Quantcast

@%&Thirsty Thursday GMT&%@

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Driving across the country, spent most of yesterday going through Kansas. I now understand why people in Kansas do not believe in evolution, with this much inbreeding it doesn't really work around these parts.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning for chrissakes. Back to work today after a 12 hour bout with ebola. I am enjoying these last couple of half work days. Back to a full schedule next week. With any luck, I'll tear up my knee again this weekend so I can go back on medical leave. :monkey:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Got but a dusting of snow here. Nothing to see here, move along.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You know whats next.
Being under contract for 7-8 more houses before he actually buys one?

Staying at Polandspring88's place since last night through next Tuesday watching his mutt while he and his GF prance around Iceland. At least I got a cake out of it.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
not yet, but the house had a complete hvac replacement
New HVAC system means nothing if there's no remediation system (if there is in fact high levels of radon present). Might not seem like something that could happen, but it definitely does. I looked at a house with no remediation system, and the radon levels were literally 5-6X the legal limit when the test results came back (water and air). I passed on the (otherwise great) house because the sellers refused to make a deal on putting in remediation systems. It wasn't so much the health aspects that concerned me, so much as having to deal with it inevitably if I wanted to sell the house.

Not sure where you're looking, but New England is very ledgy, which is where radon is most abundant. Not trying to scare you or steer you away, just passing on some advice from my own experience.

EDIT - heh (from wiki).....

The highest average radon concentrations in the United States are found in Iowa and in the Appalachian Mountain areas in southeastern Pennsylvania

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
not really worried about radon. even if it is present a remediation system is like a grand.
The air ones are cheap, but water wasn't IIRC (I think $4-5k). Then again all the houses I looked at had well water, so if you're looking at houses with public water that's a different story.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Our neighbor has two German shepards that never STFU.
I didn't know we lived next to each other.
Sheps are loud/vocal dogs (especially towards other dogs & mine hate greyhounds for some reason) but, on the other hand, our block is the only one that hasn't had a break-in unlike surrounding streets.