Quantcast

^ Third stay ^

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yesterday I dropped a coffee mug a friend made for me as a housewarming gift a few years ago. It's broken. I'm a little sad, but she did make me two back then so I have the other one still.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i have a meeting at 10, trying to decide if i should go shovel, or just sit here drinking coffee and staring out the window at the snow.

also entertaining the idea of digging out the fire pit and having a bonfire. because why not?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Working 2-10 with various this and that beforehand.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
NEsnowmonkey.com

The severe lack of winter here means the battery in the plow truck was dead yesterday when I tried to spin it around the block. Gave it a jump start and drove it around for 30 minutes yesterday, but not enough to recharge, so it's probably dead again already. I should go plug in a charger while the weather is dry...

NEsnowmonkey.com

The severe lack of winter here means the battery in the plow truck was dead yesterday when I tried to spin it around the block. Gave it a jump start and drove it around for 30 minutes yesterday, but not enough to recharge, so it's probably dead again already. I should go plug in a charger while the weather is dry...
If you have run the battery flat it's junk. Purchase another and charge it regularly.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
my youngest turned 8 today. he was in the hospital a year ago with a feeding tube running through his nose. this year is much better! sunny and cold outside. he wants food from my favourite pub for dinner (they're doing take-out now), so I'm happy to oblige. my wife decorated the house with balloons and ribbon and stuff, and he was very happy when he woke up. It's the little things...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If you have run the battery flat it's junk. Purchase another and charge it regularly.
Agreed the battery may be kaput, but I'd rather try and charge it first to see if it will hold the charge rather than just trash it straight away. We've had no real snow since ~December, a normal winter it would get used frequently.

If it is kaput it's still got plenty of warranty for a new swap replacement.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had to do my yearly business goals and objectives with my boss today. Half of them are copied and pasted from leadership flow-down. When we got to one in particular I went off on an angry rant and went on the record about how it was a bunch of hypocritical bullshit, shared stories of my first hand experiences where executives behaved in the exact opposite manner.

Probably not a good move for my career, but damn it felt good.

Edit: "my career" LOL

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This is a 20+ year old GMC K2500 with a plow blade on the front, nothing new about it :)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Lunch with Director of position I'd be interviewing for went really well. Told me that of the people he's met with already (all internal referrals) I'm in the top-5 if not top-3 and will be unquestionably getting a formal interview. Did make an interesting comment at the end that when I apply that I make sure to tell my manager early on. Given how I fit into my company silo (govt vs. corp or non-profit), I'm an upper 7-9% revenue generator, and he expects my manager through VP will be making a hard stand to keep me. So even if out of the final group I don't get it, I'm able to lever it to my advantage. I was a bit surprised by that, but it does say a lot about how he treats his employees to get as much as possible for them.

Also have a board meeting tomorrow with a client I share with one of his team members. So I'll be doing an informal hiring presentation. Should make for an interesting next week or two...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I was told 3-5" of snow today and so far I ain't seen shit! See how today shakes out, but the snowmagedon is a bust so far.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My Land Cruiser lives on a Battery Tender Jr. because in reality we need about 1.05 cars these days.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My Land Cruiser lives on a Battery Tender Jr. because in reality we need about 1.05 cars these days.
Same. I barely drive the Subaru. Hannah goes to school in the am and gets picked up in the afternoon. If it's <20*, we might take Haley and the neighbor girls to school if their parent's don't. Skiing? We usually all go. Errands? We usually all go. If we were a little closer to the city, I doubt we'd need two cars.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Chasing you at 40 days...
Right behind you at 6 hours...

Fresh snow on the ground... sent the Subaru sideways a couple of times in the parking lot this morning for shits and giggles. Just got word that the boss really liked one of our recent R&D batches, so possible new brand on the horizon.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Right behind you at 6 hours...

Fresh snow on the ground... sent the Subaru sideways a couple of times in the parking lot this morning for shits and giggles. Just got word that the boss really liked one of our recent R&D batches, so possible new brand on the horizon.
the triplebock?