Quantcast

This evening I shall drink many beers!!!

dirtyamerican

Monkey
Jan 15, 2005
at my own freeride trail
Looks like some good beer! I'll be drinking none. I haven't been the same since my porter tasting party that gave me a bad hang-over. You know when you are hovering over the toilet thinking "I'll never drink again"? I'm starting to think that this time it's the truth.

Maybe I just need to pick up a few good ales or IPAs to enjoy. That's what I miss.

Never heard of Wolaver's befo'.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
Wolaver's? Never heard of them. They a NY brewery? Can I have some?
They're brewed by Otter Creek out of Middlebury, VT.. Otter Creeks "Organic Division" if you will... I got threw about 7 last night before it was time to go to bed. The Brown Ale was kinda weak, the IPA was pretty good and the Pale Ale was especially good. Best of the bunch!! Which is unusual for me because I'm a HUGE IPA drinker. I've got 5 more left for tonight! Yippee!! :D

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
being a poor college student sux...i keep hearing about all these great beers that i wish i could afford...but instead i just get miller light or what ever is cheap at the time but not tasting cheap

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
cannondalejunky said:
being a poor college student sux...i keep hearing about all these great beers that i wish i could afford...but instead i just get miller light or what ever is cheap at the time but not tasting cheap
Miller Lite doesn't taste cheap? :think:

I solved that problem when I was a dirtbag college student simply by not drinking alot of beer. I could always afford a couple pitchers/week of the good stuff.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
:stupid: I actually like the taste of beer so I'd rather have 6 good ones then 30 crappy ones. I drink beer for the enjoyment and liquor for drinking, much more economical.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
GumbaFish said:
yeah i tried their oatmeal stout and it was kind of bland, maybe some styles aren't suited to being organic
agreed, although i did like their IPA offering.

i'm about 2 deep into Rogue Porters right now.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
cannondalejunky said:
I made it through college on cases on Natty Light bar bottles when money was tight. I feel (felt?) your pain.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I like Wolaver's. I'm not a big IPA fan, but the brown ale is good and I like the oatmeal stout, even if some think it is a bit bland (which it may be). Regular Otter Creek is good as well. I almost always have some in the fridge. My fav's from there are Oktoberfest, Stovepipe Porter and the Copper Ale. Middlebury Ale is okay, even if it does taste like water and berries. Having the brewery about 2 miles away helps too!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Miller Lite doesn't taste cheap? :think:

I solved that problem when I was a dirtbag college student simply by not drinking alot of beer. I could always afford a couple pitchers/week of the good stuff.

When I was a dirtbag drunken college student I'd just became good friends with the bartenders. Anything I ordered was $1, a beer, pitcher of beer, mixed drink or even a pitcher of mixed drinks. I just mad sure to invite the bartenders to our parties when we served $29 kegs of Milwaulkees Best.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
JRogers said:
I like Wolaver's. I'm not a big IPA fan, but the brown ale is good and I like the oatmeal stout, even if some think it is a bit bland (which it may be). Regular Otter Creek is good as well. I almost always have some in the fridge. My fav's from there are Oktoberfest, Stovepipe Porter and the Copper Ale. Middlebury Ale is okay, even if it does taste like water and berries. Having the brewery about 2 miles away helps too!
Stovepipe Porter is one of my all time favorite beers!! :drool: :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
When I was a dirtbag drunken college student I'd just became good friends with the bartenders. Anything I ordered was $1, a beer, pitcher of beer, mixed drink or even a pitcher of mixed drinks. I just mad sure to invite the bartenders to our parties when we served $29 kegs of Milwaulkees Best.
Yep - at parties on the w/e it was usually $2 for all-you-can-drink crap beer at somebody's party.

I never spent much on beer.

This was the beer of choice when buying:
http://www.bellsbeer.com/branddetail.asp?BrandID=1

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I like stovepipe porter as well. I noticed otter creek has kind of a distinctive taste a lot of the beers seem to have. Its not a bad thing, but it doesnt really make me want one style versus another particularly, except the porter.