Quantcast

Thirsty GMT

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I once got an email that was supposed to go to someone in another division with my name. It was a long email string about how to export explosives into Saudi Arabia for a construction project without the proper paperwork. I just forwarded it to our comptroller and legal department with a read receipt.
My same-name guy and I actually had a few exchanges. He was a funny guy. At one point, we decided one of us would have to change our name to Nancy, but we never agreed on the rules for determining who had to change.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
To night ride or not to night ride tonight. Hmm, an illuminating proposal indeed.
If you do, I will too!

I need to adjust my front brake before going out, though. It was dragging pretty damn bad last night, it felt like it was constantly on. Trying to adjust brakes in the dark is a shitshow of frustration.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My same-name guy and I actually had a few exchanges. He was a funny guy. At one point, we decided one of us would have to change our name to Nancy, but we never agreed on the rules for determining who had to change.
We would occasionally get someone who would reply all on a worldwide e-mail. One day a few people started replying all telling people to stop replying all. It added up to over 500 emails in about an hour. Some dude in Brussels started replying to the reply-alled reply-all stop requests with Anchor Man memes. On their own his replies were not that funny, but in context it was fucking hilarious. Some brainiac in IT finally thought it would be a good idea to filter who could send to the worldwide all employee list.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
We would occasionally get someone who would reply all on a worldwide e-mail. One day a few people started replying all telling people to stop replying all. It added up to over 500 emails in about an hour. Some dude in Brussels started replying to the reply-alled reply-all stop requests with Anchor Man memes. On their own his replies were not that funny, but in context it was fucking hilarious. Some brainiac in IT finally thought it would be a good idea to filter who could send to the worldwide all employee list.
Had a very similar event recently. Reply All should have an automatic pink slip attached to it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Since this is deucemonkey, I gotta report my second office release this week. Usually, I need to be at home and going about it in a non-standard way (don't ask). Looks like paralyzed bowel is less paralyzed.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2004/04/08/109626.aspx

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So much for riding tonight. Loaded all my crap into the car and then decided to take a look at my howling/dragging brake.

Turns out that those little Avid washers have either completely disappeared or were cracked and fell off when I touched the brake. Ummm, that's safe? No wonder the brake felt and sounded shitty, it was literally just floating there.

Gotta figure out what to do with that one. Only slightly annoyed. :rolleyes:

Ended up riding the Turner DHR around the block, just to get a pedal in.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I didn't do them up any tighter than any other time? I've had Avid brakes for the last 10 years. Oh well, I'll just chalk this one up to "needs new brakes" and take @jstuhlman legendary advice. :D

Could be worse, I guess. At least my \\\VANOS/// unit didn't lunch itself.

:drag:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It is odd. You are much more likely to strip the threads in the brake post mounts than cracking the washers. They are solid aluminum.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
As I continue to ride more my vision problems and depth perception have been getting better. This has facilitated me being able to go on longer rides and more challenging rides. My endurance has improved. My Climbing ability is still pretty bad. Timing and Jumping not so much either. Dec 10 65deg and trails have been blown of all leaves. I got sunburn today.... No Thai food was had..

Black berry brandy Moonshine. Very strong, very drunk.

Last edited: