Quantcast

(((: Third Hiss Day :)))

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I thought about doing any kind of upper-body workout and my shoulder cried. I might just have to start focusing on doing leg, core, and cardio workouts with the hope that I don't lose my grip strength long-term.
any update on your surgery? prob not huh.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh yeah... here. Small child woke up a 12:45 and 1am. I fell asleep in the chair in her room for an hour with her in my lap and now my neck is sore.

2 of 3 meetings have no-showed so far today, but I know the next one at least will because she's emailed me 4x to confirm it, including yesterday. Boss reassigned our territories slightly to give our under performing rep the smaller value accounts, but realistically they fit her personality better anyways. She's done better in them historically and she's just getting more of the other rep's exposure and we're taking her higher value accounts, as we're over performers. Does mean that I have to drive way up to North Metro now though, which sucks because it's 45min away. Oh well, I make money when driving the Bolt up there.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Did 80 the day before yesterday, and had to take yesterday off. But I did ride almost 40 miles at an average of 172 watts, which is amazing given that it’s a new knee and all. Feeling pretty psyched at the progress.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I tried a few planks and variables, and was shaking like a dog crapping chicken bones after about 90-100 seconds.
(50yo, going on dead apparently)
Congrats old man! (I hit 50 in November.) Planks and that kind of stuff definitely get easier for me when I do them regularly, even if that only means once a week. Getting to a base level is tough when you start from scratch but once you get there it's easier to maintain.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Continuing with the painting of our kitchen cabinets. I'm in no rush, and having to do 3-4 coats to cover the old finish takes time, yet the finish is rather nice, as long as the dogs don't rub up against the lower cabinets.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Forced day off today, so ignoring anything to do with work.

Didn't fully realize tomorrow was a holiday, so bonus 4 day weekend?

Went shopping this afternoon and am hoping I got enough crap to last a week, those lines sucked.

Maybe I'll grab a beer and go take a look at the bikes in the shed.

The wind is absolutely howling off the lake right now....and there has been hints of white shit falling from the sky. :(

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Forced day off today, so ignoring anything to do with work.

Didn't fully realize tomorrow was a holiday, so bonus 4 day weekend?

Went shopping this afternoon and am hoping I got enough crap to last a week, those lines sucked.

Maybe I'll grab a beer and go take a look at the bikes in the shed.

The wind is absolutely howling off the lake right now....and there has been hints of white shit falling from the sky. :(
We just did our first online grocery

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yeah well I'm not giving up the eating or drinking, if anything I'm doing more of both. Plus, fun riding options are bit limited at the moment, so I gotta do something.

You know the "freshman 15"? I'm trying to avoid the "Covid-19". :D
My plan, before le plague, was to not worry about gaining too much weight because the AT thru hike would take care of that. My Dr. told me it wasn’t a bad thing to start with a few extra pounds.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Howd it go? Delivery or pickup?
Well the IGA website is crap so it's tedious. It's pickup only for us and you have to choose a time frame in advance. Closest for us was next Monday at 15h00. They text you when order is ready and bring it to your car in the parking lot. So we'll see next Monday!

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
35 pushups. go 29er 32/16 on anything with 1000ft per 10 miles of climbing average and if the burn gets you be getting used to the heat and ride more and better. SoCal rain, it's wet like your moment jumping into a river. ;) My gourd is board. also trying to balance my strength onto the left. moar left handed things, my muscle imbalance really clouds my thinking.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
35 pushups. go 29er 32/16 on anything with 1000ft per 10 miles of climbing average and if the burn gets you be getting used to the heat and ride more and better. SoCal rain, it's wet like your moment jumping into a river. ;) My gourd is board. also trying to balance my strength onto the left. moar left handed things, my muscle imbalance really clouds my thinking.
I recommend ‘the Stranger’ for 1000 reps, or until the point of exhaustion.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well the IGA website is crap so it's tedious. It's pickup only for us and you have to choose a time frame in advance. Closest for us was next Monday at 15h00. They text you when order is ready and bring it to your car in the parking lot. So we'll see next Monday!
Hope it works out. We'll be doing that next time as well, it's just too bad that the cheaper grocery stores don't have the pickup service here.

Also I miss IGA, they're pretty much gone over here. They were the only 24 hours store where I grew up for a while which was awesome for when you got the munchies. And their fresh food was always good!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got a phone call from one of the top heads at our two buildings telling me to lock the doors for the next 3 weeks. Welp... guess I better come up with enough tasks to stay working now....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
how's traffic these days?
It sounds similar to here in Toronto....

The "401" freeway here is usually a non-stop traffic jam from like 5:30am to 8pm. Or 24 hours per day if there is construction.

Now Google is actually recommending it as a route to take. Have not EVER seen that.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just made a food delivery order at a local company that normally caters to businesses and restaurants. Flour, chili peppers, Serrano ham, fancy cheese - all in stock, although a lot of stuff is only available in 10+lbs volumes.
Pizza shall be good this weekend.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
It sounds similar to here in Toronto....

The "401" freeway here is usually a non-stop traffic jam from like 5:30am to 8pm. Or 24 hours per day if there is construction.

Now Google is actually recommending it as a route to take. Have not EVER seen that.

The 401 is the worlds busiest hiway - volume north of 500 000 vehicles a day in the Weston road area.

1586481487303.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just made a food delivery order at a local company that normally caters to businesses and restaurants. Flour, chili peppers, Serrano ham, fancy cheese - all in stock, although a lot of stuff is only available in 10+lbs volumes.
Pizza shall be good this weekend.
I got prosciutto and figs for pizza this weekend.