Quantcast

Thinkin' about moving to upstate NY...

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Oh yeah, AND!!!!...I think the East Coast could use more Yeti's and their totally fanatical fantastic fans.

Understood, I'll refrain from my happy dance until you land the jobular.

(emailage on it's way to you shortly.)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I always thought of Syracuse, Utica, Rome as Central NY, And Rochester, Buffalo etc - Western NY, and Middletown the Hudson Valley area, and Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga as the Capital Region. I consider Upstate NY to be the Adirondack Resion and really upper west part of NYS. And then of course you have the NY Metropolitan area too. How's that sound?
Pretty good Mark, except I wouldn't put anthing in western, NY in "upstate". :rolleyes: Also, Saratoga might be as far north as the "Capital Region" goes as well. Any further up I87 and we consider ourselves "the north country". :biggrin:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Pretty good Mark, except I wouldn't put anthing in western, NY in "upstate". :rolleyes: Also, Saratoga might be as far north as the "Capital Region" goes as well. Any further up I87 and we consider ourselves "the north country". :biggrin:
There is also the southern tier.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pat Sinatra is in Woodstock. If you know anything about ink, you should be familiar with her work. She's world-class dude!! Lot's of great people up my way (Albany and north) as well as out roch-cha-cha way. Have you seen DHS's backpiece? It's the sh*t!!
Sick! I haven't seen DHS's backpiece, but I'll trust ya that there's good work to be had in the area. However, I would really need to get the piece I'm working on now finished up... working closely with the artist now and it's a really important piece to me, and equally important that he finishes it you know? Here we are about 2/3 into the linework and about 1/4 into the shading...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Do people live south of Sm-Albany? I only travel through that area on my way to Platty or diablo.
Didn't you just mention some tatoo artist living in Woodstock?

I liked her work, I have a somewhat impossible tatoo I've always wanted but I don't trust anybody local.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Sick! I haven't seen DHS's backpiece, but I'll trust ya that there's good work to be had in the area. However, I would really need to get the piece I'm working on now finished up... working closely with the artist now and it's a really important piece to me, and equally important that he finishes it you know? Here we are about 2/3 into the linework and about 1/4 into the shading...

I hear ya about wanting to finish what you started with the original artist. Oh, and here's a pic of DHS's back...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So I'm smelling a road trip coming on... after all, I may need to be at an interview soon... plus I owe a couple-three friends in NY a visit. Hmmmmm...

:think:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
#2. winter is good, you may want to trade the dirt scooter in for a snowmobile:biggrin:
This is good advice. Come winter sleds are the ticket for throttle junkies. Best of all, unlike a moto track, all sled trails lead to bars.:cheers:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh yeah and isn't there some really big Motocross race event in Unadilla every year? That's in and around Jacksonpt's neck of the woods or the "souther tier" right??

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Oh yeah and isn't there some really big Motocross race event in Unadilla every year? That's in and around Jacksonpt's neck of the woods or the "souther tier" right??
Awesome point. I'm more embarrassed to have missed that one than the Stoshfactor. (Sorry Stosh.) You will be within a few hours drive (or less) of Unadilla, Broome-Tioga and Southwick, and within half a days drive of Budd's Creek (where they're scheduled to hold 2007 MX des Nations), Steel City and High Point.

This tremendous benefit was the only thing I missed while living in Utah. (Okay, that and my wrench, Pkill and thick lush foliage. Though the humidity that makes that latter possible is for the birds.)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You will actually be able to witness spring, summer, winter, and fall.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Holy crap! I've been moderated! My first post that's seen over 3 pages EVAR and it gets banished to the Northeast forum...

:(

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Is Middletown really "upstate" ;) J/k I live in the Saratoga Springs area and find that I am aobut 3 hours from most of the awesome riding places around (Diablo, Jiminy Peak, Mt. Snow, P-kill, Whiteface, Kingdom Trails, Pittstown, Stewart, etc.)

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
I just moved from the Northeast to Colorado and I will admit that I miss NY and NH a tiny bit. However, I do not miss the mosquitoes and black flies, nor do I miss the 300 days a year of rain. That being said, there's some good riding to be done out there. Like everyone said, Diablo is close by and next to Whistler is the best riding I have done. I guess Whiteface has stepped it up too. Just be prepared for some crappy weather and make the most of it. It's not as bad as everyone says (sometimes).:brows:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I just moved from the Northeast to Colorado and I will admit that I miss NY and NH a tiny bit. However, I do not miss the mosquitoes and black flies, nor do I miss the 300 days a year of rain. That being said, there's some good riding to be done out there. Like everyone said, Diablo is close by and next to Whistler is the best riding I have done. I guess Whiteface has stepped it up too. Just be prepared for some crappy weather and make the most of it. It's not as bad as everyone says (sometimes).:brows:
Whiteface is great. I only made it up once this summer, but I definitely plan on hitting it more next year!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Alright, I haven't heard back from the jobby job, but I am assured that I am to receive a call-back at some point in the near future. I'll probably follow up this week. Still pretty excited to potentially make this move, but we'll see how the cards play out.

Thanks again for everyone's input!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
East coast is pretty good I'd say. Bring a shovel. Also bring some warm riding clothes...trust me you will ride in the winter. Just stay clear of long island:D