Quantcast

Thinking of using Bullcrew for anodizing? Might want to reconsider

stanky_dlx

Chimp
Dec 16, 2003
Hotlanta
Now I've bought and sold quite a few things on this board without any problems so it pains me to do this but at this point I feel I've been more than patient.

4/8/06 - Contacted Bullcrew to anodize some Hope brake levers for me.
Agreed on price, paid via paypal and shipped levers.

4/13/06 - Thurs: Bullcrew acknowleges receipt of levers and tells me "I'll
have them done by friday and shipped."

4/28/06 - PM Bullcrew about levers as I have not received them yet.

5/1/06 - Mon: Bullcrew responds "They are shipping wed afternoon, I
have them lotted for the run with additional parts including my
own. I'll keep you posted and get them asap to you."

5/10/06 - PM Bullcrew to refund my $ and return the levers as I can't
wait any longer for them.

Bullcrew responds "I'll get em out this morning. I have been
out of the shop for a while, they should be done though. I'll get
em shipped right away. Sorry for the delay."

5/16/06 - Receive refund via paypal.

5/30/06 - PM Bullcrew that levers have not been received.

Bullcrew responds "...went out 9 days ago usps, I have to go
there to for a package notice pick up. I'll check to see, they are
insured..." "I'll get it done. Expect a PM from me regarding
them no later than tomorrow afternoon."

5/31/06 - Bullcrew PM's me. "Got my package, rather your package.(torn
packing, no damage to levers just the outside of box) Thats
what the pickup notice was for. Anyhow it is now going fedex to
you now. I am on my way there in 30 minutes and then I'll
send you the tracking #. I have a couple of errands to run as
well but I'll get you the info asasp."

6/12/06 - PM Bullcrew that I have not received the tracking # and the
levers have not been received.

6/21/06 - Still no response from Bullcrew and no levers.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I have to vouch for the guy.

Sent him an Azonic in pieces right before x-mas. Told him I needed them quick as quick. Got them done and back to me in three days.

Dunno if anything has changed in six months, but he worked out great for me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Tattooo said:
One out of 100 is bad? Jesus.
You didn't read the comments. There were several comments about late shipping or "shipping screwups" that still resulted in positive feedback.

rideagainst

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
CA
binary visions said:
You didn't read the comments. There were several comments about late shipping or "shipping screwups" that still resulted in positive feedback.
Isn't he just doing this as a side project from his work? I can imagine him getting backed up/ not being able to get to the machines pretty easily.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
rideagainst said:
Isn't he just doing this as a side project from his work? I can imagine him getting backed up/ not being able to get to the machines pretty easily.
ok, but does that explain why he sitll hasnt gotten his levers back? even a month after getting his money refunded in paypal for the anodizing?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Enough said! YES I should have handled it after the usps incident myself. They have been overnighted fed ex and he will have the tracking #.
I am not going to explain myslef for reasons that are mine and the legalsystem for now.
As far as Absolute Finish is concerned and doing ano for them, I am no longer there! That is part of the issues for the moment.

So Yes, no excuses it is my fault and the delay was absolutely unnacceptable!
As far as ebay goes, 1 item was lost and eventually delivered. The individual filed an item not recieved. I checked the number with usps and it verified delivery date and time (he recieved it the day before he filed) and yes he was given a partial refund. He should not have been given it due to the dishonesty but thats life and he's happy now that he got something.

As far as ano goes it's done and in the court systems so no more items or rm hookups.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
binary visions said:
Yes and 1 was a delay on my behalf and the other was a shipping issue. I take that back and individual bought my deemax's last year and they were stuck in customs for over 3 weeks.
And again notice the feedbacks are still positive, I respond as quickly as possible and when I can. People with 100% feedback on ebay and big numbers take a loss, it's called give em what they want to keep our feedback at 100% for better numbers or allowable loss/writeoff).
I don't do it for a living just unload when needed and to take a hit for a positive feedback isn't my style. I refunded partial to the guy because i felt bad and before I checked the shipping status, had i know he recieved it and tried to BS me I would not have given him a refund.
I accept blame there as well when situtions arrise vs. pawning blame.

Sorry!

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
not to say stanky doesn' have a legitamite concern, but bullcrew did some wrok for me and I was very happy with the quality and turn around time. Hope it all gets sorted out.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
stanky_dlx said:
5/10/06 - PM Bullcrew to refund my $ and return the levers as I can't
wait any longer for them.

5/16/06 - Receive refund via paypal.
Hmmm... You got your money back, and the levers...

Bullcrew is a good guy. Sucks about your levers, but deals here on RM don't always go perfectly. You got your cake, and you got to eat it, too. It sounds like there were real issues with the shipping, but Bullcrew came out and apologized about it.

No need to drag T-man's name through the mud here in the Bad Sellers forum. You should get over it, delete this thread, and go ride your bike with the blinged out levers.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:rolleyes: Yep... eventually.

He got to wait three months for them when they were promised within a week. There were clearly problems on bullcrew's end but he was NOT straightforward or honest about them, it was just promise after promise of "tomorrow".

That is what this forum is for - to post bad transactions. People can decide for themselves whether or not the apology is sufficient for them.

bullcrew... I'm not ripping on you here. But this is clearly a bad transaction and that's what this forum is for - we got both sides of the story, and people can make up their own minds.

C

CQB

My tip for the day !It is applicable to this thread..

If your going to send Lights/broken charger-Platform pedals-seat--a shortened Connix Chain--XTR Derailer all in one box "Wrap them up & don't just throw it all in there like a bunch of scrap parts".

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Want to clarify that, CQB?

Was this something that happened to you? Was it someone in this thread?

This is a Bad Seller forum. If you're going to post, don't throw up a mysterious and vague implication. State what happened.

C

CQB

No huge deal,guess the person i'm talking about had a brain fart. But still amazes me..! Yep,ok.... it's Bullcrew,happy now !
I wasn't going to call the person out on that on the forum. It's been about a year ago,so maybe his packaging skills have improved ...lol

peas.............

Lucky7

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
Chicago
Hey T,
if you're reading this, can you please let me know when I'm getting my frame and parts back since it's been another couple of weeks?

B

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I sent my parts to Bullcrew on a Monday and had them back by the following Monday. He is a great guy. Sheet just happens. They guy is always super busy. His rep is better than Beyond Bikes.... :)