Quantcast

$ Thirsty day $

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did not want to wake up this morning. It got down to 53 degrees and it was GLORIOUS with the windows wide open.

Rear tire went down to something like 10psi last night. Didn't notice at first until I tried to make a turn and the bike felt like a wet noodle. I guess the Rimpact insert did its job...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Up at 4:30a to the sounds of our local Mockingbird performing its entire catalog of songs and imitations. Still going when I left the house at 7. Trails are wet, gravel ride later.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Two things:
1. Listened to a podcast this morning about surveillance capitalism and the established link between the ability of online entities to influence physical behavior through digital conditioning. Excuse me while I go get fitted for a tinfoil hat. :bad:

2. Coming to the stark realization that I have no idea wtf I'm doing in my job at the moment. My responsibilities are way outside of my discipline and experience. Guess I have some serious learning to do.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
2. Coming to the stark realization that I have no idea wtf I'm doing in my job at the moment. My responsibilities are way outside of my discipline and experience. Guess I have some serious learning to do.
That's 90%+ of the working population, fake it until you make it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's 90%+ of the working population, fake it until you make it.
:stupid:

This gig is interesting. I know QA, I know testing. I have been doing this for 25+ years. Some of that time has been in software driven hardware (like this is) and some of those environments needed work.

This gig is a hot mess. We got an email from a brand new customer that said "how can a released product have this many issues?"

So while building both a manual and automated QA process, I also get to learn about lasers. So there is that, freaking lasers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:stupid:

This gig is interesting. I know QA, I know testing. I have been doing this for 25+ years. Some of that time has been in software driven hardware (like this is) and some of those environments needed work.

This gig is a hot mess. We got an email from a brand new customer that said "how can a released product have this many issues?"

So while building both a manual and automated QA process, I also get to learn about lasers. So there is that, freaking lasers.
How many watts?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Currently learning about skiving and it's kinda crazy. Using a laser to remove a single layer from a multi layered PCB.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Saying "I don't know" has been one of the best things I've learned to do in my shortish career. Humility isn't a bad thing sometimes.

I've seen so many younger folks (1-5 years out of school) have that "I got this shit" mentality and refuse to admit when they can't do something or know something and really fuck themselves over.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Saying "I don't know" has been one of the best things I've learned to do in my shortish career. Humility isn't a bad thing sometimes.

I've seen so many younger folks (1-5 years out of school) have that "I got this shit" mentality and refuse to admit when they can't do something or know something and really fuck themselves over.
I've got a problem child at my job who's in his late 50s and has not only an "I know everything" complex but also a "I'm gonna do everyone else's job" complex. In my short time at this new gig, I've already seen shit blow the fuck up that he "knew everything about" and "had the solution" to. Fucking guy.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Well luckily for me, there's a lot of stuff I don't know, but am willing to learn.

I possess only average intelligence and natural ability, but I pride myself on not giving up. Even when I should.

Hence how I finished every XC ski race in high school in last place. Other teams would have left by the time I finished, I was so absolutely, horrifically terrible at it. But I finished every single race.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it seems the rona has blown through the local starfuvks twice in the last 3 -4 months....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well luckily for me, there's a lot of stuff I don't know, but am willing to learn.

I possess only average intelligence and natural ability, but I pride myself on not giving up. Even when I should.

Hence how I finished every XC ski race in high school in last place. Other teams would have left by the time I finished, I was so absolutely, horrifically terrible at it. But I finished every single race.
well, we think you're tops. keep that shit up, sport.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I've got a problem child at my job who's in his late 50s and has not only an "I know everything" complex but also a "I'm gonna do everyone else's job" complex. In my short time at this new gig, I've already seen shit blow the fuck up that he "knew everything about" and "had the solution" to. Fucking guy.
Blah, blah, blah, enough about work, I want to see (interior) pixels from the new CVB...

Must be nice and done inside (sans stove...)