Hot Springs-Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

meh
meh
Rainville
AL

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
you must have said that you love snow, rain, and small towns, jbp :D . newport (classical) music festival is sweet tho!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Lewison, Maine??: There is clearly a severe error with this profiling. :D Lewiston is the @$$hole of the state.

And Camden... No hippies there. Yuppies who may have thought they were wild back in the 60's and 70's, sounds more like it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
actually, the state wine shop in Moab had some good deals. we had a bottle of Jordan cab w/ grilled steak one night and it was cheaper than retail out here. i've still got a silver oak which i brought back w/ me. it was probably $30 cheaper than buying it here.
Easy was also a requirement. State wine stores are scarce as hen's teeth.

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Easy was also a requirement. State wine stores are scarce as hen's teeth.

-S.S.-
State wine stores...thats just weird...but I guess it's not all that uncommon...

but what's REALLY weird is the beer and wine stores in Whistler...I was up there snowboarding once and I was looking for COLD beer in a liquor store...silly me for thinking that cold beer should be available in a liquor store :rolleyes: anyway, a store stock guy overheard me saying where is the cold beer? And he got all pissy and said...duh...in a beer and wine store...and I was like huh? And he told me that cold beer is only sold in a beer and wine store...he was being a total dick. Anyway, I was like oh ok, guess I'll find a beer and wine store...and he goes well you're going to pay more for it...and I was like yeah? how much more? and he goes like 3 or 4 dollars for a twelve pack...and by this time I'd had enough of his rudeness and I go 3 or 4 dollars, huh...Canadian or US dollars? He flipped out...HA..dick!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Ahahahahahaha. 'Round here the only people that go to Red Robin are people with liddle kids........ :p

-S.S.-
And you're point is? :rolleyes:

So what...they have the BEST chicken strips. We don't have many Red Robin's around here...it's such a shame. I don't notice too many kids in the restaurant...it's Armadillo Willy's you can't go into without people letting their kids run and scream like wild maniacs...god I hate that...control your brats!

Oh...and RR's grilled cheese is awesome too!

dh girlie said:
And you're point is? :rolleyes:

So what...they have the BEST chicken strips. We don't have many Red Robin's around here...it's such a shame. I don't notice too many kids in the restaurant...it's Armadillo Willy's you can't go into without people letting their kids run and scream like wild maniacs...god I hate that...control your brats!

Oh...and RR's grilled cheese is awesome too!
With a name like that, I'd expect they'd have earthworms on the menu.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
<snip>but what's REALLY weird is the beer and wine stores in Whistler...I was up there snowboarding once and I was looking for COLD beer in a liquor store...silly me for thinking that cold beer should be available in a liquor store :rolleyes:
Have you *never* seen Strange Brew?!?!? :think:

Everything you need to know about Canadian alcohol purchases you can learn from that movie. :thumb:

There is even a trick to getting free beer from the Canucks.

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Oh boy...THAT was clever...:D

It's sooo good. If you want, they will give you more of their delicious steak fries...I've never taken em up on it, cuz they give you enough to begin with, but its a nice gesture.
Their fries suck. Although they're almost always hot. :thumb:

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Have you *never* seen Strange Brew?!?!? :think:

Everything you need to know about Canadian alcohol purchases you can learn from that movie. :thumb:

There is even a trick to getting free beer from the Canucks.

-S.S.-

Thanks...thanks a lot...now I will have that gay ass rush song take off...to the great white north take off...stuck in my mind all day... :mad:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
No way! their fries kick ass! What in tarnation would you consider a 'good' fry...oh wait...you're a freakin hippy...you like the chilis type of fries...that's probably what you like.
Chilis? Everything at that place sucks. I haven't been to a Chilis in probably a decade or more.

I hate to admit it, but McDs has the best fries of anyone........ :(

My biggest complaint is when a restaurant bring me out fries that aren't piping hot. I even ask 'em now if they'll be hot. And if they're not - I let 'em try again. :D

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Chilis? Everything at that place sucks. I haven't been to a Chilis in probably a decade or more.

I hate to admit it, but McDs has the best fries of anyone........ :(

My biggest complaint is when a restaurant bring me out fries that aren't piping hot. I even ask 'em now if they'll be hot. And if they're not - I let 'em try again. :D

-S.S.-
Oh hell yeah McDonalds fries do rock. But I don't understand why you wouldn't like those steak fries at Red Robin? what is there to not like? But yes...they must be piping hot...and none of the bottom of the basket fries...I get so disappointed when I get 'bottom of the basket' fries. Its not like I eat fries every day or even every week so when I do partake in french fried taters, I prefer them to be robust full size fries that are HOT. With lots of Heinz ketchup...or is it catsup?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Oh hell yeah McDonalds fries do rock. But I don't understand why you wouldn't like those steak fries at Red Robin? what is there to not like? But yes...they must be piping hot...and none of the bottom of the basket fries...I get so disappointed when I get 'bottom of the basket' fries. Its not like I eat fries every day or even every week so when I do partake in french fried taters, I prefer them to be robust full size fries that are HOT. With lots of Heinz ketchup...or is it catsup?
I don't like thick fries like that. I like 'em crispy hot with just a *little* soft and squishy on the inside. The "bottom" fries have an added problem - they're almost always cold by the time you get to 'em. They should serve fries in baskets with those little hot stones in the bottom to keep 'em hot.......

I probably only get fries about once a month.

Oh - and the other day I saw catsup spelled "catchup". WTF?? :confused:

-S.S.-

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Loveland, Colorado
Denver, Colorado
Seattle, Washington
Salt Lake City, Utah
Provo-Orem, Utah
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Fort Collins, Colorado
Knoxville, Tennessee
Cincinnati, Ohio
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Greenville, South Carolina
Norfolk, Virginia
Kent, Washington
Charleston, South Carolina
Tacoma, Washington
Ogden, Utah
Asheville, North Carolina
Boise, Idaho
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Hickory, North Carolina
Olympia, Washington
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Bellingham, Washington
Charlotte, North Carolina

Penn, and Ohio...nofreakinway, WA..probably not. The rest...yeah, I could do most of those.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Damn True said:
Loveland, Colorado
Denver, Colorado
Seattle, Washington
Salt Lake City, Utah
Provo-Orem, Utah
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Fort Collins, Colorado
<snip>
Penn, and Ohio...nofreakinway, WA..probably not. The rest...yeah, I could do most of those.
So WTF are you waiting for, exactly? ;)

-S.S.-