Quantcast

>>>This crap again? Monderp GMT<<<

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. For lunch I sadly must report that I do not have Thai leftovers, but instead Indian. (I actually turned down my wife's suggestion to pick up Thai on the way back from daddy-daughter dance rehearsal as I'd felt I'd had enough in recent days. Heresy, I know.)

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Good morning, most of the snow is gone with the exception the mountains and other higher elevation places south of Tucson.
Drove up to Phoenix Friday night, and met up with Brian/ @Tantrum Cycles at Estrella Mountain Regional Park with another buddy of mine and rode 4.8 miles. There was a mishap with the pedals, or therefore lack of but Brian took a trip to the trek store to solve that. After that ride, my buddy had to leave because of plans he had that evening. Decided to keep riding and took a trip to FINS and did another 6.8 miles. His bikes are damn good. They climb, they send, they soak up everything. Very impressed.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Our senior (16yr. old) dog took a tumble down the stairs last night. I was sure his hip would be toast, but he seems to be moving pretty decent for how well he moves at his age. We're near the end of our journey together, and it's tough to see the light in his eyes and the the failing of his body.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Good morning, most of the snow is gone with the exception the mountains and other higher elevation places south of Tucson.
Drove up to Phoenix Friday night, and met up with Brian/ @Tantrum Cycles at Estrella Mountain Regional Park with another buddy of mine and rode 4.8 miles. There was a mishap with the pedals, or therefore lack of but Brian took a trip to the trek store to solve that. After that ride, my buddy had to leave because of plans he had that evening. Decided to keep riding and took a trip to FINS and did another 6.8 miles. His bikes are damn good. They climb, they send, they soak up everything. Very impressed.
Kinda wishing I would have drove down to ride with you guys. Was planning on a ride/trail work in town as the weather forecast was looking good here, but Mother nature had a different plan. I'd like to be a weatherman/meteorologist in my next life - you can be wrong 61% of the time and you still get to keep your job.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Good Morning!!

Our senior (16yr. old) dog took a tumble down the stairs last night. I was sure his hip would be toast, but he seems to be moving pretty decent for how well he moves at his age. We're near the end of our journey together, and it's tough to see the light in his eyes and the the failing of his body.
:(

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

We roll out of Alabama today and over to Louisiana. Gotta visit New Orleans before the pre-Mardi Gras celebrations really get going.

Montgomery had to be the quietest, least busy state capital I’ve ever visited. Even Whitehorse was more hopping. What a weird little place.

On the upside of course, the Legacy Museum was marvelous. For those with any appetite for history and knowledge of America’s brutal past, this will be your spot.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Good Morning!!

:( Condolences.
Kinda wishing I would have drove down to ride with you guys. Was planning on a ride/trail work in town as the weather forecast was looking good here, but Mother nature had a different plan. I'd like to be a weatherman/meteorologist in my next life - you can be wrong 61% of the time and you still get to keep your job.
Perhaps next time. I will be in Flagstaff near the end of June if you want to meet up.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Good Morning!!

Ouch

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Had a great time In Killington VT this weekend. Pretty nice conditions considering the weird NE weather we've been having.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody use Rocket Mortgage or any of those online places for a Mortgage?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got an email for another no-notice interview today - 3:30pm with another AVP of the group (Operations now). I'm in jeans and a polo shirt. Oh well, I've known her for 4 years; I'll survive.

Spent yesterday afternoon putting up blackout curtains and a new front porch light with a camera (think Ring). Damn thing was registered to somebody else so I can't use it. Also discovered that I have to keep the light switch on to keep the camera on, so it's probably coming off and the old one is going back on. I did at least sleep until my alarm went off, which was a first in ages.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Snowy drive in, but it ain't sticking. Temp is 36 freedoms, says "feels like 26", but I say it feels a lot colder than that, damn.

Was all excited Saturday when I got the wipers on Frita working. New blades and now I don't have to time the drive to/from storage based on rain. :rofl:

Had the wife's birthday weekend, was great success.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Day one of no espresso. We used our Bialetti stovetop espresso maker.

On the snow front, another foot came down. I'm done with winter, please take it away.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
The local grocer here cures and sells their own bacon..... and rich uppity types want all their bacon to be the same size and shape so they trim all the edges......
The grocer is smart enough to realize I don't care.... So they sell the trim for cheap..... like 4 pounds for 5 dollars cheap!!!!!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The local grocer here cures and sells their own bacon..... and rich uppity types want all their bacon to be the same size and shape so they trim all the edges......
The grocer is smart enough to realize I don't care.... So they sell the trim for cheap..... like 4 pounds for 5 dollars cheap!!!!!
I am sure that in Brooklyn somewhere, a butcher is selling the trim as ‘tip to tail’ or something, and getting $20 a pound for it.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Which grocer, Belgrade Albertson's or the Chalet Market?