Quantcast

Thirds (not Fried) $^$ Hay

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Since we in Aotearoa have been having season 4 of lockdown, the fam has been doing more indoor exercise. L4 means no riding btw. :think:

This season our PT friend lent us this bag (sack?) of weights and shit and included was this super fat-ass resistance band, like easy 5mm thick 40mm wide elastic loop. I never used (or actually maybe never seen) one this thick and gotta say I am loving it.

I normally do not care for bands and that type of stuff, probably because they are normally so weak; I mostly like freeweights but this fat chungus is actually great. Wrap it across your back and shoulders and do actually hard ‘bench press’ in front of the teevee, stand on it and do usefully hard pull ups. It’s super chunky and the stretch is rarrr after a few reps.
I just tried to google it for a link but it is unbranded and I can’t find it. I see there are some similar ‘UFC’-branded thickish ones but they look a fair bit skinnier than my fat purple strength lizard.

Example: simple triangle arm curls; to start it is nearly nothing, feels like 7kg or so as you start to come from straight arm but as you get to the peak it’s easy like 30kg resistance, and at that point even extending your wrist and hand out fully takes it to 40. People I actually like that little extension stuff too. A few sets feels groovy, I think because of that ramp effect, and you can explore the edges of the movement a bit more too.

Anyway, even after a few days it is clearly an effective way to work out, and probably mostly just a bit of a change too which is nice. You can hit muscles combos and angles a bit differently to freeweights, and that is a good thing. Compared to freeweights it’s super convenient to have around the lounge too.

So anyway, many thanks chonky band! 10/10 will keep hitting it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Sheesh. I remember skiing there many moons ago.
I’ve been wondering about this but hadn’t seen numbers for it before; also sheesh!

View attachment 164055
Meanwhile that same state air resources board just made most dirtbikes illegal and makes burning ground cover in national forests illegal in the winter when it could be used to prevent these massive uncontrollable fires.

Because they're fucking geniuses.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just had interview round 2 with the company I interviewed with yesterday. It was a "working session" where I sat in on a meeting where they were discussing a new feature enhancement to the product. I got to see how the team works together, what the dynamic is, etc. I was also encouraged to participate as much or as little as I'd like, and I now have a small assignment to complete based on that meeting so they can see how I think. Basically, it went real well, and I'd be pumped to work with them. We'll see how it goes.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just had interview round 2 with the company I interviewed with yesterday. It was a "working session" where I sat in on a meeting where they were discussing a new feature enhancement to the product. I got to see how the team works together, what the dynamic is, etc. I was also encouraged to participate as much or as little as I'd like, and I now have a small assignment to complete based on that meeting so they can see how I think. Basically, it went real well, and I'd be pumped to work with them. We'll see how it goes.
Many like. Much happy. Hope it works out.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Headed up that way today, to Le Massif.

Hoping it's a little cooler up there...

I'd say do MSA, unless you really want to get your pedal on. At SdM you'd be tired before doing equally gnarly trails. :D
Well, I gambled and lost. Went over the bars in my warm-up lap on Vietnam. Broke my back. I am at the hospital waiting on surgery to fuse three of the vertebrae. I guess I'll be joining that exclusive Club of people with titanium Hardware in their back!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, I gambled and lost. Went over the bars in my warm-up lap on Vietnam. Broke my back. I am at the hospital waiting on surgery to fuse three of the vertebrae. I guess I'll be joining that exclusive Club of people with titanium Hardware in their back!
what the serious fuck? i really hope you're joking.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Unfortunately not. It's getting close to my scheduled surgery time ("this evening") and every time I hear a gurney rolling down the hall I almost shit myself. Seriously, I'm really scared.

Send your thoughts and prayers...
Holy crap! Definitely sending good thoughts, healing vibes and prayers for you and your surgical team.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unfortunately not. It's getting close to my scheduled surgery time ("this evening") and every time I hear a gurney rolling down the hall I almost shit myself. Seriously, I'm really scared.

well you certainly got lucky with only fractured vertebra in the big scheme of things. edit: not trying to sound dismissive, just perspective. hope things go well, i can picture the kind of hardware used (our company makes it, find out from your doc what he used). i hope your fam is with you.

for reference, a buddy/former coworker has almost all his vertebra fused.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Holy shitballs! Hope it all goes well. Best of luck in the surgery. Positive vibes from NZ.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Shit man, sending thoughts and healing vibes your way.

Besides the obvious, hope you're okay....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sorry to hear! Fingers crossed and all the best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
As much as I love titanium, I rather see bike parts made out of it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, so sorry to hear this, dude. Heal up soon!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:(. Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your surgery and the recovery process.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holler if you need anything delivered, we'll be passing through on Sunday, headed for home.
Mickie Dee's delivery?!

Thanks man, I think I'll be good. But depending on how I'm doing... maybe, just maybe.

How was le massif? I had been thinking of going there with my boy today...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mickie Dee's delivery?!

Thanks man, I think I'll be good. But depending on how I'm doing... maybe, just maybe.

How was le massif? I had been thinking of going there with my boy today...
Le Massif is pretty much lift accessed flow and some "enduro" trails. There are a few climbs here and there and overall, the trails are pretty easy going. Lots of kids here. Though the new double black under the gondola is a serious black tech trail.

Only downside I find is the trails have mostly been machine built/dug and most of them are blown out with repeated holes and braking bumps. Tie that in with the super long descent and it just beats the shit out of your hands; doubly so if you're heavy on the brakes. Yesterday I let the girlfriend go infront on majority of the runs, so my hands and forearms got absolutely smoked.

But it's for sure a chill and cool place to visit, it's also not too expensive.