Quantcast

Thinking about building a trail legally.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Yo waddup.

Recently my buddy and I just started the first mountain bike club/team here at Montana State University and a bunch of us wanted to get a legal trail built with more jumps and berms. The riding scene in Bozeman is large but the trails are not good. Does anybody have experience with this? Perhaps any advice?

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I actually just emailed the head of the dirt concern so I will see what he says! I am going to push pretty hard to get a trail with some goddam berms and jumps built. There is one now but I think it is sub par.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
Thanks Boostindoubles, I spoke to the GVDC peeps and they said this kind of thing takes years but they are looking to build a flow trail. I need to generate more interest in the project like approvals, volunteers, land, etc. I need these things in order to prove to IMBA that it is a worthy project. I'll try anyway. I'm sure people would get motivated if I actually tried.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Right on, its worth trying IMO. Here in Yakima the MTB community never had a voice and as a result we didn't have any place to ride that was legit. In the last two years a friend of mine and I started a non-profit and connected with a landowner who wanted to develop 600+ acres of ridge for a trail system. We've got around 10 miles built with more on the way. We don't have any jump trails yet but once the XC system is established we can start building more 'fun' trails.