Quantcast

thinking of moving?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Most of my spots are Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Washington, with a couple other oddballs (Asheville) thrown in there.

Colorado Springs was the first one to come up.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
That's really cool...but it recommended a few places you wouldn't catch me dead living...Suckra...I mean Sacramento and L.A.! Hawaii was the top one...I think I confused it. I guess you do the quiz with where you want to live 365 days a year...Hawaii...how the hell can I snowboard in Hawaii??? I'm gonna try it again...I guess telling it I like it hotter than hell and also that I like a blanket of snow on the ground probably sent it haywire.

Kinda funny that Vegas, Santa Cruz and New Orleans were in there...

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Very cool,...

Cedar City, UT, Moab, UT, Grand Junction, CO, Colorado Springs, CO, Fountain Hills, AZ, Boise, ID, SAn Marcos, TX, Tooele-Grantsville, Utah, Fredericksburg, TX, Springville, UT, Bisbee, AZ, Fort Collins, CO, etc,...

I just sent it off to my wife... maybe we'll have some matches.

I don't know about the whole Utah thing, but I've often thought about Colorado Springs, or Ft. Collins

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
dh girlie said:
DC(again ?)
it's probably picking up on your love of ballet.
We've got lots of ballet and opera.

I am pretty much living within 100 miles of about 4 recommended spots.

It also said that I should live in West Virginia, Oregon, and Vermont.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
Damn...I told that calculator I hated humidity...it would be hair hell for me. I need very dry weather for my hayer...it gets all f'd up lookin and wavy in moist weather...
Ahahahahhaha! Me too! The first weekend I met my wife's parents we were at her family reunion in St. Louis, MO in the middle of summer. I took a shower in the hotel and just let my hair dry (didn't pull it into a ponytail) - holy $hit I had hair that looked like Carrot Top's! :eek:

Although my hair is brown, not red like that........

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Ahahahahhaha! Me too! The first weekend I met my wife's parents we were at her family reunion in St. Louis, MO in the middle of summer. I took a shower in the hotel and just let my hair dry (didn't pull it into a ponytail) - holy $hit I had hair that looked like Carrot Top's! :eek:

Although my hair is brown, not red like that........

-S.S.-
In Mexico it's the same way...I didn't even bother bringing my hayer dryer and flat iron or straightening gel...Just brought a tight bristled brush and stiff gel and slicked it back in a tight, low pony tail. I call that my 'sophisticated look'...even while drunk off my ass dancing on a bar or singing with the mariachis I looked sophisticated! :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
dh girlie said:
how the hell can I snowboard in Hawaii???
http://www.hawaiisnowskiclub.com/Mk/index.html

my recommendations:

1. seattle (guess i picked right myself)
2. knoxville, tn (is ft. knox nearby? time to brush up on safecracking)
3. cincinnati, oh (visited there the summer before last and liked it)
4. charleston, sc (one of my old roommates thinks this is the ideal city)
5. norfolk, va (one of my friends plays in virginia symphony out of here, how did they know? :D)
6. jacksonville, fl (isn't florida flat? hmm)
12. asheville, nc
18. tacoma, wa (where i spent the second half of childhood/high school)
21. kent, wa
24. bellingham, wa

basically it's what i expected -- pac nw -- with some southwest curveballs thrown in. i guess i should give that region of the country a chance. if only duke med had let me in ;)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Top 5 are:

1)Joseph, Oregon
2)Lincoln City, Oregon
3)Eagle River, Wisconsin :confused:
4)Elkins, West Virginia
5)LaPointe, Wisconsin
6)Johnson Vermont

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
dh girlie said:
Ummm...thanks, but how about NO...the first 3 lines deterred me immediately! I'd love to go to Hawaii for lots of other stuff...but snowboarding is definitely NOT one of em when I have Tahoe in my sorta backyard! :D
sure it may be horrible snow, but overall i think living in maui (or anywhere in hawaii but the urban jungle of honolulu) would be unbeatable :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Cool site... mostly AZ for me, with a few CO and UT. The occasionaly oddball (like Albany and Harrisburgh) thrown in for good measure.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
Ummm...thanks, but how about NO...the first 3 lines deterred me immediately!
"There are no lifts, no grooming, no resort, but a road goes to the summit to serve the dozen or so world class observatories located at the summit. You must have a 4-wheel drive vehicle to get to the summit, which serves as your "lift." "

at least you could have a real reason for owning an SUV then. :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
"There are no lifts, no grooming, no resort, but a road goes to the summit to serve the dozen or so world class observatories located at the summit. You must have a 4-wheel drive vehicle to get to the summit, which serves as your "lift." "

at least you could have a real reason for owning an SUV then. :D
Would you get off my case about my car? I'm sure you'd be very approving if I had an outback wagon...the only difference between the outback wagon and the jeep is the height. I like being up high...it could be a little persons complex or it could be the fact that I like to see all the assholes around me...not just the immediate ones! :D

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Bellingham, WA
Olympia, WA
Phoenix, AZ (nasty!)
Tuscon, Az
St. George, UT

Trouble

Chimp
Sep 16, 2004
Funky Town
Well I am thinking of moving to Cedar City..
What's the dope on the town? Riding? Trails? Etc?

Am I just stupid for leaving the singletrack glory of Harrisonburg, VA?

-JW

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
You know - I don't remember anywhere in that questionairre being asked about my interest in easy and inexpensive access to quality alcohol.... :p

That would eliminate Moab right away.

-S.S.-
It does ask if you like the night life...you like to boogie. I listed that as strongly agree..maybe that's why it chose Vegas and New Orleans for me...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
It does ask if you like the night life...you like to boogie. I listed that as strongly agree..maybe that's why it chose Vegas and New Orleans for me...
Yeah - I could give a rat's ass about nightlife. Of course, that's because I'm asleep every night by 9:30. :p

-S.S.-

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
You know - I don't remember anywhere in that questionairre being asked about my interest in easy and inexpensive access to quality alcohol.... :p

That would eliminate Moab right away.

-S.S.-
actually, the state wine shop in Moab had some good deals. we had a bottle of Jordan cab w/ grilled steak one night and it was cheaper than retail out here. i've still got a silver oak which i brought back w/ me. it was probably $30 cheaper than buying it here.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
1. Hickory, NC
2. Scottsdale, AZ
3. Lynchburg, VA
4. Asheville, NC
5. Phoenix, AZ

I always figured I'd end up in VA/NC or AZ so I guess it's pretty close. I get completely different results when I take the survey at Bestplaces.net