Quantcast

Think I'm turning into Hank Hill.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Why, all of a sudden, is playing with a leaf blower so much fun? I dont even really have that many leaves, but I use the thing every chance I get. Sweep the porch with it, the driveway...chase the dog around the yard for an hour with it :busted:
I cant wait to start a fire this summer and use the blower to really get it stoking.
Gas power equipment, in general, is fun now. I think I got propane in my urethra though.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
What is it about dogs and leaf blowers? My dog gets all frisky and skittery when the leaf blower comes out. Weird.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
My dog runs back and forth past me, as fast as he can just so I'll point the thing at him and perpetuate the madness. It's pretty funny to watch.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Why, all of a sudden, is playing with a leaf blower so much fun? I dont even really have that many leaves, but I use the thing every chance I get. Sweep the porch with it, the driveway...chase the dog around the yard for an hour with it :busted:
I cant wait to start a fire this summer and use the blower to really get it stoking.
Gas power equipment, in general, is fun now. I think I got propane in my urethra though.
So you can piss fire then?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hate my leaf blower, it is a loud smelly cantankerous machine. Raked all by hand this year, got some exercise while I was at it. Good core workout I reckon.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I don't have a dog, but I do have a junky old electric leaf blower that the neighbor left behind when they moved away.

My favorite thing: blowing the stuff round in my kids messy room when she leaves the window open that faces the front.
:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My dad was raised in west virginia (yes, not something i should readily be admitting in a public forum) and he made sure that i knew how to use most power tools by the time I was 12. In his household, power tools also includes shotguns and rifles.

chainsaw is still my favorite.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
An axe is nice, but there's nothing like watching a sharp chain melt effortlessly through some 50 year old masterpiece of nature.
Haha, touche. Axes are no good on cedar for the most part anyway...and we have LOTS of those around here.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
What is it about dogs and leaf blowers? My dog gets all frisky and skittery when the leaf blower comes out. Weird.
Did you ever see the "Family Guy " episode where Brian the dog was describing doggie-hell? It was basically Satan with a large vacuum cleaner backing a whole pack of dogs into a corner and taunting them with it.......

Well.........I thought it was funny. I guess you had to be there....:huh:

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Did you ever see the "Family Guy " episode where Brian the dog was describing doggie-hell? It was basically Satan with a large vacuum cleaner backing a whole pack of dogs into a corner and taunting them with it.......

Well.........I thought it was funny. I guess you had to be there....:huh:
Hahha. My dogs hate the vacuum.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I used to have a neighbor who would run his goddamn leaf blower for hours at a time on Sunday morning. He'd just walk back and forth blowing leafs from one side of his lot to the street, then left to right, then walk up and down the street ... the thing was loud and he was annoying as hell. It made me want to walk down there with a rake and offer to help him finish so he could stop annoying everyone on the block with his racket. I figured that if he said no, I could beat him with the rake.
Rant off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to have a neighbor who would run his goddamn leaf blower for hours at a time on Sunday morning. He'd just walk back and forth blowing leafs from one side of his lot to the street, then left to right, then walk up and down the street ... the thing was loud and he was annoying as hell. It made me want to walk down there with a rake and offer to help him finish so he could stop annoying everyone on the block with his racket. I figured that if he said no, I could beat him with the rake.
Rant off.
My neighbor is addicted to power tools like Burly. Unfortunately for me all of his tools are old hand me downs that have rusted through mufflers. The guy also has less than a half acre of a yard. Doesn't stop him every weekend from leaf blowing, weed eating, chainsawing every 1/4" twig then running it through the log splitter and mowing his lawn whether it needs it or not. It bugs the hell out of me but instead of saying anything I just fire up my 8hp pressure washer every time he tries to have a family bbq outside. It does a great job of cleaning my dishes.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, my blower is pretty quiet, but I wouldnt give a rats ass if it wasnt because its not like I leave a non-stop barking dog chained in my yard like the rest of the idiots around here.

The on-going logging operation on the land behind mine drowns out any noise pollution I can muster anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well, my blower is pretty quiet, but I wouldnt give a rats ass if it wasnt because its not like I leave a non-stop barking dog chained in my yard like the rest of the idiots around here.

The on-going logging operation on the land behind mine drowns out any noise pollution I can muster anyway.
I have another neighbor that has a St. Bernard that pisses everyone off with barking. The coolest thing about my dog is he never barks unless is about to kill something. He'll literally go months withoug a single woof.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
...some lady down the road from me was bitching about some neighborhood dog that got loose and came to the house beside hers and attacked the dog they had chained in the yard...nearly tearing its tail off. They called the cops on them, etc.

Of course, people should control their dogs, but all I could think was "like you really even give a f*** about the lawn ornament dog" I mean what does it even matter to these idiots, they just want some good old hatfield vs. Mccoy drama around here.

The same lady tried bitching at me because I was cutting firewood on my land from a tree that she let the power co. cut down on her land...that fell over onto mine.

I just said, "Lady, its on my land, I really dont care to wait for you people to clean anything up and its on my land anyway so I'll do as I please"

...not making many friends in the neighborhood.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
One of my chores growing up was raking the leaves in the front yard. It was a decent sized yard, and the tree was huge so leaves were everywhere.

I used to just rake them all up into a pile in the middle of my street, then have the neighbor kid drive his car up and down the street dispersing the leaves up and down, and to the sides of the street.

It was perfect. It turned a long chore, into one that could be done in less than 20 minutes.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Chainsaws are the closest thing we will ever have to a lightsaber.
Yes. I think that's correct.

I just got back off my roof...cleaning out the gutters with the leaf blower. Way better than doing that by hand!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was deprived as a child. My father was smart enough to not trust us with gas around the house, so everything we had was either electric or man-powered.

Now that I am older, I get all things powered when offered. I haven't gotten a leaf blower, but I should.

i love messing with the power tools, its irresistible! especially considering that theyre all mine...
my weed-wacker is the most evil sounding thing in the city! i have set the idling rpm to the eqivalent of about half throttle and now the thing has literally a gravity throttle... when i tip it down to cut, it automatically revs up and stays that way until i hold it flat again...
that thing sounds like its going to eat you, i remember when i ran it down to fumes in the tank and it just kept going to a higher and higher throttle than it ever got by pinning it, it was friggin scary!