Votes: 37 75.5%
  • no

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I voted no, not because I am a Lance-hater, but he has had amazing luck, and it is hard to believe that it will extend for one more.

I also thought so last year, but look what happened.

But really, anything can happen. Eddy Merckx was punched in the stomach by a disgruntled spectator, and he lost the Tour that way...

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
sanjuro said:
I voted no, not because I am a Lance-hater, but he has had amazing luck, and it is hard to believe that it will extend for one more.
There is no luck When you are a robot
He will probbably win again just to piss off all the lance haters.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I think it would be great if he could pull it off, and certainly if conditioning and desire were the only factors he would have a great chance... but his luck is going to run out eventually...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Nope, he'll be pumelled with stale croissants in the mountain stage and give up.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
No, if he intends on actually RACING in the spring classics. If he goes slow in every race he does leading up to the Tour, well, all bets are off. I still say no, but I wouldn't bet against him.

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Yes...He is so cocky and that is why this thread is still going. We all want to watch him walk away from all the other world class cyclists and not even flench.

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
cocky... he's never seemed too cocky to me..

and if he is, he kinda has a right to do so, since he's won the 'hardest cycling competition ever' 6 times in a row...

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Dont mistake being cocky with confidence. I did not really think he was going to win last year but Im pretty sure hes got a good shot at #7 this year.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I can;t decide, I didn't think he would win #6 and blow everyone away. This year his build up doesn;t look to be going so smoothly but no ones has....I'll decide closer to the tour. I have a feeling if he starts it and knows he won't win he may just quit the race, dunno.