Quantcast

>>> Third slay mawning <<<

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Wife is bummed out about this weekend, but she gets the big picture. That frees me up to work on the escape pod, so I'm cool with it. Folks are starting to realize that this might be the new norm for a bit longer than anticipated. Good times.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Wife is bummed out about this weekend, but she gets the big picture. That frees me up to work on the escape pod, so I'm cool with it. Folks are starting to realize that this might be the new norm for a bit longer than anticipated. Good times.
it seems....

1585850659846.png

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
On the major highway leading up north, every exits got a couple of SQ cars waiting. You need a sign document attesting you have reasons to be there. It's to limit those who spend 5 days in Mtl and come to their cottage on the weekend, or other that while off work just decide to stroll along up north for the day.
There was an interesting article today about how rich folks are taking the virus with them to their vacation home or renting long term in the sticks causing issues with smaller communities that don't have the medical infrastructure to deal.

Skamania county has spray painted signs "Locals Only" and the locals are checking out of state and unfamiliar cars themselves. That's where our rental was.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
There was an interesting article today about how rich folks are taking the virus with them to their vacation home or renting long term in the sticks causing issues with smaller communities that don't have the medical infrastructure to deal.

Skamania county has spray painted signs "Locals Only" and the locals are checking out of state and unfamiliar cars themselves. That's where our rental was.
Some Montrealers tried to "flee" to Yukon just to be turned around "manu militari" by the locals.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

i wish i had not deleted david geffens instagram post about riding this out on his yacht....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
If only they could have known... if only someone had passed along the information.

But, alas, this really came out of left field. No way anyone could have known.

:mad:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If only they could have known... if only someone had passed along the information.

But, alas, this really came out of left field. No way anyone could have known.

:mad:
yeah....all our elected officials were really wringing their hands with worry in december....january even....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I haven't played many phone games since Playhaven imploded. But all this time got me playing Golf King World Tour. I made the wife a promise we would golf more this year but with things the way they are, it kinda works. It isn't tough yet still somehow just as frustrating as the real thing. :rofl:

It's head to head single hole matches with a one shot closest to hole shootout if tied.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Accomplished some work today. I had 3 hours to work and got a decent amount done, but Wifey has sent the girls back into the basement. I cannot wait until Monday when we can start sending Hannah to daycare again.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
run was ran. 4 painless miles without unnecessary stoppage.
now banana pancakes and second latté.
getting used to that pandemic situation.
roadblocks are up #covidzombies #getoffmylawn
SQ (Quebec Provincial police) set up roadblocks at the end of all 5 bridges crossing into Gatineau yesterday. They were turning all people around who weren't travelling for essential or humanitarian reasons. I'm really perplexed by this. The "National Capital Region" really is an integrated area, kinda like DC. It really feels like the old days of "you Ontarians just stay out of our country". What's even more perplexing about the situation is that the majority of Gatineau residents actually come to Ottawa for medical care, so it's not like Ontarians would be placing an undue burden on Quebec health care facilities.

I'm really very annoyed by the situation because going for a run or bike ride that takes you on a loop of the bridges is a really nice way to get around here. And none of it goes through residential areas, it's all forested multi-use pathways....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
SQ (Quebec Provincial police) set up roadblocks at the end of all 5 bridges crossing into Gatineau yesterday. They were turning all people around who weren't travelling for essential or humanitarian reasons. I'm really perplexed by this. The "National Capital Region" really is an integrated area, kinda like DC. It really feels like the old days of "you Ontarians just stay out of our country". What's even more perplexing about the situation is that the majority of Gatineau residents actually come to Ottawa for medical care, so it's not like Ontarians would be placing an undue burden on Quebec health care facilities.

I'm really very annoyed by the situation because going for a run or bike ride that takes you on a loop of the bridges is a really nice way to get around here. And none of it goes through residential areas, it's all forested multi-use pathways....
Are you saying your bike ride is humanitarian? I think desperate times calls for desperate measures. If Gatineau was a hotspot of covaids, would you be for OPP screening at the bridges?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My XBox has been working overtime the last couple weeks. I think I might need to build some kicker ramps this weekend 'for the kids'.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damnit. I thought I felt the clutch slip in 3rd gear yesterday. It's now doing it in 2nd and 3rd if the rpms are low enough.

Ugh wrong time for an expense like that... :(

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If Gatineau was a hotspot of covaids, would you be for OPP screening at the bridges?
That's a fair question. I think not. Besides, that is the current situation now. Ontario is not preventing anyone from coming into the province.

I know (from experience) we have much better hospitals, with much more capacity here. So I think if people needed medical attention, I'd be inclined to say "let them come" if they needed treatment.

I also think we are not in full "lock down" yet. Physical distancing is still what is prescribed. I think that if we can maintain proper social distance, what does it matter whether you are from Ottawa or Gatineau? I am physically closer to Gatineau than most of Ottawa. Also, I don't see what the harm is of being in the forest, not touching anything.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but nothing I've read so far leads me to believe being in the forest contributes to the spread of the virus, it's the physical proximity, and the touching of common surfaces that is the problem.

But again, I'm trying to keep an open mind, and I'm willing to listen to the voice of reason...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I'm trying to keep an open mind, but nothing I've read so far leads me to believe being in the forest contributes to the spread of the virus, it's the physical proximity, and the touching of common surfaces that is the problem.

But again, I'm trying to keep an open mind, and I'm willing to listen to the voice of reason...
Well of course being alone in the forest does not cause any harm, but in this situation you have to hunt down the lowest common denominator, which is some humans are dumb. They will flock to the trailheads, share beer, handshake, pet other people dogs and then, times 3 times 3 times 3 and you got a situation. Ford has been minimizing the situation in Ontario, as was seen today after cbc's inquiry into the death toll. We will see scary numbers in your province in the next 7 days as the spring breakers will start showing signs of the illness.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Found the Culprit. A fucking Chain Ring Bolt. The MB3 cannot make unnecessary noise.
MB3.jpg

Current setup. Needs short bolts to take off the Rock Ring which I do not have.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
FS Just closed down a few local trailhead parking areas. From my experience This just means that other points are going to be jammed with cars everywhere and along the roads. Anywhere they can fit. I wish the tourists would get the memo and go home!

Last edited: