffee...?
I guess I should have left out the word Starbucks.

I meant to say at a gym it doesn't really matter what your clothes look like, they just need to be comfortable for you.

In public, you at least want to dress decent.

catch my drift?

I wouldn't wear my gym clothes to starbucks, they smell like dead horse.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm all for people getting in shape . He'll I'm even a little chubby right now, but I have the common courtesy to wear clothing that isnt four sizes too small, and make people look at my ass crack and blubber.
If chubby folks in tight clothes offend you, I recommend not joining a gym.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I hear ya; however, it is definitely visual polution. You can't help but see what you see and people should be courtesy of that fact.
Just look the other way. Don't they have TV's at your gym? Or mirrors in front of the machine you work on?

It's not any worse than the sights you see in the locker room.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Just look the other way. Don't they have TV's at your gym? Or mirrors in front of the machine you work on?

It's not any worse than the sights you see in the locker room.
I'm not saying that people stare at the uglies, just saying that when they walk by in your line of sight, you can't help but see what's there.

What if a co-worker had serious body odor and didn't shower or use deordorant? Wouldn't that be offensive to your nose?

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I'm not saying that people stare at the uglies, just saying that when they walk by in your line of sight, you can't help but see what's there.

What if a co-worker had serious body odor and didn't shower or use deordorant? Wouldn't that be offensive to your nose?
I see what your saying... But I think it's something your going to have to live with.

Just don't tell some one to cover up more. That's just rude.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I guess I should have left out the word Starbucks.

I meant to say at a gym it doesn't really matter what your clothes look like, they just need to be comfortable for you.

In public, you at least want to dress decent.

catch my drift?

I wouldn't wear my gym clothes to starbucks, they smell like dead horse.
NEWSFLASH: the gym, is in public. Showing blubber flowing over your waistline because you're wearing a shirt that stops twelve inches above your waist, and your ass crack because your shorts are four sizes too small is just as offensive there as it is in a starbucks .

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
NEWSFLASH: the gym, is in public. Showing blubber flowing over your waistline because you're wearing a shirt that stops twelve inches above your waist, and your ass crack because your shorts are four sizes too small is just as offensive there as it is in a starbucks .
Whatever.

Different attire is appropriate for different places.

Don't like it? Invest in a Bowflex.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
brilliant. You've completely lived up to your reputation.

Weren't you the guy that turned your room mate in for smoking pot? And posted about twenty threads about him and his granny boyfriend? If you're preaching tolerance why don't you practice it?
Repression of the fact that granny boyfriend = red rabbit.

He's the don't ask don't tell poster boy.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
brilliant. You've completely lived up to your reputation.

Weren't you the guy that turned your room mate in for smoking pot? And posted about twenty threads about him and his granny boyfriend? If you're preaching tolerance why don't you practice it?
Desperate words... Just bow out gracefully.

I never turned him in, and I don't give a flying fvck about anyones sexaul preference.

Be happy mutha fvcka

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The fatty haters are just sad souls looking to boost their social standing by pointing out the flaws of others. These are the same people who would be cracking n-word jokes if they thought they could get away with it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The fatty haters are just sad souls looking to boost their social standing by pointing out the flaws of others. These are the same people who would be cracking n-word jokes if they thought they could get away with it.
I'm not supposed to crack n-word jokes?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So what you are saying is that you are fat?

ChuMaiWang

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
The only time I had an issue w/someone else at the gym was this lady that was a little over weight. She was wearing a pink fuzzy thing that did a good job of covering up what [most] folks didn’t want to see. That was all find and dandy, but she must have swam in a vat of perfume before coming to the gym. I honestly had to move as that on top of the cardio was making me nauseous.

The only time I had an issue w/someone else at the gym was this lady that was a little over weight. She was wearing a pink fuzzy thing that did a good job of covering up what [most] folks didn’t want to see. That was all find and dandy, but she must have swam in a vat of perfume before coming to the gym. I honestly had to move as that on top of the cardio was making me nauseous.
Yeah, but that effect happens irrespective of whether it's in a gym. I hate walking toxic waste dumps wherever they are. :disgust1:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
From now on this is all I am going to wear to the gym:

Where is it you work out? I've been swimming in my own feces for a week, and have been eating nothing but McDonalds just for you.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I sing along loudly to my ipod when I work out. I don't want to live in a world where people are ever, EVER discouraged from singing. That's like telling someone not to laugh.
I disagree. Someone belting out showtunes next to me is pretty annoying, especially when I have to turn up MY music to drown it out.

gg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm not surprised. Next time, turn down your music and sing along with them.
I would have sung on the bus if I would have known the words. But for all I know, he didn't know the words either (based on the fact I don't know Spanish).