Quantcast

This can not be good..................

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
One of the series i race had it's last points race of the year and i was having a good race and can around a turn hauling more ass than Oprah's pantys and the trail went straight friggin down!!!!!!No danger markers or anything.Before you ask,no i didn't preride,work obligations kept me from it.Anyway back to what happened.This was a stupid steep 100+ yard chute and i can into it in the big ring and in the basement on the cassette.Now i have raced dh for a couple of years and steep doesn't scare me but at this speed on a Top Fuel 110 it was bad.Lost control and for some reason my right foot never came unclipped.Still ended up with a second tho :D .MRI in the morning :(. That is supposed to be a knee

Attachments

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
dude that looks like my knee after i tore my acl/miniscus. ask the doctor to draw the blood out of the knee so you can bend it. hopefully it s not the acl and you just dislocated the knee cap or something

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Update: The swelling has gone down somewhat and has been replaced by gnarly bruising.Range of motion is very limited.Hopefully another night of elevation and ice and the swelling will continue to go down.Really hoping its just bruising and such and not anything torn. :(

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I hope everything works out for you. I just finished a period of almost 4 weeks off the bike for back and knee problems. I had some freakish swelling due to damage to the bursa and then a few weeks of limited range of motion from bruises and swelling and then more time of limited range because of some nasty prepatellar bursitis. Also, even though I only hit a small part of my knee, I had bruises from about 4 inches above the knee to almost the bottom of my shin.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
bluebug32 said:
hauling more ass than Oprah's panties...hehe...I like that :thumb:

:D Anyway i think i may have gotten very lucky.Pretty much all of the swelling is gone and i am just left with bruising.Goin to try an easy road ride tomorrow.If everything goes well i will make the 12 hour on saturday :thumb:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
GravityFreakTJ said:
:D Anyway i think i may have gotten very lucky.Pretty much all of the swelling is gone and i am just left with bruising.Goin to try an easy road ride tomorrow.If everything goes well i will make the 12 hour on saturday :thumb:
If you're even thinking of riding at this point, sounds like you'll be fine!

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
GravityFreakTJ said:
Now i have raced dh for a couple of years and steep doesn't scare me but
It is fun to take windrock skills and apply them to the xc bike. I've rediscovered the xc love and I've gotten a bit over my head at times thinking I had slack angles and lots of travel. Have fun racing this weekend and maybe I'll run into you on a dh bike again. (I hope you enjoyed the crash I put on for you guys this spring when I cased the double after the bulkhead...you drove all that way that you needed to see someone do something stupid :) )

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
d.e.f. said:
It is fun to take windrock skills and apply them to the xc bike. I've rediscovered the xc love and I've gotten a bit over my head at times thinking I had slack angles and lots of travel. Have fun racing this weekend and maybe I'll run into you on a dh bike again. (I hope you enjoyed the crash I put on for you guys this spring when I cased the double after the bulkhead...you drove all that way that you needed to see someone do something stupid :) )

That was one helluva case :blah: .I am goin to try to head down your way later this fall to ride some at Haw Ridge.Maybe we can hook up for some xc?

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
GravityFreakTJ said:
That was one helluva case :blah: .I am goin to try to head down your way later this fall to ride some at Haw Ridge.Maybe we can hook up for some xc?
Thats all I've been doing recently. I had to sell the bike (to mikey) to pay taxes. Let me know when your comming down. There is going to be a 12h race at the ridge the last sat in october - its pretty fun and chill - I'll be there. Give me a shout.

That was the only time I've crashed there. But I'm sure I've crashed on every inch of that mountain at least once :p . At least I had a witness.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
GravityFreakTJ said:
That was one helluva case :blah: .I am goin to try to head down your way later this fall to ride some at Windrock .Maybe we can hook up for some DH runs down Snakerock / Southern Rocks? ?

There, fixed it for you. I think you spelled Windrock wrong or something. Some kinda crazy talk. :sneaky: :nuts:

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
d.e.f. said:
Thats all I've been doing recently. I had to sell the bike (to mikey) to pay taxes. Let me know when your comming down. There is going to be a 12h race at the ridge the last sat in october - its pretty fun and chill - I'll be there. Give me a shout.

That was the only time I've crashed there. But I'm sure I've crashed on every inch of that mountain at least once :p . At least I had a witness.
Sounds good.Do they limit the number of entrants?? I know some 12 hrs do.I might come down and do it solo :cool:

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
GravityFreakTJ said:
Sounds good.Do they limit the number of entrants?? I know some 12 hrs do.I might come down and do it solo :cool:
I'm not the best w/ this here in-tra-net (and I've got a degree) but I believe these are the links

info:
http://www.highland-adventures.com/12 hour.html
course map:
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~dunigan/fohr/12h05.jpg

I rode the course over the weekend and its pretty fun. A lot less fire roads than in the past and some sections to actually test some technical skills. Should be a fun time.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
GravityFreakTJ said:
That does sound like fun.Looks like you have to register by the 25th so i will see if i have any legs left after the next two races :think: .It has been a long season
In the past it may "say" that, but you can register even on the morning the day of the event - you just don't get your shirt. But who knows, they may have changed that.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
d.e.f. said:
In the past it may "say" that, but you can register even on the morning the day of the event - you just don't get your shirt. But who knows, they may have changed that.

I can always just bring the Chase and ride Bigfoot if i can't race :sneaky: .You racing it D?

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
GravityFreakTJ said:
I can always just bring the Chase and ride Bigfoot if i can't race :sneaky: .You racing it D?
Ahhh, the problems of two dougs in knoxville who both ride dh (well, not me as much as before) and post on this website :p .

I'll be there w/ some goober friends on a goof-off team. Ride hard and fast, but in the end just trying to beat each other...and drink beer. I'm not sure if profro gonna show. I've seen him out there a few times w/ both his dh bike and his mtx bike, but I don't know if he's got an xc-ish bike. There are two climbs that I don't think his single ring/guide will like. I don't know how many, if any, of the dh kids will be there. I remember when ben used to clean house at this race - I believe he won it the first 3 times they put it on.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
d.e.f. said:
Ahhh, the problems of two dougs in knoxville who both ride dh (well, not me as much as before) and post on this website :p .

No problem...i know which Doug to which i'm speaking.I mean come on,when you see someone case a jump like that you never forget :nuts:

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
GravityFreakTJ said:
No problem...i know which Doug to which i'm speaking.I mean come on,when you see someone case a jump like that you never forget :nuts:
Awesome! :D

I remember when both Doug and Josh moved to town, I had their faces and real names right, but I always had their internet identities mixed up.

And to think I thought I knew what I was doing. Way back when there was only trail one, the bulkhead had a pretty good little lip to it. I didn't have too much in the air bike control and ended up launching to the very bottom of the transition...resulting me eating serious sh*t. Ben and Joey came up upone me right as I was getting up, saw that I was moving and talking, and just laughed. So I'm glad someone was there to laugh at that one too.