Quantcast

Think about where you park your vehicle

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
A girl broke her leg at Lake Sawyer today and luckily there were no cars in the way of the gate(coal cart entrance). So that emt's were able to get their emergency vehicle in thru the gate and drive up closer to where she was on the trail. Never thought much about that but it's something to think about when parking at a trailhead, maybe leave some room for an emergency vehicle to get thru....

story of the broken leg in Lounge

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Skookum said:
A girl broke her leg at Lake Sawyer today and luckily there were no cars in the way of the gate(coal cart entrance). So that emt's were able to get their emergency vehicle in thru the gate and drive up closer to where she was on the trail. Never thought much about that but it's something to think about when parking at a trailhead, maybe leave some room for an emergency vehicle to get thru....

Ya know... we nearly blocked the gate at Mima Mounds today but decided against it at the last moment. I decided to wash my bike in an eco sensitive creek instead.

Its all about trade offs, you know. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
Ya know... we nearly blocked the gate at Mima Mounds today but decided against it at the last moment. I decided to wash my bike in an eco sensitive creek instead.

Its all about trade offs, you know. :thumb:
Your decisions making prowess leaves me in awe.
You should be the President. :)

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Did you use toxic detergents? Make sure you get it sparkling clean with some wax too. And don't forget to flush everything with a few shots of spray lube. Then use paper towels to clean it all up, and let the creek clean itself!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Skookum said:

That is great advise. Ill have to remember that.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
ioscope said:
Did you use toxic detergents? Make sure you get it sparkling clean with some wax too. And don't forget to flush everything with a few shots of spray lube. Then use paper towels to clean it all up, and let the creek clean itself!
No, I really didn't have time for that since we were in the middle of a ride. I am pretty sure I suffocated some salmon eggs though... but, my chain suck and ghost shifting were washed away in seconds. Yes, life is good.

Anyhow - this is a serious thread with significant social content. Skooks - I am sorry I dreailed your thread. I was lashing out because you would not ride with me today. My actions made Jesus sad so now I am going to hell. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Ya, I'm surprised the gate area was clear. When we headed out that morning the parking area was packed. I'll park off to the side from now on for sure!

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Hey Skookum, do you ride a Specialized Enfuro? Was that Snacks with you riding a Turner? If so, I was the guy following you for a bit on the trail across the road from the parking area. I was with a herd of 6 of us waiting for a riding parner to catch up, but she'd taken a shortcut.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
In regards to Sawyer: You guys know there's an elementary school on the other side of the property with tons of parking don't ya??? ;)
No zoomin' traffic 2 feet from you either.

Bummer about the leg Skooks. I guess the bone breaking season has to start sometime huh?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
bikeguy100k said:
Hey Skookum, do you ride a Specialized Enfuro? Was that Snacks with you riding a Turner? If so, I was the guy following you for a bit on the trail across the road from the parking area. I was with a herd of 6 of us waiting for a riding parner to catch up, but she'd taken a shortcut.
Ya that was us. That was my first time riding on that side of the road....I was having issues getting in the flow :mad:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Snacks said:
Ya that was us. That was my first time riding on that side of the road....I was having issues getting in the flow :mad:
I think the 5 bridges trail has much better flow, but that's only been my second time down there. I do like that side of the road though. We played a bit on the stunts too. They were well built and a wole lot of fun!

I'll post next time we ride down there and maybe we can have a mini- :monkey: fest! Weeee!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
bikeguy100k said:
I'll post next time we ride down there and maybe we can have a mini- :monkey: fest! Weeee!
Sounds good, i'd like to get at least one "RIDE ALL THE TRAILS" loop in this year before i start heading up into the mountains. :)

X-C Phantom

Chimp
Dec 9, 2004
Puget Sound
That is someone I know, her name is Leisa, she broke her leg in two places something about a tib fib. She has surgery at 7am to repair and put a rod in it.
Apparently the pedals on the bike she was test riding were too tight and she couldn't get out when she stopped and that caused her to fall and break the leg.Most unfortunate....

X-C Phantom

Chimp
Dec 9, 2004
Puget Sound
Snacks said:
The other side is tricky, it is meant to go in one direction only, and if you go the opposite way it sucks. The guy who built that trail used to be my boss, there is more in the works for over there.

X-C Phantom

Chimp
Dec 9, 2004
Puget Sound
Skookum said:
Sounds good, i'd like to get at least one "RIDE ALL THE TRAILS" loop in this year before i start heading up into the mountains. :)
Two weeks ago I led some guys out there, we rode just about everything, in a loop without do overs(I even brushed out some trails on the Lakeside). It is about 22 miles that we logged(I don't have a computer but someone else did)we were riding steady and it was almost 3 hrs ride time. If anyone wants to do this let me know! I'd be happy to show off the route I have in my mental gps :dancing:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
X-C Phantom said:
The other side is tricky, it is meant to go in one direction only, and if you go the opposite way it sucks. The guy who built that trail used to be my boss, there is more in the works for over there.
I think we went the right direction, it's just hard or me to start on something like that cold. Plus all that off camber stuff in the begging freak me out since we were right above 169. Something for me to work up to for sure.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
bikeguy100k said:
When I saw you, it looked like you were doing just fine!
What were you riding, like I would be able to tell. Maybe I should ask what were you were you wearing? I mean c'mon I am still a girl at heart! :o:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
The first time I saw you in the parking lot and on the trail, I was wearing a royal blue jersey. Whe I finished the trail, I went back to the car and changed into a yellow/green obnoxious Gary Fisher jersey becuase I overdressed! I was heading back on the trail to meet my herd. You were almost out of the trail.

I can tell you that you were wearing a sky blue jersey, so what does that say about me? :think: :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
bikeguy100k said:
The first time I saw you in the parking lot and on the trail, I was wearing a royal blue jersey. Whe I finished the trail, I went back to the car and changed into a yellow/green obnoxious Gary Fisher jersey becuase I overdressed! I was heading back on the trail to meet my herd. You were almost out of the trail.

I can tell you that you were wearing a sky blue jersey, so what does that say about me? :think: :D

Hahaha....it was really warm out wasn't it! Skookum and I had to shed a layer after that trail too.

Oh, were you in glasses? Everyone was way far behind you? I remember passing your group and some guy was talking about how he was so frustrated that he threw his bike and bent his brake lever :eek:

What trails did you guys hit after re-grouping in the parking lot? I never saw you guys again.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Yeah, I was in the glasses. We went to the trails where the stunts are and through some other trails and then the 5-Bridges trail. We quit after that.

Which guy tossed his bike? The guy with Specialized or the guy with the Fisher Sugar?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
bikeguy100k said:
Yeah, I was in the glasses. We went to the trails where the stunts are and through some other trails and then the 5-Bridges trail. We quit after that.

Which guy tossed his bike? The guy with Specialized or the guy with the Fisher Sugar?
I think the guy on Spec. He was behind me swearing most of the trail....Ned(?)

I'm not sure where what trails we hit first, went down by the lake then back to Toy Tree(my favorite :love: ) then hit bridges.

Hahaha.....I have 1 month from today until heading down to Moab!!!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Looks like you'll beat us down there. Will be there the last week in April.
First time. Better be worth the hype... :)
Ride report when you get back please?