Quantcast

thinking of getting a , , , ,

sniperfodder

Chimp
Mar 20, 2005
the short list so far is either a Rocky Mountain Blizzard (steel frame with XT), or a Rocky mountain Vertex 50 (lighter frame , mix of XT and LX I think).

They are not exactly in the same price range. I'm still looking, and hoping to have made up my mind by early April.

Any idea's

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
As hucker said, steel is real. Plus, it's full XT.

On another note...will it be raced? Or just ridden for fun? Those may be a factor in your decision. But, after looking at the bikes on RM's site, the Blizzard looks nicer if you're riding recreationally(maybe with a few races thrown in).

sniperfodder

Chimp
Mar 20, 2005
MtnbikeMike said:
As hucker said, steel is real. Plus, it's full XT.

On another note...will it be raced? Or just ridden for fun? Those may be a factor in your decision. But, after looking at the bikes on RM's site, the Blizzard looks nicer if you're riding recreationally(maybe with a few races thrown in).

thanks to all for the replies.
to answer your question, 1) fun, 2) a few race's, AR type stuff, where I also tend to have to tow a slower dude or two. Some 24 hours stuff maybe.

Think I'm leaning toward the Blizzard, but I want to demo a Devinci Desperado as well.

HOOWAH

Monkey
Sep 16, 2001
portland, maine USA
the blizzard is a very nice looking bike. are you sure about the dual control shift/brakes though? The price take is pretty high compared to a kona kula deluxe with similar parts spec and a fox frl 100mm fork. If you get a deal on the rocky you might get it for what the kona retails for. the only thing is that the kona is aluminum. i was debating these two bikes for a while and finally ordered the kona. It should be in this week. If your interested i will write up the initial impressions.

T

HOOWAH

Monkey
Sep 16, 2001
portland, maine USA
Picked up the kula deluxe this morning.

I think it's really nice. It's very clean, the tubing is detailled, the parts spec is nice, the paint is nice (i think it's somewhat good looking), the dropouts are detailled.

I'll try to post some pics, but really it looks exactly like the pics on the kona site....

T