Quantcast

thinkin about doing indoor 4X

mtbrider106

Monkey
May 23, 2009
auburn
i thinking about it ive got a 2004 stump jumper that i like input on using that bike?i was going to put a pushed 120mm travel fox 36 on it find a chain guide that will work with out the 3 bolt mounting and having my fox float R rebuilt and putting some avid codes and short stem and high rise bars and 9 spd. ideas input?

Last edited:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
at the indoor bmx track in port orchard. www.gobmx.com they will be setting up the bmx curse like a 4x track.
Is this something new or are you just racing BMX on your mtb? They have let us race the cruiser class on 26" in the past.
4x bikes feel really heavy and slow out of the gate compared to anythign else out there. The lighter and the less travel the better. You only need one gear also. Discs feel stupid as you never touch your brakes and your just carrying around the weight. That said, it's fun as long as other people on mtbs show up.

jgibb83

Chimp
Sep 29, 2008
If you go to gobmx.com you will see there is a 6 race series. At this time the plan is that the last race in March will be a USA Cycling Qualifier for nationals.
It will be 3 moto best overall score system.
We are working hard to get lots of swag and to also have bike demos and a dirt jump demo and maybe a 4x clinic. Lots in the works
Bmx crusiers will not be allowed in the MTB classes it is for MTB bikes only.

Should be a good time tell your buddys to bring out the short travel bikes and the hardtails.

Jason

mtbrider106

Monkey
May 23, 2009
auburn
what he said ^. but i found a sx trail for 600 locally so im thinking of knocking out 2 birds with one stone cause i also want a all mtn and a bike i can do drops and jumps with.so sx trail i go. ill be there! for sure im excited.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
10 -12 years ago I used to go over,to PI, and race in the cruiser class....I was in tip top XC shape with power to spare,clipped in and still felt like I was peddleing in quicksand.....can't imagine a 26" is gonna be much fun........but WTF.....GIVER' HELL!!!:weee::D