Quantcast

Thinking about fostering an animal?

likwid

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/vol/95565789.html

Reply to: see below
Date: 2005-09-05, 2:56PM CDT

Found this somewhere else and am posting it for them. The phones are busy a lot so email if you can!

Transport Provided to Anywhere - Room Desperately Needed! (For the Animal Victims of Katrina)

There is transportation provided, with people ready and waiting, for upwards of 200 dogs and 150 cats so far rescued from the devastation of hurricane Katrina. What these animals need is a place to go. Kennels, boarding, vets offices, shelters with any extra space, foster homes and rescues. Even one or two open kennels would greatly help.

From what we know, all animals have been vaccinated and are in good health considering the conditions. There are dogs and cats of every breed and size. Some are in groups of two, three or four, hailing from the same family, while some are solitary. ANY KENNEL SPACE AVAILABLE CAN CERTAINLY BE USED. These drivers are willing to move these animals ANYWHERE they need to go. Absolutely anywhere.

The current safe houses for these animals are being inundated and some of these pets will have to be euthanized if they are not moved to make room for the incoming animals.

Please feel free to pass on this information everywhere. Every forum, every list, every community.

REMEMBER THESE ANIMALS WILL BE TRANSPORTED TO YOU.

If you know anyone, anywhere, that is willing to take in even one cat or dog, please have them contact Lynda at the information provided below.

They are also asking for ANY kind of donations for the animals - money, food, bedding, water, etc.

Please Contact Lynda V. at: 203 515 3024 (cell)
Home: 203 227 5308
Email: Lynda@portone.com

likwid

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
I've got a Belgian Malinois that takes up all the time I have available. :( I wish I could take a few but I'm space limited too, if ya feel like reposting this elsewhere, please do! I know a few people who've e-mailed but are waiting for replies now!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Well just sent an email to see what we can do to help. With 3 already space is tight, but I think we could make it work for a bit until a pup could find a new home.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Thanks for posting...this is good information. I wonder how far they would be willing to transport an animal? I live in So Cal, and I might be able to swing another animal...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
If we didnt already have 4 rescue dogs in our household I'm sure we would be helping out. Besides basic pund rescues, my wide is a nut for animals. A few years back she paid to fly a dog home to us from Utah. It belonged to her brothers neighbor who didnt want it. The dog was a Siberian husky in a 12 x 12 year that was basically dying. We found her a good home within a week and last time i heard it was doing well.

Its good to see others willing to help People and Animals alike. The media sure loves it too......

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Dayum, I'm over my limit for cats at my apartment, but I'll be spreading the word to all my friends.

Hmm, think I might copy and paste this as an email, too.

Thanks for posting, likwid.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Now if only we could get a chihuhua as a foster maybe I could turn it into a "permenant foster" :devil:
(Something about chis has always fascinated me but I haven't had much sucess selling Freak on the idea!)