Quantcast

Things you should not do or wear at the gym

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
You should not wear a top or short shorts that fitted you 20 years ago, and then go and try to run on a treadmill in front of me :dead::shocked:

Monkey
things to not do it a gym....

hmm, starting every sentence with "during my backpacking trek in Nepal..." when we all know that the sherpas carried 99% of the whities' luggage, especially those who go to the gym to talk about their trips.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
or if your a slightly heavy seat chick, don't wear sweat pants when you have swamp ass and work out right in front of me :disgust1:

A slightly heavy set woman? In sweat pants?!?!?! Sweating?!?!?!!? IN A GYM!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

If you don't want to see sweaty chicks in sweat pants who are trying to get in shape, you should probably steer clear of the gyms, or work out up front, you know, so your sensibilities aren't offended.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't know, I kind of find it hard to get annoyed with overweight people at the gym making some kind of effort to improve their health, but that's just me. (unless they do something to annoy me, but that's not limited to overweight people.)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I don't know, I kind of find it hard to get annoyed with overweight people at the gym making some kind of effort to improve their health, but that's just me. (unless they do something to annoy me, but that's not limited to overweight people.)
:stupid:

Getting upset with fat people for wearing bad clothes at the gym is like getting pissed at people for farting in the bathroom.

Besides, they probably find you (ukjason) just as disgusting.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
he said heavy seat, as in fat ass
6 of one and half a dozen of the other. You're bound to bump into some not so in shape people in a gym. It's not reserved for models and meat heads.

He said slightly heavy seat. Seeing as how a single sentence post can be so full of typos and grammatical errors, I assumed he was running with the theme.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
:stupid:

There used to be an old woman (probably 65) that worked out in the morning and she would only wear a sports bra and capri workout pants....it was scary as hell.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
People who are just generally unpleasing to the eye should just stay in their homes until they starve to death.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
As long as they are working and not standing around gabbing taking up space, I could give a rat's ass what they wear. If it's that bad, more motivation for me to move quicker and get the hell out.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
It must be awesome to be such a perfect, hot stud that you need to talk trash about anyone else who is not up to your exacting standards.

Grow the **** up.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
As a member of the fat and sweaty set, I love guys like this.

Yea, I am a big dude because I drink too much, love meals after I've been partying, and would rather sleep then go to the gym. But I swear, I have a great personality.

Guys like this will look at you with a bit of disgust, but more a look of wishing they could relax a little, when at the gym. I make sure to work up a really good sweat, then I go lift on his favorite machine, where he's doing his 10000th rep to sculpt is pecs, and I make sure to glaze it with my bovine like secretions, and walk off without towling it down just to screw with his day.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
or if your a slightly heavy seat chick, don't wear sweat pants when you have swamp ass and work out right in front of me :disgust1:

A slightly heavy set woman? In sweat pants?!?!?! Sweating?!?!?!!? IN A GYM!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

If you don't want to see sweaty chicks in sweat pants who are trying to get in shape, you should probably steer clear of the gyms, or work out up front, you know, so your sensibilities aren't offended.
I think the main problem is the swamp ass.

It's ok to be fat and sweating in a gym (better than fat and sweating over a chili-burger at Carls' Jr.). I think if you're fat and sweating and you smell like ass in public, then you need to be taken out and shot.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've always viewed Brits as a somewhat unattractive lot, you're all either pasty white pudginess or super thin boniness with enormous teeth.

How, exactly, do you distinguish between the attractive and unattractive?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I've always viewed Brits as a somewhat unattractive lot, you're all either pasty white pudginess or super thin boniness with enormous teeth.

How, exactly, do you distinguish between the attractive and unattractive?
If the person you are looking at is less disgusting than british food, hump em.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Fat guys are always more fun to bike with... everything is always DH with a shuttle truck and a beer or two at the end.

Fat guys are also better at planning... thin guys always think whatever they're looking for was just past the last 16 climbs... :)

As a member of the fat and sweaty set, I love guys like this.

Guys like this will look at you with a bit of disgust, but more a look of wishing they could relax a little, when at the gym. I make sure to work up a really good sweat, then I go lift on his favorite machine, where he's doing his 10000th rep to sculpt is pecs, and I make sure to glaze it with my bovine like secretions, and walk off without towling it down just to screw with his day.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
We just think ahead a little more as we're fans of the "conservation of energy" as it were.

The whole masochist thing went out of me once I discovered beer a decade or so ago. I could grind all day, mess up my junk, be too worn for much anything fun, or I could DH all day, suck down beers with my friends, and be a much more agreeable, if not much larger, version of my former self.

I can still run six miles in 54 minutes, I am stronger then I was when I was ultra thin, but now there's more of me to love.

Speaking of more to love, my venti white chocolate mocha and my croissant are hitting the spot.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Fat guys are always more fun to bike with... everything is always DH with a shuttle truck and a beer or two at the end.

Fat guys are also better at planning... thin guys always think whatever they're looking for was just past the last 16 climbs... :)
A-phookin-men, spreaded reps

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I think the main problem is the swamp ass.

It's ok to be fat and sweating in a gym (better than fat and sweating over a chili-burger at Carls' Jr.). I think if you're fat and sweating and you smell like ass in public, then you need to be taken out and shot.
I'm starting to understand why stinky boy is always on your case.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My favorite is the guy who pays a lot of money to spend 45 minutes hitting on the "personal trainer" and not doing much of anything otherwise.

There was this 40-something guy that was at 24hr Fitness every M/W/F leisurely going through the motions while trying WAY TOO HARD to mac on the 20-something trainer. I couldn't help but notice while on the treadmill upstairs (she was HOT).

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
i always think it's difficult to listen to a trainer when he doesn't look the way you want to look.

It's obvious that some of the trainers at my gym either aren't motivated enough or don't know enough to get in shape, which makes me question whether or not they can get me in shape.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like the people that go to the gym just so they can be seen in their expensive workout clothes. The type of people that I have to wait on as they do things like use the lat pull downs with only 10 lbs of weight, they have done little more than counterbalance the weight of their own arms. They put in the same effort into a workout as it would take to float around in 0 gravity.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I like the people that go to the gym just so they can be seen in their expensive workout clothes. The type of people that I have to wait on as they do things like use the lat pull downs with only 10 lbs of weight, they have done little more than counterbalance the weight of their own arms. They put in the same effort into a workout as it would take to float around in 0 gravity.
I didn't buy this velvet jogging suit to sweat in!