Quantcast

thinking about moving to CO

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
SkaredShtles said:
This is the saddest, saddest thing that I've read today. Powder skiing beats dope hands down.......

-S.S.-
My ex-chic did that. Turned from a XC super chic into a pot-head slouch and a biatch. You should have seen the places I took her and the things we did. But in the end....

Edit: it was REALLY sad to see someone on a downhill slide like that.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Pau11y said:
Plus, this will prob be the "whitest" town he's ever seen.
that's what I meant, I fvcking hate white people.

Basically, Denver is mostly white with some blacks and mexicans mixed in.

Sorry to sound all snobby, but Miami had a fair amount of all kinds of people. It was fun and interesting. The music, food, etc was diverse and you could really experience different living without having to travel more than an hour.

That said, I obviously wouldn't trade it for the mountains, cuz I do so love 'em, just warning people that this place isn't much more than that.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LordOpie said:
<snip>

That said, I obviously wouldn't trade it for the mountains, cuz I do so love 'em, just warning people that this place isn't much more than that.
Yup. Denver could get sucked down into giant sinkhole and I'd not really give two rats' asses........

-S.S.-

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
scrublover said:
nice pic; i'm wanting to ride that all the way through to breck this summer. i've only hit it up and back before. the secondary trail down is much nicer than the regular, IMO.

that's a ride i hit at least once a summer, sometimes twice. once in summer, once in fall when the leaves are turning.
I've only ridden up the main trail once. Jefferenson creek is such a pretty trail and usually deserted. The ride this pic was taken on was when I took it all the way to the Gold Hill parking in Breck. That is an AMAZING ride. :drool: It is definitely on my Ride list again this summer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Morryjg said:
I've only ridden up the main trail once. Jefferenson creek is such a pretty trail and usually deserted. The ride this pic was taken on was when I took it all the way to the Gold Hill parking in Breck. That is an AMAZING ride. :drool: It is definitely on my Ride list again this summer.
Hey! Nice..... ummmm..... purple helmet. :p

And there *is* no such trail as "Jefferson Creek"

Repeat: there is NO Jefferson Creek trail.........

-S.S.-

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
N8 said:
Plus there is a TON of housing in COSprings.... they WAY over-built the market there over the last several years.
Definitely. I'm up in the newer part of town where its mostly newer houses but even the Briargate area you could easily find houses from 100-350k.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
You guys have all kinds of great info. I am considering the move to Colorado. I am doing it for the mountain fun of course. I have thought of moving to Summit County but I am not sure I want to deal with the snow. I live in MI right now and I start to miss riding about this time of year. To be honest that might go away if I can ski on a real mountain.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
DHCorky said:
You guys have all kinds of great info. I am considering the move to Colorado. I am doing it for the mountain fun of course. I have thought of moving to Summit County but I am not sure I want to deal with the snow. I live in MI right now and I start to miss riding about this time of year. To be honest that might go away if I can ski on a real mountain.
Ohhhh... you wait till SS chimes in w/ his pictures...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Colorado front range sweetness. 5 of the 6 trails shown are within 20-30 minutes from downtown Denver. The last pic is about an hour from my house.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
DHCorky said:
Here's the scoop - if you live in Summit County you can drive 1-1/2 hours and ride on the Front Range. You can drive ~3 hrs and ride Fruita. ~4 hrs you'll be in Moab.

And you'll have this in your back yard. Keep in mind this was *closing* weekend at the *end* of April a few years ago.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Here's the scoop - if you live in Summit County you can drive 1-1/2 hours and ride on the Front Range. You can drive ~3 hrs and ride Fruita. ~4 hrs you'll be in Moab.

And you'll have this in your back yard. Keep in mind this was *closing* weekend at the *end* of April a few years ago.

Exactly. I mean, it's easily 55* down here in the springs today but tomorrow I'm going up boarding at Breck. :D

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Ok, my turn. This is NOT where I live, but shots from around CO & UT.
Fisher Towers & LaSals in the background, Moab, UT

Onion Creek area, Moab, UT

O'Haver Lake Campground, Salida, CO

Mary's Loop, Fruita, CO

Highline Campgound, Fruita, CO

By Colorado River, Fruita, CO (I think it was the Coloado, could be the Green)

My back yark, Steamboat Springs, CO

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
LordOpie said:
Hey man, he wasn't talking about YOU.

He was talking about your parents.

I kid, I joke... how could I not swing at such a softball pitch :D
I've been trying to come up with some sort of wise a$$ come back to this, but I can't. I don't know what to do now.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
Sure go and post pictures to torture those of us that are stuck in the cold. My solution for riding is to drive 3 hours and ride Ray's MTB park.

Now I just want to move out to CO sooner. I just need to get back out there. I have not been to CO in over 4 years. I used to go for at least 7 days every year since I was 8.

Thanks for all the input guys.